Remember 1995......he could still come!

Salvatori5

Salvatori5

Anyone care to cast their minds back to 1995? If JKB had been in operation then It would have been in meltdown when Jim Jefferies changed from coming to pledging his future to Falkirk. He then met the Falkirk fans etc and told them he was staying! Yet he changed his mind.

McGhee has still not even had a quote attributed to him regarding the new deal so there may not be ink on the contract yet! Never say never! If quotes and interviews come out 2moro then obviously I will then be saying "never" although worth remembering big Jim's coming!

Drew Busby !
Anyone care to cast their minds back to 1995? If JKB had been in operation then It would have been in meltdown when Jim Jefferies changed from coming to pledging his future to Falkirk. He then met the Falkirk fans etc and told them he was staying! Yet he changed his mind.

McGhee has still not even had a quote attributed to him regarding the new deal so there may not be ink on the contract yet! Never say never! If quotes and interviews come out 2moro then obviously I will then be saying "never" although worth remembering big Jim's coming!

JJ was a Hearts fan who was torn between loyalty to his club chairman at Falkirk ... and managing the club that he loved. After wrangling with his conscience he came to the only possible outcome.

The situation is quite different here. MM is not a Hearts fan. There is no "love of club" factor here.

Salvatori5
MM is not a Hearts fan. There is no "love of club" factor here.

You are obviously correct DB. That is why I will give up on the idea when I see a quote from MM. After quoted he will not go back on his word as he does not have in him what JJ did. But until that quote..........

LarrysRightFoot

I agree that this MAY NOT be over but at the same time we cannot pin our hopes on McGhee changing his mind (if he really has signed a new deal at Motherwell). We must move on.

And we must acknowledge that there has been progress here - we did court a proper 'British style manager'! Now lets hope that just because he has apprarently knocked us back Vlad doesnt think 'ah **** it' and go for another of his cronies. That would be a disater and IMO would force the issue and lead to fans boycotting the ground and protesting and who knows what would be the outcome if that happened?

Anyway if McGhee is staying at Motherwell Vlad MUST for the sake of the club target a similar style of manager. Right now I would even accept Jefferies. Although I hope we now turn to the man I wanted in the first place - Billy Davies!

Archived