JKB donates ride-on mower to Hearts

brownkg

Donnie Azoff

not like kickback to derail a good news story in a manner the Italian legal system would look upon with envy

Nobody is trying to take away from the fact that donating something that hearts needed is a great thing.

Don't think there is any need to be so touchy about people discussing where the money they have donated goes?

was the new mower top of hearts list of things they need or how was it arrived at that that should be the thing to buy?

davemclaren

Nobody is trying to take away from the fact that donating something that hearts needed is a great thing.

Don't think there is any need to be so touchy about people discussing where the money they have donated goes?

was the new mower top of hearts list of things they need or how was it arrived at that that should be the thing to buy?

The admin team were having coffee together at Dobbie's one day and on the spur of the moment bought one of these. I'm cutting Robbie's front lawn with it next weekend so he's well pleased. :)

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

Don't think their is anything untoward about folk asking where their money is going and maybe having a wee bit prior knowledge.

Guest C00l K1d

The admin team were having coffee together at Dobbie's one day and on the spur of the moment bought one of these. I'm cutting Robbie's front lawn with it next weekend so he's well pleased. :)

What's with the sarcy comments when something involving decisions made by the admin/mod team are made? :laugh:

You done that when I asked who made the kickback motm/Scott Wilson making it up thing too.

Folk just want a wee bit info, I wouldn't have thought it's too much to ask.

What's with the sarcy comments when something involving decisions made by the admin/mod team are made? :laugh:

You done that when I asked who made the kickback motm/Scott Wilson making it up thing too.

It's all gone Pete tong.

hector reva

We done Kickback.A good job done.

Thats what subs are for.

davemclaren

Don't think their is anything untoward about folk asking where their money is going and maybe having a wee bit prior knowledge.

It was money that was donated to Hearts. And that's what Hearts decided to spend it on.

not like kickback to derail a good news story in a manner the Italian legal system would look upon with envy

Why not make a grown up rebuttal rather than simply sneering at people? If negativity - which is your word for an alternative opinion - was so clearly wrong it shouldn't be difficult to argue against it.

But no, just further continuation of the Pollyanna nature of this board. Happy clappers only.

Was it not a donation to Hearts community (formally Big Hearts) and the mower is used for the community pitch. The groundsman has his own for the main pitch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

davemclaren

Was it not a donation to Hearts community (formally Big Hearts) and the mower is used for the community pitch. The groundsman has his own for the main pitch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The footballing side of Big Hearts is now run by the club itself. The mower is primarily for the community pitch.

I remember Chalky telling me what a nightmare they had with the old mower (and the community pitch especially), when they were down to skeleton staff and there was nobody available to help them. This machine makes such a difference.

Not all green things are bad, apparently.... ;)

The People's Chimp

I think it's great that this has been given to the club - more so that it's primarily for the community pitch. The decision makers should have put all the info about it into the first post though, to give JKB more credit - it was what the club wanted, it's for the community pitch, the last mower was a nightmare and so on, meaning everyone would really understand the value of the contribution made by the members. 

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Well done JKB, coming up trumps again.

Is there another football forum around as great as this wonderful place. I doubt it !!

ksss.gif

Kalamazoo Jambo

I think it's great that this has been given to the club - more so that it's primarily for the community pitch. The decision makers should have put all the info about it into the first post though, to give JKB more credit - it was what the club wanted, it's for the community pitch, the last mower was a nightmare and so on, meaning everyone would really understand the value of the contribution made by the members.

Fair feedback - thanks :thumbsup:

It was money that was donated to Hearts. And that's what Hearts decided to spend it on.

Could we not have just said that from the outset? :rolleyes:

Could we not have just said that from the outset? :rolleyes:

Alternatively, people could have avoided getting upset or getting their knickers in a twist.

Alternatively, people could have avoided getting upset or getting their knickers in a twist.

They probably would have avoided getting upset or getting their knickers in a twist, if it was outlined at the beginning. :thumbsup:

Donnie Azoff

Still interested to know how much it cost if anyone knows and can answer without adding some snide rubbish about dobbies and Italian legal system...

Still interested to know how much it cost if anyone knows and can answer without adding some snide rubbish about dobbies and Italian legal system...

looks Second Hand but a new one is gonna cost ?22k ish after discount

Jeez paid members pay ?5-?20 a year which works out at between 1-5 pence a day. Registered users pay ...well nothing as I understand. like I said earlier obstifucation and contramaciousness r us

After paying for the upkeep of the board the rest of the money should be for the owners to spend as they want.

They give profits to the club and charity when they don't have to.

There is nothing to complain about here.

Guest C00l K1d

Jeez paid members pay ?5-?20 a year which works out at between 1-5 pence a day. Registered users pay ...well nothing as I understand. like I said earlier obstifucation and contramaciousness r us

It doesn't matter how much you pay.

It's still our money we are giving so there needs to be some sort of transparency.  Which there has been, apart from how much was donated to Hearts for them to pay for the lawnmower.

Bungalow Bill

Wasn't being used when I was on the stadium tour on Friday. Groundsman was using the push along mower!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which I'm glad they did, I like the fact it went on something specific, especially a physical item. Gives us something we can say "Yeah, we were a part of that" rather than it just going into general Hearts running costs.

Which I'm glad they did, I like the fact it went on something specific, especially a physical item. Gives us something we can say "Yeah, we were a part of that" rather than it just going into general Hearts running costs.

Good point

JohnnyPunter

Hi guys

Just a quick and sincere thank you to everyone at JKB for their continued support and for providing the resource to purchase the new mower.

We've christened it the ''Gorgie Maseratti' and it also now has the JKB branding on the front. It's already doing a great job on the community pitch and I'm certain, when the grass starts growing again, that a huge number of kids that attend our community courses will relish playing on a great surface.

The first team use the area for warm ups as well so it's helping support football from grassroots all the way through to champions at Tynecastle. The kids that take part in the Jambos Kickback Halftime Heroes also make good use of the pitch prematch

Thanks for making such a positive difference :-)

@ch4lkster

#HHGH

It doesn't matter because it's not that much money? It's other people's money, but you're incapable of answering perfectly valid questions in a polite manner because it's not very much money. You're happy to take the plaudits and glad hand folk at hearts and stroke your own ego, but when people who put their money in ask simple questions you have a go at them.

That's pathetic. You'd rather label people and put them down than actually deal with them like a human being. If you're the sort of person who's had dealings running this site then i'm not surprised in the slightest.

Cardiac Rucksack

Perhaps the club as a financially sound business already in receipt of hundreds of thousands of supporters money should be paying for these sorts of things and kickback should start helping more "in need" charities

Perhaps the club as a financially sound business already in receipt of hundreds of thousands of supporters money should be paying for these sorts of things and kickback should start helping more "in need" charities

Getting your photo taken with some poor sod in a food-bank probably isn't as glamorous as sitting on a tractor on the hallowed turf.

Cardiac Rucksack

Getting your photo taken with some poor sod in a food-bank probably isn't as glamorous as sitting on a tractor on the hallowed turf.

Unlikely to have a hospitality section I'd imagine.

It seems to be really appreciated and does a great job apparently. Even Robbie has the occasional shot on it. :)

Get him on it for a grand entrance against Alloa :thumbsup:

davemclaren

At least the club were pleased with it.

Hi guys

Just a quick and sincere thank you to everyone at JKB for their continued support and for providing the resource to purchase the new mower.

We've christened it the ''Gorgie Maseratti' and it also now has the JKB branding on the front. It's already doing a great job on the community pitch and I'm certain, when the grass starts growing again, that a huge number of kids that attend our community courses will relish playing on a great surface.

The first team use the area for warm ups as well so it's helping support football from grassroots all the way through to champions at Tynecastle. The kids that take part in the Jambos Kickback Halftime Heroes also make good use of the pitch prematch

Thanks for making such a positive difference :-)

@ch4lkster
#HHGH

Cheers. At least someone is happy with the mower. :)

Archived