Travel and passport questions

Locky

I've been an idiot. I've spent so long beating round the bush with my passport that I've just paid and sent it away today. I fly to Germany in 6 weeks as of today, and I'm led to believe that it takes 6 weeks for a first passport to arrive.

Am I screwed? I know about going through to Glasgow to have it done but I've already put it through and can't afford to lose more money.

Also, a wee travel question. I'm seriously doubtful that my mate who's meant to be coming will actually make it. I know name changes can be done but each airline appears to be different.

I'm travelling with KLM and Air France, has anybody done it before?

If it is just a renewal, it should only be a couple of week.

Unfortunately it's a completely new passport. Never had one before.

I'd guess you'd be looking at 50% refund of the ticket price. Assuming it's you that booked it, it should tell you the terms and conditions on your email confirmation that I guess you have?

If it was a flexible ticket, you should be able to login to your details on KLM/Air France's site and change any details up to 48 hours before, Though, again, check their T&C's.

Passport advice I can't help with, except to say, it'll depend on how busy they are. You're not flying in the dead of summer, so theoretically, applications should go through quite quickly. I had mine in 3 weeks when I applied a while back.

I couldn't actually tell you if its flexible or not. I'll log into my KLM account and see what's said though.

In flying with KLM however my return flight transfers in Paris and is Air France.

mrmarkus1981

I got mine back in less then two weeks last year. Provided your paperwork is in order i wouldnt worry

Where are you going in Germany?

D?sseldorf.

Couldn't find anything on my KLM account but I googled it and was redirected to their Facebook page. Someone was told there that they can't perform a name change and would have to apply for a refund should their ticket permit it.

No guarantee that I'll need to go much further than this, but I'll be raging if I have to. :lol:

Did you send the passport check and send ? as that will help speed things up

I did mate yeah.

You'll get it back in time BUT if it's your first passport an interview is required.

You'll get given date to attend interview. Just hope they've got space to get that done pretty quick.

You should be fine.

Stewie Griffin

I did mate yeah.

I'm sure you'll be fine then I know you have applied for a first passport but it only took around a week for my wife's renewal to get processed at the end of January that was sent check and send

Oh yeah, forgot about this.

A weekend away in North Berwick for you it is then. :lol:

:muggy:

Archived