Hayfever

Jambo Oscar

Jambo Oscar

I hate this time of year - I suffer with this badly!!!! Anyone else suffer from it?:sad:

Don't get it that bad but still irritates the hell out of me as I only started to get it two years ago. My eyes and synisis just get really itchy and I sneeze a lot more.

Jambo Oscar

Its brutal having it!!! Waking up every morning with blocked nostrils, runny eyes and a sore throat :(

Doctor FinnBarr
Its brutal having it!!! Waking up every morning with blocked nostrils, runny eyes and a sore throat :(

Boots own brand anti-histamine tablets. Work great for me but not been bothered yet this year (Touch wood)!

:rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...
chester copperpot
Boots own brand anti-histamine tablets. Work great for me but not been bothered yet this year (Touch wood)!

Just thought I'd re-ignite the thread, anyone suffering majorly with it? Today is my worst day ever with it. Have taken anti histamine's, still no use, gets me really down when I have it this bad. :sad:

Any known remedies for it?

Doctor FinnBarr
Just thought I'd re-ignite the thread, anyone suffering majorly with it? Today is my worst day ever with it. Have taken anti histamine's, still no use, gets me really down when I have it this bad. :sad:

Any known remedies for it?

Told ya, Boots own brand happy tabs, I,ve been brand new. Don,t really want a sneezing fit on the bike!

:)

coppercrutch

There was a thread on this a few months ago. Someone (Thankyou stranger !!) recommended the hayfever natural remedy from glovers on William St. I got myself some and I reckon it is doing the job for me.

I have had a bit of sniffling, slightly itchy eyes and a vague rough throat but that is it. Mildy irritating but nothing more. Last couple of years it has been way way worse.

So either it is just dying down with age (As can happen) or the nameless poster is a fecking genius !!

Pop in. 50 pills for about a fiver. Start off on 6 per day and then after a week move onto twice daily.

Sorted :)

not doing it for me,so im giving the gadget you stick up your nose a go for ?20 plus a dehumidifier,today was really bad the strong wind didnt help.

I find that hayfever nasal sprays help a lot. Didn't have it too bad last year after I started using it and not really suffered from it this year yet either.

chester copperpot
Told ya, Boots own brand happy tabs, I,ve been brand new. Don,t really want a sneezing fit on the bike!

I've been suffering from sneezes all week, and its been really really bad. I've not a week like this in years.

Sawdust Caesar
So either it is just dying down with age (As can happen) or the nameless poster is a fecking genius !!

I used to suffer it really badly when I was a kid right through to my early 30s but it doesn't bother me half as much now, I'm 42. Hardly been bothered at all this year. Did feel it a wee bit today so maybe a high pollen count.

feels like i have got bricks up my nose, whats your record for continous sneezing? sure i managed 22 in a row

Usually have it really bad, nothing this year though. *Touches wood.*

I find nothing cures it, apart from staying indoors of course.

chester copperpot
Usually have it really bad, nothing this year though. *Touches wood.*

I find nothing cures it, apart from staying indoors of course.

Obviously I've still to grow out of this phase. :rolleyes:

I've been suffering from sneezes all week, and its been really really bad. I've not a week like this in years.

The last week and a half have been the worst i've suffered for many a year.

I'd been slowly but surely suffering less and less over the last say 10 - 15 years but the last 10 days have been torture.

Strangely, when i'm outdoors i'm fine. It's when i've been out and go indoors that it starts to really affect me.

chester copperpot
The last week and a half have been the worst i've suffered for many a year.

I'd been slowly but surely suffering less and less over the last say 10 - 15 years but the last 10 days have been torture.

Strangely, when i'm outdoors i'm fine. It's when i've been out and go indoors that it starts to really affect me.

Exactly like me, we must share the same affliction.

Obviously I've still to grow out of this phase. :rolleyes:

Pah, you've got about 10 years on me, I'd guess.

I'd been starting to think that I was getting away with it this year with only minor sneezes and itchy eyes...but this week's been bad. I only started getting hayfever 3 years ago as well. :mad:

coppercrutch

Glovers William St. Sorted me out and all natural too. :)

PS. So far. Fingers ****ing crossed !!

Try taking local honey - a mate of mine swears by it. He suffered really bad bouts of hay fever for years and since taking the honey the effects tailed off considerably.

Beconase

It completely clears away any nose problems caused by hayfever.

Thats what has been working for me. Touch wood still nothing so far this year which is surprising for me as I can get housebound by it.

I think coupling that with Reiki treatments seem to work (and yes ive heard it all before so dont go to the trouble).

Beconase

It completely clears away any nose problems caused by hayfever.

Aye that's what I use, wonderful stuff.

coppercrutch
My god, the gay brigade on KB show themselves.

Ooooooh i get the sniffles!;)

Eh.... you live with your bird. Now THAT is gay. ;)

chester copperpot

I agree. Gay to the highest extreme.

Guest S.U.S.S.

I agree. Gay to the highest extreme.

Aye Aye, you two have matching handbags as well?;)

Which one is the wife?

JamboFamily

Try Cetirizine Hydrochloride, not sure if you can buy them in the shops but I get them on prescription every year and they work a treat. Used to suffer really bad but since i've been on these massive difference.

Cetirizine Hydrochloride helps me but sometimes nothing works and my nose and eyes just stream constantly been suffering for about a month this year but not that bad yet, bit of my own worst enemy as I play golf but you can hardly lock yourself indoors. Wimbledon is about to start and I always seem to be bad when thats on.

chester copperpot
Aye Aye, you two have matching handbags as well?;)

Which one is the wife?

He's my bitch.

He knows it too,

monkfish1979

Loads of people seem to be suffering more than usual this year.

Almost every kid that came for a lesson today asked if I had conjunctivitis.

Hay-fever = Absolute mordor (sic)

Doctor FinnBarr
Hay fever is a prima donna illness.

It doesn't really exist.

Unless you,ve suffered....sod off k.nob!

:confused:

I P Knightley

Never, ever had it as a youngster but come the age of about 35, I started with what I thought was a summer cold.

Since then, it's got progressively worse each year. Am taking Loratidine each day (prescribed but Boots have their own brand stuff on at 2 for 1 just now). I also keep Flixonase spray handy just in case.

Since last week, when I was wanting to scratch out my own eyes 'cos of it, I got one of those filter masks for cycling. An instant hit! I turn up for work fresh as a daisy and hay-fever suffering colleagues trudge in with red eyes. ?30 for top of the range but I'd recommend for cycling or biking; I was reluctant to go down that route (a) for looking a tube and (B) for aggro with snot disposal but regret not having done so sooner.

ps. I don't know whether the mask complies with dress code at the golf club but if I can't keep the ball on the fairway, I might try out the mask!!

Doctor FinnBarr
Never, ever had it as a youngster but come the age of about 35, I started with what I thought was a summer cold.

Since then, it's got progressively worse each year. Am taking Loratidine each day (prescribed but Boots have their own brand stuff on at 2 for 1 just now). I also keep Flixonase spray handy just in case.

Since last week, when I was wanting to scratch out my own eyes 'cos of it, I got one of those filter masks for cycling. An instant hit! I turn up for work fresh as a daisy and hay-fever suffering colleagues trudge in with red eyes. ?30 for top of the range but I'd recommend for cycling or biking; I was reluctant to go down that route (a) for looking a tube and (B) for aggro with snot disposal but regret not having done so sooner.

ps. I don't know whether the mask complies with dress code at the golf club but if I can't keep the ball on the fairway, I might try out the mask!!

I have been saying for a while about the Boots own brand stuff, but mines is lessening every year. But I was chronic with it until well into my 30,s!

Try Cetirizine Hydrochloride, not sure if you can buy them in the shops...

Piriteze in the shops...started trying them this year and they do seem to help.

Dr. Bapswent

You need to find the tablets that work for you.

There are 2-3 different types.

I found that Loratadine ones do it for me, whereas others do nothing.

Try different ones, rather than just trying 1 type and expecting it to work.

coppercrutch
You need to find the tablets that work for you.

There are 2-3 different types.

I found that Loratadine ones do it for me, whereas others do nothing.

Try different ones, rather than just trying 1 type and expecting it to work.

Have you tried the Glover natural ones Dr ?

Have to say I was a little doubtful but now I am hearing of everyone else having a seriosuly bad hayfever year and mine is pretty decent so far.

I can only deduce those bad boys are doing their job. Cheap and natural. Give them a go. They told me they don't work for everyone. Some people have no impact from using them. Some it helps enourmously. Without getting too far ahead I am hoping I may be in group 2.

Dr. Bapswent
Have you tried the Glover natural ones Dr ?

Have to say I was a little doubtful but now I am hearing of everyone else having a seriosuly bad hayfever year and mine is pretty decent so far.

I can only deduce those bad boys are doing their job. Cheap and natural. Give them a go. They told me they don't work for everyone. Some people have no impact from using them. Some it helps enourmously. Without getting too far ahead I am hoping I may be in group 2.

The alternative natural remedy is to try and eat as much local produce as possible to build up an intolerance to it.

No, i havent tried them, might give them a go.

I find loratadine to do nothing for me. Same with the nasal sprays.

Cetrizine Dihydrochloride appears to do the trick for me, i get the sainsburys own brand for 95p or so. Its exactly the same as zirtex and another brand name i cant mind the name of.

So far this year i have been ok, apart from a dodgy spell in early may. My worst patch is always during wimbeldon, so if it starts to go t*ts up i will try that natural remedy guff.

I've tried so many different remedies over the year with varying results but nothing has helped the last couple of weeks. Most things I've been taking either stop the itchy eyes or the runny nose/sneezing but not both. Totally miserable half the time, and reaching double-figures in continuous sneezes on a daily basis. Might have to give the herbal stuff mentioned a go but not had much luck with similar stuff in the past.

The People's Chimp
feels like i have got bricks up my nose, whats your record for continous sneezing? sure i managed 22 in a row

Try that Sterimar stuff. It's a salt water spray for your nose, but it really helps clear out the sinuses and does help with hay fever, if you take it along with the tablets that work for you.

You can buy it in boots and it is about ?6/7.

Sawdust Caesar

Used to get prescribed Triludan which worked a treat. Don't know if it's still called that or if it is still available.

Nasal sprays just tickle my nose and make me sneeze even more.

rossthejambo

i use neoclarityn that my brother gets prescribed. 1 tablet a day and im sorted.

tried an own brand remedy once (cant remember whos own brand it was) and they gave me nose bleeds. think it may have been sainsburys but it could have been boots. anyway they were swiftly binned after 3 uses and 3 consecutive bloody noses

Archived