Watkins.

jambo191

Looked a real threat today against Celtic.

His pace, and direct approach, constantly taking on defenders was a joy to watch.

Are we seriously in for this guy?

If that's the standard we are trying to get, then in Robbie/Craig I trust.

Robbie distanced himself a number of weeks ago re this boy but im hoping that is just smoke and mirrors as always impressed when I have seen him...

Robbie distanced himself a number of weeks ago re this boy but im hoping that is just smoke and mirrors as always impressed when I have seen him...

100% this......more smoke than a formula one driver doing a doughnut on the track

gerryjambo41

Boy in section T last season had me in stitches when he shouted at Watkins "imagine being called after a dug ya ***** " . At my age I should know better but :D

gerryjambo41

Boy in section T last season had me in stitches when he shouted at Watkins "imagine being called after a dug ya ***** " . At my age I should know better but :D

Did look ok. The lad Raven has always looked decent at right back whilst Warren and Meekings have always defended as what I'd describe as proper centre halves.

Draper has always looked ok to me in midfield too. ICT have a few players who'd add something to our squad imo.

Some real honest pros in ICT ranks. Players with character you could rely on when the chips are down. Watkins would be a real good signing.

Jamboscanbevicius

ICT are a very good side. Good movement, crisp passing and comfortable on the ball. Watched them a few weeks ago and Watkins was the pick of the bunch. The young lad Christie has a big future too. Would be delighted with either of these boys. Shinnie is excellent too and will be a good signing for Aberdeen.

To be honest I'd be going for Ryan Christie first - an excellent player from what I've seen.

yes but the ?500,000 fee and wages might be an issue

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Shinnie would of been a great addition to our squad. Don't think McHattie is good enough

He's signed a pre-contract with Aberdeen.

yes but the ?500,000 fee and wages might be an issue

A wee hurdle right enough. Maybe just keep him in mind - bound to go down to Championship and might do a Scott Allan and ****** up the opportunity.

Phil Dunphy

I'll be honest, I'm hoping we're going to be looking further afield than Scotland for new talent.

LarrysRightFoot

I'll be honest, I'm hoping we're going to be looking further afield than Scotland for new talent.

Probably a bit of smoke and mirrors but did Robbie effectively rule out signing anyone currently playing in Scotland due to the price - I think he highlight DUFC having to pay ?200k for Charlie Telfer.

Jambof3tornado

Probably a bit of smoke and mirrors but did Robbie effectively rule out signing anyone currently playing in Scotland due to the price - I think he highlight DUFC having to pay ?200k for Charlie Telfer.

Not if they are out of contract.

It doesn't matter if they're out of contract or not.

If they are U24 and have been offerd terms by their present club a development fee is due - which is what happened with Telfer.

He's signed a pre-contract with Aberdeen.

Is that true?

FFS, Aberdeen are building a very tasty squad.

Bert Le Clos

If they are U24 and have been offerd terms by their present club a development fee is due - which is what happened with Telfer.

Does that not only apply to their first club? ie. the one that actually developed them?

Watkins has been at two clubs sine Cheltenham. I don't think we'd be due them much, if any of a development fee.

I'd be pleased if we got him though.

I take it the Higginbotham rumour didn't have any legs? I see he's top of the assists charts for the SPL. I've said for a while we could do with another wide player to ease the strain on Walker, King and Nicholson. If one of them gets injured two isn't enough.

No bothered if we sign him, but today showed the level of physicality and pace we're stepping back up to. Inverness were very impressive.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Celtic were well on top until the red card. Christie apart a team of inconsistent journeyman. Who is Watkins playing up front with? Sow needs a partner but not Marley Watkins

tartofmidlothian

Only if they actually did develop him. Is it not something like, they have to have been with the club for five years between 14 and 24? I made that up, but it's a similar principle.

LarrysRightFoot

True - there will be a fee if they have developed them though and are under 24. I would think most of the players we would look at in Scotland would be around this age.

His point I think related to this - that the players we would be interested in would command a fee and paying ?200k for Charlie Telfer is a risk our current finances couldn't allow.

Basically we are looking for the best players for the best value.

Celtic were well on top until the red card. Christie apart a team of inconsistent journeyman. Who is Watkins playing up front with? Sow needs a partner but not Marley Watkins

Shinnie is a very good left back at SPL level.

scots civil war

ann and craig are gonna have to front up some dough this coming season as it seems to me theres been a rather significant upturn in personnel quality at all our rivals in the spl.

ive gotten used to hmfc winning ways,and im a bit apprehensive bout next season tbh

ann and craig are gonna have to front up some dough this coming season as it seems to me theres been a rather significant upturn in personnel quality at all our rivals in the spl.

ive gotten used to hmfc winning ways,and im a bit apprehensive bout next season tbh

Plenty available for free. No need to pay anything other than the odd nominal fee, if that.

Don't get the apprehension either. We know that league. Yes we'll not win every week and we'll drop points to St Johnstone etc but as a Hearts fan of more than one season surely that's not going to be a surprise.

Always thought Ross looked handy, always seemed a thorn in our side anyway but he shouldn't be judged on that alone.

I'm sure I read he's out of contract this summer, might be wrong?

3fingersreid

I'm sure CL & RN have a shopping list but remember players are easily replaced (or so we're told )

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Shinnie is a very good left back at SPL level.

Thought he looked ordinary until he was afforded huge amount of space in the second half. Can't say he's ever caught my eye.We can get better I'm sure.

There are some fantastic players available throughout Europe on free transfers so I don't see why we should be looking at players like Watkins. Don't get me wrong, he is a handy wee player, but I think we can do better. I have watched Caley a fair bit this season and striker is not his first position. He runs a hell of a lot and is decent enough with the ball, but his finishing and striking instincts are actually pretty poor.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Aye Hamill Stevo and brad are all up against us next season. Can't sleep myself for the worry

Thought he looked ordinary until he was afforded huge amount of space in the second half. Can't say he's ever caught my eye.We can get better I'm sure.

He's signed for Aberdeen anyway.

Notorious BIG

Im sure I read somewhere he is a midfielder who was forced to play up top after injuries? might be wrong though, decent player, no better than what we have and would much rather scout europe for a striker than scotland

Does that not only apply to their first club? ie. the one that actually developed them?

Watkins has been at two clubs sine Cheltenham. I don't think we'd be due them much, if any of a development fee.

I'd be pleased if we got him though.

I take it the Higginbotham rumour didn't have any legs? I see he's top of the assists charts for the SPL. I've said for a while we could do with another wide player to ease the strain on Walker, King and Nicholson. If one of them gets injured two isn't enough.

I think it is each time a transfer is made while the player is U24.

Slighly irrelevant in this case as both Telfer and Christie are/were one club players,

Not seen any of todays game yet, just going on what I've seen of him in the last couple of years, he is a good player, I'd be very happy if he was signing for us. I know he is going to Aberdeen.

Archived