WHY DO LOADS OF ASIANS HAVE CD'S HANGING FROM THEIR REAR VIEW MIRRORS?

Mr Sifter

I'm going out with the burd tonight, who has a lot of Asian pals, so I'll ask her and get back to you :)

I think they mistakingly believe that this will somehow 'fool' police speed cameras.

It doesn't work though, I've seen it tested on Discovery Channels 'Myth Busters' and it didn't do a thing.

I think they mistakingly believe that this will somehow 'fool' police speed cameras.

It doesn't work though, I've seen it tested on Discovery Channels 'Myth Busters' and it didn't do a thing.

So how come its only Asians who have them? I thought it was some sort of Muslim thing, Im sure I have seen some sort of arabic writing on them?

Might be totally wrong tho!

Jamie_the_Jambo

Its to avoid speeding tickets which is funny as its about as useful as praying you dont get one.

So how come its only Asians who have them? I thought it was some sort of Muslim thing, Im sure I have seen some sort of arabic writing on them?

Might be totally wrong tho!

I can't say I've noticed any particular race doing it.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I think he means little orange disks with a pattern or something on it.

See them quite a lot as well, feck knows what it's for though.

Era Macaroons

seen the CD thing in folks gardens used to ward off cats.....no idea if it works

jamboinheaven
seen the CD thing in folks gardens used to ward off cats.....no idea if it works

thats for the birds not cats

I think he means little orange disks with a pattern or something on it.

See them quite a lot as well, feck knows what it's for though.

Sounds like something to do with Sikhism (orange is 'their' colour but don't tell Rangers fans). I'll try to find out from a Sikh colleague later.

Era Macaroons
thats for the birds not cats

I find cheap aftershave works best for warding off the birds;)

Professor.Arturo

This is the only thing I know of that beats speed cameras (not a handheld radar gun obviously)

http://www.beatthecamera.com/

This stuff works! take my word for it.....I have been using it for over 6 months now....and yes I have been flashed by cameras several times, and heard nothing. I tried the first couple of times as a test (could have proved expensive!) a month later after hearing nothing I decided to get cocky, tried a few different cameras in the same day......that was 5 months ago :)

At only $29.99 a tin, its a bargain.

hughesie27

The picture comparison isn't actually using the spray. It's clearly just got a white box around the number plate. With extra sparkles on the badges for some reason. if it works then fair enough though. I would have tested it with my own camera first though.

Rawrrrrrrr
This is the only thing I know of that beats speed cameras (not a handheld radar gun obviously)

This stuff works! take my word for it.....I have been using it for over 6 months now....and yes I have been flashed by cameras several times, and heard nothing. I tried the first couple of times as a test (could have proved expensive!) a month later after hearing nothing I decided to get cocky, tried a few different cameras in the same day......that was 5 months ago :)

Did you not think that maybe those cameras simply didnt have film in them?

I would be very surprised if that stuff works and have heard its a complete myth

I also think anyone who buys it with the intention of speeding on a regular basis is a complete and utter arsehole:mad:

Would be careful about advocating illegal activity on a public forum ;)

Did you not think that maybe those cameras simply didnt have film in them?

I'm no genius but do you really think that in these times of digital cameras the police still rely on film cameras?

I'm no genius but do you really think that in these times of digital cameras the police still rely on film cameras?

Prancer is correct in what he said. Most speed cameras use film.

If the camera has run out of film it will still flash but does not take a picture.

Also IIRC only two cameras in the Edinburgh area are active at any time.

I have no idea if new speed cameras are digital though.

Probably the same line of thinking that had all the cockney reject Ford Capri owners hanging those spastic furry dice things.....

Malcolm Tucker
Aye, good yin. You are WELL funny

Not a Family Guy fan?

:)

Professor.Arturo
The picture comparison isn't actually using the spray. It's clearly just got a white box around the number plate. With extra sparkles on the badges for some reason. if it works then fair enough though. I would have tested it with my own camera first though.

The spray settles onto the number plate very tacky (a bit gloopy even), if you look at the plate afterward very closely you can see a lot of tiny silver sparkly things, invisible unless your very very close. Just let it dry, it wont last forever...you need to re-do it every few months.

As for using your own camera, it wont work. The flash in traffic cameras are extremely powerfull, and thats why this stuff works, because the flash is so strong......unfortunately, no matter how powerfull your camera is, it could never simulate the light from a traffic camera.

As for Prancers theory of no film being in any of those cameras, sure its possible, but highly unlikely on the number I tested.

ps. I'm not a speeding maniac, I tested them safely.

Not a Family Guy fan?

:)

Watch it now and again, can be a bit hit or a miss, but when it's funny its funny as hell!

Anyway.......I take it a joke just flew right over ma heid then?:rolleyes:

super_vlad

I think it has a prayer written on it that mulism are suppose to have and it means that god will look after you. It can be written on anything, but i reckon the tacky cd is cheaper

Malcolm Tucker
Watch it now and again, can be a bit hit or a miss, but when it's funny its funny as hell!

Anyway.......I take it a joke just flew right over ma heid then?:rolleyes:

Yes it certainly was.

Should really ask people what TV they watch before launching into jokes!

Archived