Selling books on Amazon

Gerd Muller

Gerd Muller

I've setup my first book on Amazon to sell. Does anyone else do this? I have hundreds of books that I'm looking to sell and make money from. I'm wanting to make some money to save for when I move out.

The book I'm trying to sell first is White Storm by Phill Ball. Its the 101 years of Real Madrid. It said that the lowest price on Amazon was ?3.24. That seemed high enough as was only expecting maybe ?1 or so. I have place my wanting price at ?3.00 which is the lowest so hopefully this will sell.

Does anyone else sell books on Amazon and is it a better way for selling than ebay?

christhejambo

Im shortly going to have a massive pile of uni textbooks to punt too- most of which are pratically new. Not expecting to get anywhere near what i paid for them, but wouldnt mind knowing whether Amazon is better than Ebay for this too.

ArmiyaRomanova

There's also this site for reselling books.

http://www.greenmetropolis.com/

Dunno how well frequented it is, but I've sold a couple of things through it.

Ideal for paperbacks with bent spines etc... stuff that folk buying on Amazon might want to avoid as second-hand.

Gerd,

Can you bump this thread back up or PM me when you get a result?

I'd be interested to know how you get on.

Sold anything yet?

We all want to know as our bookshelves are heaving with potential cash! :)

Gerd Muller

Not sold any as yet, I think its really a service for basically buying a book, reading it then selling it as soon as. Alot of people have big feedback scores on there and I have 0! :)

The end date for the bigs I placed on the site to sell is the end of July, you basically renew it if its not sold and you dont have any listing fee at all. Think it will be good because there are always people out there buying things so heres hoping.

• 3 weeks later...

I've sold things on amazon marketplace and eBay and the main difference i found was that amazon charge you slightly more (though this will depend on how much your item is selling for though)

eBay is good because you know when your item is going to sell buy whereas on amazon it could sit for a long time without any interest. Knowing how much you're going to get for the item is the other advantage of amazon. Hope this helps! :)

Gerd Muller
Gerd,

Any joy with this yet?

Aye sold 6 books and 2 dvds. I currently have 26 items listed on there and as SupaJT mentioned, they could be sitting there for a long time but if you keep checking every day to see if your book/dvd is still the lowest price. Made about ?22 profit so far after the expenses for postage. Been reusing the packaging I received when I bought games, dvds books etc from ebay before.

Gerd Muller

Oh and to add, so easy to list. You just type in the barcode number on the book or dvd. It will find it and you then just write a wee comment about the condition of the item and then select the price you want for the. Obviously the lowest price will sell quicker, but I normally hav a look at the items that are for sale and if my book is in worse condition, i'll sell for less.

Archived