I just want a manager that plays attacking football

vegas-voss

vegas-voss

Please whoever the **** we get now that McGhee aint coming play attacking football i can't stand another season like this last one.

Jam Tarts 1874
Please whoever the **** we get now that McGhee aint coming play attacking football i can't stand another season like this last one.

Yes, just can't imagine how bad the atmosphere would be if Frail, Korobotcha or some other Eastern European was there again next season.

Well that would rule out Craig Levien then!

vegas-voss
Well that would rule out Craig Levien then!

Levien has had Utd playing some great football last season.

Spellczech

With you on that one. I detest 4-5-1. Even if we do have rubbish strikers I?d rather see 2 of them play! Last season was frustrating as we?d been told Vlad likes expansive attacking football yet we got terrible formations, tactics and substitutions last year...

vegas-voss
With you on that one. I detest 4-5-1. Even if we do have rubbish strikers I?d rather see 2 of them play! Last season was frustrating as we?d been told Vlad likes expansive attacking football yet we got terrible formations, tactics and substitutions last year...

It's not so much the one striker it's the two defensive midfielders.It's the Spl for **** sake,not as is if we are up against the cream of europe.

Levien has had Utd playing some great football last season.

Short memory....the media slaughtered him before he left Hearts for his "6 behind the ballboy tactics"...there words not mine.

His defensive stuff a Hearts was boring.

:107years:

It's not so much the one striker it's the two defensive midfielders.It's the Spl for **** sake,not as is if we are up against the cream of europe.

The lesson of the last 2 years has been that we need more aggressive ballwinning midfielders. Since Brellier left we have had only Jonsson. Palazuelos is immobile but is certainly not a defensive midfielder. A ballwinner for the midfield to play beside Jonsson is 2nd on the list for a must buy in the summer together with a dominating centre half.

vegas-voss
Short memory....the media slaughtered him before he left Hearts for his "6 behind the ballboy tactics"...there words not mine.

It was i agree but it's not been like that at Utd this season.It's no coincidence that Levien(season just passed)McGhee and Burley and also dare i say Mowbarry have all had success by going on the attack.Where we are now like St Mirren and a point is better than nowt philosophy.

Levein's tactics may have been boring to you but at least we won more than we lost, and finnished top 3 on a few occasions under him, i'd have that back instead of the drivel i've been watching this season! He also brought in some decent players, with the exception of Kingston(when he can be arsed), who could we say came to Hearts in the last 2 years and made a difference to the team? Michael Stewart?, left to play for that lot then comes back tail between legs with rumours that he was trouble in their dressing room? Levein at least brought players like Hartley, Stamp, DeVries, McKenna and Webster to the club.

shaun.lawson

If so, then John Hughes is your man - and no, I'm not joking!

If so, then John Hughes is your man - and no, I'm not joking!

I'm with you on that one, would definately rather take him over JJ, i think jeffries would be a step back, ny worrie is, that if people from hearts do read here, they will get the impression we would be happy with jeffries.

I would try and get someone in even better than hughes to be honest, but has had falkirk play some lovely football, not sure what he would be like in the transfer market, not sure how much of his signings have been good judgement or stroke of luck.

:)

TimeBandit

totally forgot about this..

in one of his infamous totally ill advised **** up interviews he said the spl was too defensive and he wanted break it apart with total attacking football.. or something similar to those words and/or sentiments...

don't have a link or **** all but it rings a bell.. this ***** taking us for a ride.

the only way to have total attacking football is to have a manger who has the nouse to field the right team at the right team with the right tactics.

not some bampot whose playstation has got boring...

Archived