First Hearts Game

Bridge of Djoum

Bridge of Djoum

Following on from the first derby thread, I got thinking about my first ever Hearts game I attended.

Thanks to London Hearts, (again) I found it.

Hearts 1 Morton 2. August 18th 1984. Brian Whittaker got the Hearts goal.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/198408181.html

Nice bit of nostalgia.

He Who Cannot Be Named

1993, Hearts 2 - 1 Atletico Madrid. Robbo and Colquhoun with the goals I think. Didn't see much of the game due to terracing and being about 4 foot at the time. Never forget the atmosphere though.

William H. Bonney

Following on from the first derby thread, I got thinking about my first ever Hearts game I attended.

Thanks to London Hearts, (again) I found it.

Hearts 1 Morton 2. August 18th 1984. Brian Whittaker got the Hearts goal.

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/198408181.html

Nice bit of nostalgia.

Same year for me but my memory, and my dads is shocking. I think it was against Aberdeen

17th October 1992

Hearts 1-0 Dundee Utd

My old boy took me along and we ended up standing in a massive queue before realising we'd actually joined the queue for buying tickets to what would be my second Hearts game 4 days later..... against Standard Liege :)

Never forget that first walk up the stairs and out in to the family enclosure (where N lower is now). Hairs on end stuff thinking back to that.

letsalllaughathobos

Was a cup game v either st mitten or dunfermline in 85,

Not that I remember much of the game just remember the black and white strips we played against,

The cup final that we lost that season is my first real memory following hearts,

Was to young to understand what had happened the week before and losing the cup final in 86 was really irrelevant to me at the time,

Since then it has been a long love affair with many ups and downs,

Remember a cup final/semi final too that was 2-2 robbo through one on one and the goalie runs outside the box while ball is bouncing and takes robbo out the game,

We lost in extra time,

Somethings telling me Aberdeen may have been Airdrie though,

Fitzroy Pointon

30 March 1991 

St Mirren 0 v 0 Hearts

God knows what posessed us to go back after that, it was awful.  Highlight being some St Mirren goon being sent off for what we called 'yards' in school.

Still got a signed programme from that day

Archived