We need a Hearts man, Step forward Mr Jefferies...

Walter Bishop

Jam Tarts 1874
only choice now imo, along witH Elvis and Robbo a Jambo Dream Team. :)

I'm sure JJ would take the gig as long as he could have BB with him, Killie are going nowhere. JJ for a season or two just to sort out the wasters would I think be a good move. Maybe Billy Davies' ugly mug will pop up again, I wonder if he ever did get that 'phone call from Hearts he was begging for.

I'm not convinced that the McGhee saga is over yet, but if it is, then I agree.... JJ for the JT's.

Graham Thomson

That would do me nicely .

Rawrrrrrrr

Why 2 average managers who have done nothing for years and a completely unproven assistant

And why? simply because there hearts men

Suppose it would be another 3 legends to boo in a few years time when they fall out with romanov

crazy_jambo_2006

Yes, he finished 11th with Killie. That's Killie for goodness sake. He would do better with us. He is a legend. He is a Brit. He knows Hearts etc. I would be delighted if Hearts appointed JJ. But it probably won't happen.

---------------------------

JJ Who finished 11th

Yes thats what we need

Graham Thomson
Why 2 average managers who have done nothing for years and a completely unproven assistant

And why? simply because there hearts men

Suppose it would be another 3 legends to boo in a few years time when they fall out with romanov

What we need is team spirit, we need people who understand Hearts and the scottish game, JJ has forgotten more about football, than most of us will ever know, i think Robbo could be a first class coach, and Elvis, just starting out in his coaching career, what do we have to lose? or would you rather some unknown lithuanian came in ? just be a bit more positive, and be willing to give people a chance.

Guest BrianHamilton

I think the smart money is on it being some Lith that will reply with "how high?" when Vlad says jump. Maybe even Valdas again.

I honestly think that the only British manager that would walk into the shambles that is HMFC just now has to be a deperate man with no self-respect (similar to Frail). Jim Duffy, Andy Watson, Bobby Williamson spring to mind. That's the kind of level we're at.

Really, who are we trying to kid? McGhee??? Davies??? Jeffries??? Not a hope. We're a sinking ship and nobody will want to be the captain. Look out for the iceberg...

Geoff Kilpatrick
I think the smart money is on it being some Lith that will reply with "how high?" when Vlad says jump. Maybe even Valdas again.

I honestly think that the only British manager that would walk into the shambles that is HMFC just now has to be a deperate man with no self-respect (similar to Frail). Jim Duffy, Andy Watson, Bobby Williamson spring to mind. That's the kind of level we're at.

Really, who are we trying to kid? McGhee??? Davies??? Jeffries??? Not a hope. We're a sinking ship and nobody will want to be the captain. Look out for the iceberg...

Oh dear! You're not very good at this game are you? :hobofish:

I dought he would take the job, knowing he was secind choice , plus if it became public we were after him, and he knoked us back, we would look even more stupid.

Its all a bit of a mess.:sad:

brellierlegend

I would back JJ. As I said on another thread I reckon the new man will have to wrok on a shoestring budget and there are not many men better at that than JJ!

Guest JamboRobbo
I would back JJ. As I said on another thread I reckon the new man will have to wrok on a shoestring budget and there are not many men better at that than JJ!

Same here.

Jefferies/Pressley/Fulton and Locke would be my choice.

Great mix of personalities there.

JennyJambo
Maybe even Valdas again.

Will that be the Valdas that led us into that game we humped you lot 4-0 in? The one who then took us on to win said trophy?

The one who achieved more in a matter of weeks than any Hibs manager has for 107 years?

Thought so. :P

Jambo Oscar

Would do me nicely too but me thinks it aint going to happen :sad:

H J Simpson
Jefferies/Pressley/Fulton and Locke would be my choice.

Great mix of personalities there.

If it's personalities why not Bruce Forsyth, Ant & Dec and Jonathan Ross.

They have just as much SPL managment experience as Pressley, Fulton & Locke

Buffalo Bill

I said on the MM thread that he was my 1st choice.

I said on the Billy Davies thread that he was my second choice, but I'd now be delighted to get him.

I'll say on this thread that JJ was my fourth choice behind Craig Levein but I'd still be pleased, if only to stave off another Kaunas 'yes man'.

JJ is getting on in years, but he still has fire in his belly for Hearts, and would be a sound, two year option for me; if he was to bring on or make way for a younger man. At least we know JJ cares about HMFC; and let's not forget that he gave us the 97/98 team (as well as Gordan Petric).

As for finishing 11th with Killie, he's had them punching above their weight for five years previous. They've had a horrific season with injuries and cut-backs (plus poor form).

I'd prefer others to JJ but hell, we could a lot worse than bring him home.

Buffalo Bill

I said on the MM thread that he was my 1st choice.

I said on the Billy Davies thread that he was my second choice, but I'd now be delighted to get him.

I'll say on this thread that JJ was my fourth choice behind Craig Levein but I'd still be pleased, if only to stave off another Kaunas 'yes man'.

JJ is getting on in years, but he still has fire in his belly for Hearts, and would be a sound, two year option for me; if he was to bring on or make way for a younger man. At least we know JJ cares about HMFC; and let's not forget that he gave us the 97/98 team (as well as Gordan Petric).

As for finishing 11th with Killie, he's had them punching above their weight for five years previous. They've had a horrific season with injuries and cut-backs (plus poor form).

I'd prefer others to JJ but hell, we could a lot worse than bring him home.

Buffalo Bill

I'd agree with all of that, esp with, as suggested above a younger backroom team - Pressley, Locke, Fulton. But JJ's record against the old squirm has never been good. Would have to improve dramatically.

We all agree its not perfect but JJ seems to be the only option left and I for one think it would work... at least in the short term. At very least it would give the fans a figure that they respect and can relate too.

http://scotsport.podbean.com

Archived