Well done Palace

Francis Albert

Francis Albert

I heard Pardew in an interview before the game admitting they didn't need to win the game because they were almost certainly safe anyway. Yet they went out and fought every inch of the way for a win against a bunch of (overpaid) superstars. Compare and contrast our surrender to a bunch of (overpaid) has-beens and journeymen. 

Jambos_1874

For crying out loud, this is just getting ridiculous. I really hope none of the players read this fourm.

:seething:

Francis Albert

For crying out loud, this is just getting ridiculous. I really hope none of the players read this fourm.

They should watch a rerun and be told that is what is expected of a team playing in a game where there is nothing much at stake.

I heard Pardew in an interview before the game admitting they didn't need to win the game because they were almost certainly safe anyway. Yet they went out and fought every inch of the way for a win against a bunch of (overpaid) superstars. Compare and contrast our surrender to a bunch of (overpaid) has-beens and journeymen. 

Surely you don't mean that.  Palace hadn't just won the league and relaxed.

Francis Albert

Surely you don't mean that.  Palace hadn't just won the league and relaxed.

They had actually achieved much much more than winning the second division in Scotland. They had already, against all the odds, virtually secured their place in the EPL.

Guest Prentice

I heard Pardew in atan interview before the game admitting they didn't need to win the game because they were almost certainly safe anyway. Yet they went out and fought every inch of the way for a win against a bunch of (overpaid) superstars. Compare and contrast our surrender to a bunch of (overpaid) has-beens and journeymen.

Its really sad the abuse you took over FOH turned you into this. It's not you and is just plain sad. Get a grip of yourself and stop trying to be an immature Internet troller. You really are so much better than that.

fabienleclerq

Gotta be trolling with This!! I was annoyed at some performances but this is so bad it has to be trolling. The only way this could be worse would be you blaming FoH, which I wouldn't put past the op!

Jambos_1874

They should watch a rerun and be told that is what is expected of a team playing in a game where there is nothing much at stake.

They will no doubt watch a rerun and I'm sure RN/CL will make them fully aware of what is expected of them, if they weren't already.

I was at Ibrox on Sunday and it was disappointing to see the team underperform badly and even more disappointing having to put up with endless Huns claiming that they would have won the Champions League, World Cup, Ryder Cup, Davis Cup and any other trophy going if McCall had been in charge from the first day of the season. It was a bad day at the office, nothing more. Slating the players in this way is just utterly rididculous and grossly unfair.

:cornette:

This is textbook trolling. It has to be.

It's not textbook though it's crap, just like the many other attempts at trolling on here.

It's not textbook though it's crap, just like the many other attempts at trolling on here.

I wonder if the players come on here and just think... :cornette:

Quite right bud.

We lose away to our closest rivals, having already won the league, and apparently it's the end of the world.

A totally ridiculous thread from FA, sad thing is I don't think he's trolling, he actually believes in the crap he's spouting.

Well done Palace, great result, no need for anyone to make snide and unjustified comparisons to our result yesterday.

Alan Johnson

They had actually achieved much much more than winning the second division in Scotland. They had already, against all the odds, virtually secured their place in the EPL.

Against all the odds :rofl:

They've spent well over TWENTY MILLION POUNDS on transfer fees alone this season. To think, you said the Rangers squad were overpriced.

Jambo 4 Ever

Its really sad the abuse you took over FOH turned you into this. It's not you and is just plain sad. Get a grip of yourself and stop trying to be an immature Internet troller. You really are so much better than that.

If someone else had posted that as their first post, people would be calling for the admins to ban him!

Support the team ffs

FarmerTweedy

This is a satire on the ludicrous over-reaction to Sunday's performance and result, isn't it?

Isn't it???

My son and I are season ticket holders at Palace and were there last night. Not sure you can compare Hearts with Palace. Two totally different teams (with different levels of funding!) and totally different seasons. We've only seen 5 home wins all season and some pretty awful games at times. Good result last night but it was backs to the wall for most of the game. I would love to have watched Hearts this season with their results and performances. You lads don't know how lucky you are! I pledge to FOH but would love to have a season ticket for Tynie as well! The one thing I would say is about the support - great atmosphere last night and for most of the games this season.

This thread should just be closed/deleted.

Keep it to remind everyone why internet opinions shouldnt be taken seriously.

The Treasurer

FA has plunged new depths even by his standards.

I came out of Ibrox on Sunday disappointed with as poor a performance as we've produced all season, but realising that we can't be great every week.

I came on here yesterday and half the "experts" want an entire new team because the players that have run away with the league are  "not good enough"

And now this morning yet another "expert" is saying we surrendered and should be trying to use Crystal fecking Palace as the goal we should be aiming for just because they hung on to beat a clearly out of sorts Citeh (for only their 5th home win of the season)

FA, stick to making negative comments about FoH  because your football comments are even more laughable

My son and I are season ticket holders at Palace and were there last night. Not sure you can compare Hearts with Palace. Two totally different teams (with different levels of funding!) and totally different seasons. We've only seen 5 home wins all season and some pretty awful games at times. Good result last night but it was backs to the wall for most of the game. I would love to have watched Hearts this season with their results and performances. You lads don't know how lucky you are! I pledge to FOH but would love to have a season ticket for Tynie as well! The one thing I would say is about the support - great atmosphere last night and for most of the games this season.

"Like"

Glamorgan Jambo

Well said mate.

PS Congratulations to Palace on their season. One of my best friends is a huge Palace (& Hibs) fan and I usually get to Selhurst (and the Pawsons Arms) once or twice a season.

PPS Francis - totally respect your opinions and questions but this is nonsense. And I watched the game, on telly, just like you.

loveofthegame

One of the worst OPs I've seen, given the intentions/point trying to be made by it.

**** off FA would be my response.

I disagree with alot of what Francis says in the OP but people calling for threads to be deleted or closed because they disagree with them are far more dangerous. Lots of people have given very decent responses to what he's said, and that's how you should deal with it.

Simply screaming for censorship of unpopular opinion is a worrying trend.

loveofthegame

I disagree with alot of what Francis says in the OP but people calling for threads to be deleted or closed because they disagree with them are far more dangerous. Lots of people have given very decent responses to what he's said, and that's how you should deal with it.

Simply screaming for censorship of unpopular opinion is a worrying trend.

I guess it is more down to whether you feel the thread is breaking forum rules (i.e. trolling), which I believe it is.

Trying to compare our position to that of Palace's is like trying to compare chalk and cheese. Palace will pocket millions more for finishing a few places higher in the league. Palace have players who are undoubtedly on ?30/40k+ per week. Palace have players that have been bought and sold for tens of millions of pounds. We have a squad of youngsters trying to make there way in the game, coupled with a few older guys who, in the grand scheme of football, are probably considered journeymen. They are probably on ?1-2k a week if they are lucky. They've won the league and will get nothing more (other than a bit of pride) for winning any other games this season.

Trying to compare the two games is utterly ludicrous but FA was well aware of that before he started the thread.

I guess it is more down to whether you feel the thread is breaking forum rules (i.e. trolling), which I believe it is.

Trying to compare our position to that of Palace's is like trying to compare chalk and cheese. Palace will pocket millions more for finishing a few places higher in the league. Palace have players who are undoubtedly on ?30/40k+ per week. Palace have players that have been bought and sold for tens of millions of pounds. We have a squad of youngsters trying to make there way in the game, coupled with a few older guys who, in the grand scheme of football, are probably considered journeymen. They are probably on ?1-2k a week if they are lucky. They've won the league and will get nothing more (other than a bit of pride) for winning any other games this season.

Trying to compare the two games is utterly ludicrous but FA was well aware of that before he started the thread.

With other people i'd say there's a chance it could be trolling. I don't think that's the case with FA, however. Part of what I was talking about earlier is the automatic assumption that any unpopular view is just trolling. 

Even then, it creates an unhealthy atmosphere if people are calling for members to be silenced and it's not the way to report suspected rule breaches. They should do as you've done and argue against the points made, and fwiw I agree with the points you've made. What people shouldn't do, if they think someone is trolling, is engage with the troll.

Although, i should also add that lots of people have overlooked the fact that palace are still underdogs in their league. Citing that they pay their players tens of thousands of pounds a week means little when several other clubs pay their players hundreds of thousands of pounds a week. In our respective leagues, we are closer to the man cities of the scottish championship than we are the crystal palaces. However, that's just one measure of how ourselves and palace are doing, and is pretty much where any decent analogy ends, as you explain well.

You get more money the higher up the league you finish,  in our case we cant go any higher, Palace can and im sure the players are aware of that.  Im sure come Sunday we will be up for it and RN will have told the players what is expected regardless of the fact we have already won the league

gowestjambo

Nothing wrong with the analogy FA makes. For years we were turned over regularly in Glasgow.

Sunday was one of the few occasions we have a fairly level playing field, and instead of asserting our new found mental strength, we handed them an easy victory.

It is not just about Sunday, it would have spoken volumes about our credibility as a new force - and shown teams we have lost the fear factor when playing in Glasgow.

Francis Albert

Well that went down well!

Background.

The "nothing at stake" chat, the "it doesn't matter as long as we thrash Hibs" chat and the wee team-like glee expressed by some about the prospect of Hibs missing out on revenue from Rangers next season pisses me off.

Two things really mattered this season. First and overwhelmingly foremost of course was Hearts going up.

Second was Rangers staying down.

We had a chance to marginally increase the chances of the second on Saturday and played it like a pre-season friendly.

The view that Hibs demise is the most, indeed only,  important thing for us mirrors their obsession with us.

It is probably realistic to accept that everything in Scottish football will revert to normal in a year or two. Shame though.

The Treasurer

Well that went down well!

Background.

The "nothing at stake" chat, the "it doesn't matter as long as we thrash Hibs" chat and the wee team-like glee expressed by some about the prospect of Hibs missing out on revenue from Rangers next season pisses me off.

Two things really mattered this season. First and overwhelmingly foremost of course was Hearts going up.

Second was Rangers staying down.

We had a chance to marginally increase the chances of the second on Saturday and played it like a pre-season friendly.

The view that Hibs demise is the most, indeed only,  important thing for us mirrors their obsession with us.

It is probably realistic to accept that everything in Scottish football will revert to normal in a year or two. Shame though.

You're so wide of the mark I don't know where to start.

The only thing you got right was number one priority was Hearts going up which was achieved in spectacular fashion.

A distant second to that was the chance of both h1b5 and sevco staying down, if that wasn't to be most couldn't care which of them does stay down.

By "reverting back to normal" I assume you mean the ugly sisters first and second every year. It will take a lot more time than that for sevco to come anywhere near the other arse cheek whether they go up or not this year.

Enjoying the fact that our local rivals are imploding is normal football fan behaviour, hardly what I'd call an obsession.

FA, drama queen . Quite amusing really, that people get upset at what he /she has posted

FA, drama queen . Quite amusing really, that people get upset at what he /she has posted

This. 

People foaming at the mouth every time there's a post they don't agree with.

I have FA on ignore as I couldn't take any more of his one man campaign against FoH, so I don't normally get to see much of what he posts. If this is an example of it, can I just say, thank God for the Ignore button  

I have FA on ignore as I couldn't take any more of his one man campaign against FoH, so I don't normally get to see much of what he posts. If this is an example of it, can I just say, thank God for the Ignore button

His one man campaign? Because he asks questions, or highlights certain things.

Very strange. There is no point having FoH, if you cannot do that.

Anyway, I do feel his went a bit OTT today, though he is entitled to his opinion. Although I think this, I do not by imto this meaningless game crap.

It seems people here, though, are intolerant of other people's opinions. Perhaps they best stay off the internet, if they wet their pants so easily.

Francis Albert

You're so wide of the mark I don't know where to start.

The only thing you got right was number one priority was Hearts going up which was achieved in spectacular fashion.

A distant second to that was the chance of both h1b5 and sevco staying down, if that wasn't to be most couldn't care which of them does stay down.

By "reverting back to normal" I assume you mean the ugly sisters first and second every year. It will take a lot more time than that for sevco to come anywhere near the other arse cheek whether they go up or not this year.

Enjoying the fact that our local rivals are imploding is normal football fan behaviour, hardly what I'd call an obsession.

Thanks for the reasoned response. For others, keep the simplistic personal abuse coming. It says more about you than me.

The only thing I'd take issue with here is the assertion that most of us are indifferent as to whether Rangers or Hibs come up with us. Maybe you have done a poll and maybe you are right but I would much much prefer Hibs to come up with us. (Neither of course - that goes without saying). But maybe I am in a small minority, or even alone.  For me, to quote another poster on another thread, it is about seeing the bigger picture. 

Archived