Red faced?

Legend Claws

Legend Claws

How embarrasing. The Hobos must be fishing themselves with laughter. Too many people assuming it was a done deal.

What the **** next?

maltese jambo

the arrogance of most people on this subject has been astounding.

Who are you trying to kid that this man is stupid enough to become our manager?

get real.

How embarrasing. The Hobos must be fishing themselves with laughter. Too many people assuming it was a done deal.

What the **** next?

Thats football mate...one door opens and another slams you right in the coupon:wacko:

Legend Claws

How anybody could think it was finalised before the man was swinging a Hearts scarf above his head is bemusing!

davemclaren
How anybody could think it was finalised before the man was swinging a Hearts scarf above his head is bemusing!

Never count your chickens.... However football messageboards tend to be like that. :rolleyes:

angry understudy

It does feel a bit like Jambos Kickedbaws back.co.uk.

Hey ho, you win some you lose some.

The Future's Maroon

What the **** next?

To be fair the many people assuming it was a done deal had alot to do with all the I have a good 'source' posts?

But you do make a good point by say what the **** next?!

Is anybody actually surprised that our shambolic club has made yet another erse of itself?

Whoever gets the job now knows they were 2nd choice and that has to come into their thinking. Mad Vlad doesn't want to give the assurances and if he'd stated clearly and made a statement regarding giving MM the total control of the football side it wouldn't matter what Murderhell offered.

1 week til the transfer market opens...

Legend Claws

People seem to be asking for Davies? Surely he will be the new Leicester (spl) manager.

Total joke and have ****ed me off more than anything in the last year.

Who cares? There are bigger issues to worry about than whether the Hobos get a chance to snigger at us. I couldn't give a rats ass whether or not we look 'silly' for having believed that McGhee might come to us instead of sticking with Motherwell.

Regardless of what happens, I'll still have no qualms about insisting that Hearts are a better option. One man's decision doesn't change everything that Hearts are - and Motherwell aren't.

Imeantasong

Unfortunately, we'll have to wait for their demise.

Big Mixup will drag the flairmeisters down a few pegs once he really gets going.

Legend Claws
Who cares? There are bigger issues to worry about than whether the Hobos get a chance to snigger at us. I couldn't give a rats ass whether or not we look 'silly' for having believed that McGhee might come to us instead of sticking with Motherwell.

Regardless of what happens, I'll still have no qualms about insisting that Hearts are a better option. One man's decision doesn't change everything that Hearts are - and Motherwell aren't.

We do look daft no doubt about it but that is a background issue if the appointment doesnt go ahead! Hearts may be the 'better' option but that is insignificant if we do not have a manager in place mate.

We do look daft no doubt about it but that is a background issue if the appointment doesnt go ahead! Hearts may be the 'better' option but that is insignificant if we do not have a manager in place mate.

I honestly don't think we do. If we'd been openly hopeful about a manager who was way out of our league then yes, we would look a bit daft. But if it really matters what he thinks then we can assume that by his standards, we're not a bad option at all because he's clearly interested - whether or not he actually comes to us in the end.

But I agree, all of this is just skirting around the real issue which is that we need a manager. Fast.

Legend Claws

I see what you mean about us being the better option but if it doesn't happen that would say that he had severe reservations about his automony over team and transfer affairs which is a real worry.

I see what you mean about us being the better option but if it doesn't happen that would say that he had severe reservations about his automony over team and transfer affairs which is a real worry.

And even if that happens, it's still not something we're responsible for and therefore we have no reason to feel daft. We're guilty only of one thing, and that's sticking with our club when things are really very crappy.

We shouldn't feel embarrassed, we should be getting medals for our resilience. ;)

Maybe I'm just developing a serious case of siege mentality but the way I see it, we're only in REAL trouble when the fans start disappearing and so far that hasn't happened. Despite the apathy some felt towards the end of the season, people have come out in their numbers to discuss and watch/comment on the McGhee saga and that cheers me up no end. People haven't given up yet....far from it. Although, if we end up managerless at the start of the season I might not be feeling quite so optimistic...hehe.

Legend Claws

Ok you are turning my opinion about the embarrasment. Some people should be red faced on here after talking like it was a done deal (so naive!) but I get what you mean about the resiliance.

It has been a great response to the saga and it shows how desperate (and deserving) we are of some really good news of which for me the appointment of MM would be. I think we are basically reading from the same hymn sheet redm.

rudi must stay
Ok you are turning my opinion about the embarrasment. Some people should be red faced on here after talking like it was a done deal (so naive!) but I get what you mean about the resiliance.

It has been a great response to the saga and it shows how desperate (and deserving) we are of some really good news of which for me the appointment of MM would be. I think we are basically reading from the same hymn sheet redm.

it was a done deal though:rolleyes:

Spot on BB,too many on here got embarrasingly carried away and way over exited about the possible hiring of a guy who although having undoubted managerial skills has previous for shafting clubs for his own benefit,some on kickback even having a go at the fans who have yet to renew their season tickets,treating MM as the messia,how foolish they look now.

If MM had came to hearts it would have ended bitterly very very quickly.

Wait a minute here guys.

How are Hearts to blame?

They fought to keep the talks under wraps but it was leaked initially by 107 then the Evening News. They couldn't have known that MM would have a 11th hour change of Heart (sorry - no pun intended). That's football.

Right up to the last weekend I was not 100% sure (maybe 90% but extremely hopeful) if he would come but due to the amount of press coverage etc then I genuinely believed he was coming.

2 things stick out for me though.

1 - Why wasn't someone like CO not travelling with MM.

2 - Plan B? Who wants the job where tey are clearly 2nd choice.

Don't think anyone should be red faced.

Clearly Hearts made an attempt to bring in MM. And it hasn't worked.

So you go onto the next person - my choice would be Jefferies/Pressley/Fulton/Locke as have posted elsewhere. But at least half of the SPL's managers could do a good job for us.

Seymour M Hersh
Wait a minute here guys.

How are Hearts to blame?

They fought to keep the talks under wraps but it was leaked initially by 107 then the Evening News. They couldn't have known that MM would have a 11th hour change of Heart (sorry - no pun intended). That's football.

Right up to the last weekend I was not 100% sure (maybe 90% but extremely hopeful) if he would come but due to the amount of press coverage etc then I genuinely believed he was coming.

What could anyone have done? Grabbed his phone off him? Manhandled him on a private jet using Russian Spetznaz forces? That would have made the club look a really enticing place to come and work! However, I do agree that HMFC have handled this as well as anyone could have.

Wait a minute here guys.

How are Hearts to blame?

To be fair you yourself had loads of people as convinced as you that it was a done deal,to the extent you were quite rude to some who didn't BELIEVE,all this "good source" and the likes.

If Vald and MM had already had meetings or a meeting you would think that MMwould have a good idea of what Vlad was all about and his intentions,which makes me believe that no meeting took place with Vlad,just more rumours.

To be fair you yourself had loads of people as convinced as you that it was a done deal,to the extent you were quite rude to some who didn't BELIEVE,all this "good source" and the likes.

If Vald and MM had already had meetings or a meeting you would think that MMwould have a good idea of what Vlad was all about and his intentions,which makes me believe that no meeting took place with Vlad,just more rumours.

I was defending the fact that talks had taken place and I still defend this - talks had taken place. That is fact. Whether you are others choose to 'believe' that's p to you.

If it makes you feel better I will take full responsibilty for MM not coming. :wacko:

I was defending the fact that talks had taken place and I still defend this - talks had taken place. That is fact. Whether you are others choose to 'believe' that's p to you.

If it makes you feel better I will take full responsibilty for MM not coming. :wacko:

Thats nice of you Rodders.;)

You should know by now to not try a defend anything that goes on at Tynecastle,although this isn't Vlads fault he must shoulder some resposibility,he has turned the job into a bit of a no go area.

TBH I was not surprised in the slightest when I read the news last night this is the norm at Hearts now.

Vlads next move will be very interesting,how will he take rejection on this kind of scale.

Anyway if anyone does have information please let us know but remember to put allegedly after it.

walton1983
Wait a minute here guys.

How are Hearts to blame?

Ask youself.

If Hearts really wanted McGhee, why was Romanov not in this country to speak directly with him.

Romanov could have come out at any time and told McGhee he would have full control of football matters. He didn't.

Ask youself.

If Hearts really wanted McGhee, why was Romanov not in this country to speak directly with him.

Romanov could have come out at any time and told McGhee he would have full control of football matters. He didn't.

Because Mohamed won't go to the mountain.

Thats nice of you Rodders.;)

You should know by now to not try a defend anything that goes on at Tynecastle,although this isn't Vlads fault he must shoulder some resposibility,he has turned the job into a bit of a no go area.

TBH I was not surprised in the slightest when I read the news last night this is the norm at Hearts now.

Vlads next move will be very interesting,how will he take rejection on this kind of scale.

Anyway if anyone does have information please let us know but remember to put allegedly after it.

i don't blame Hearts for this but at the same time there is no smioke without fire and what's happened in the past is probably coming back to haunt us.

It's 50-50 whether he is coming. Allegedly.

i don't blame Hearts for this but at the same time there is no smioke without fire and what's happened in the past is probably coming back to haunt us.

It's 50-50 whether he is coming. Allegedly.

:)

Ask youself.

Hearts definately wanted MM - but is VR defiantely going to give a manager 100% control. That is an question no-one knows the answer too.

RockyBalboa

I'd be red faced if I called one member a fantasist who went against a lot

of other people because what he had actually heard and the member was right all along. ;)

Legend Claws

We don't know if Hearts have any blame in it or if they have done everything the possibly can. But we all know there is so much that Vlad n Co could have done to stuff this up i.e. continue with this crazy team/transfer control crap which we all know that MM or any manager worth their salt would not put up with. Vlad not being here is a mistake that we know has already been made.

Time you stated taking a wee bit more of a realistic view pal. Also to your second point, would you turn a well paid high profile job down just because you were second choice?!?

Wait a minute here guys.

How are Hearts to blame?

Erm.....who actually cares if Hibs fans are laughing????

It sounds like McGhee has used the club and made a laughing stock of us....

He's a one season wonder after all and we're better off without him.....Mothewell to be fighting relegation FACT!!!!! They dinnae have the squad numbers to fight for Europe and keep a steady ship in the SPL....

I'd be red faced if I called one member a fantasist who went against a lot

of other people because what he had actually heard and the member was right all along. ;)

I'm lost. What was this rumour that nobody believed which turned out to be correct?

There have been so many....

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I think its certain people in here that should be embarrased not the club. The impecable sourse merchants have let themselves down badly by claiming its a done deal when clearly it wasnt. I think for once the club have nothing to be embarresed about. We approached Motherwell and MM. He was more than willing to talk to us when the financial carrot was dangled in front of him. People ask for more transparency from the club so they have gone public with thier interest. MM has said he is interested and wants to talk. So much so he was willing to jump a plane and see Vlad. We will never know what John Boyle said in his phone call but one would imagine it was the offer of more money which has been enough to tempt MM.

We will also probably never know what Romanov was going to offer MM in terms of control and team selection. This point surely had to be one of the points discussed in the meeting. If MM is willing to turn his back on us without hearig the final facts then that is entirley his prerogative. I'm no Vlad sympathiser but in this case, surey we have done what we can up to the point of MM flying out to finalise the deal. I've no doubt this will be an unpopular opinion but I feel sometimes we are a bit to quick to put the club down. I only hope to god there is a plan B. If not THEN we can go to town on Vlad.

Only a Game

1. I'd go further than that. Why did he have to go all the way to Lithuania for 8 goddamn days. We are an Edinburgh club and the deal could just have easily been done there, and very probably would have had a greater chance of sucess before he changed his mind. Take him to Lithuania AFTER THAT that if you must FFS.

We gave him way too much time to think, considering we've been working on this for 5 months (apparently). He thunk real hard and for whatever reason, (and I dont buy the loyalty thing one little bit) decided it wasnt for him.

2. Lets hope to hell we actually have a Plan B that is do-able well inside a month or we're in real trouble (again) 2nd choice wont matter a damn IMo when there's that kind of cash on the table.(Hopefully it still is and they wont try and take the **** with the money)

Only a Game
I think its certain people in here that should be embarrased not the club. The impecable sourse merchants have let themselves down badly by claiming its a done deal when clearly it wasnt.

To be fair I think we've done that part to death now. Those who indulged in the attention seeking "I know something you dont know" type stuff have been blown out of the water as far as credibility is concerned and have been exposed for what they are.

Not one of them ever said "there is work to be done" or alluded to the 8 day interview. They all said "done deal" It clearly wasnt.

However I am sure that most of them let their feelings and wishes carry them away and they convinced themselves before they posted that they were right and were passing on the glad tidings, forgetting of course that these things are NEVER done deals until the scarf is above the proverbial head

I think its certain people in here that should be embarrased not the club. The impecable sourse merchants have let themselves down badly by claiming its a done deal when clearly it wasnt. I think for once the club have nothing to be embarresed about. We approached Motherwell and MM. He was more than willing to talk to us when the financial carrot was dangled in front of him. People ask for more transparency from the club so they have gone public with thier interest. MM has said he is interested and wants to talk. So much so he was willing to jump a plane and see Vlad. We will never know what John Boyle said in his phone call but one would imagine it was the offer of more money which has been enough to tempt MM.

We will also probably never know what Romanov was going to offer MM in terms of control and team selection. This point surely had to be one of the points discussed in the meeting. If MM is willing to turn his back on us without hearig the final facts then that is entirley his prerogative. I'm no Vlad sympathiser but in this case, surey we have done what we can up to the point of MM flying out to finalise the deal. I've no doubt this will be an unpopular opinion but I feel sometimes we are a bit to quick to put the club down. I only hope to god there is a plan B. If not THEN we can go to town on Vlad.

I agree wholeheartedly with your second paragraph and most of your first so don't think I'm having a go...but I really, really don't get this stuff about people letting themselves down. How does that work? Even Mark McGhee has come out and said it was pretty much a 'done deal' until that moment at the cabin door (he's a drama queen, clearly) when he changed his mind and flounced back out onto the tarmac and into Boyle's arms....

If McGhee himself admits as much, how can anyone be blamed for believing as much and/or repeating it?

Archived