Back to basics

Locky

For most of the season, we could do no wrong. Passing was great, movement was great, we were the most organised and disciplined side in the league hands down.

Now, we're making ourselves look almost as bad as Rangers and Hibs. We've been totally outplayed and outclassed by 2 very average sides in the space of a week, and we've no one but ourselves to blame.

Today there was little movement, players spent most of the game huddled together stringing together meaningless passes before giving away possession.

Results mean nothing essentially given the circumstances, but that's no excuse for us playing the way we have lately. Really put a dampener on the celebrations for me and we're totally undermining the hard work.

I know we are better than this.

Lack of intensity and very basic errors - passed more to hibs in the first-half and our set-pieces require a lot of work. Changing formation from what has worked well to one our players don't play is also silly. I've never seen a manager be a success with out of position players and week-on-week tinkering. At least Robbie cottoned-on to that and changed things early.

He couldn't do much about the lack of intensity though, something that has troubled better managers:

?I can take us so far,? he told them. ?I can analyse our opponents and use my tactical know-how to place you in the best positions...But from here on in lads, it?s down to you. If you choose not to play with intensity, if you decide you?re not going to run your legs off out there, well, we won?t win the match.?

Archived