Under the Skin (2013 Film)

Martin_T

Has anyone else seen this? Really enjoyed watching it this afternoon. Haunting, disturbing and memorable. Plus a starkers (repeatedly) Scarlett Johansson for the more shallow minded viewer. The 2012 Hibs cup final strip even makes a cameo appearance.

Say What Again

Still haven't gotten round to watching this since I saw it in one of those '5 films that slipped under your radar' type articles.

I'll catch it one day.

Still haven't gotten round to watching this since I saw it in one of those '5 films that slipped under your radar' type articles.

I'll catch it one day.

The way it was filmed is quite unique. Johansson is the only professional actor, everyone else who appears is either a member of the public or in the case of Jeremy McWilliams a professional motorcyclist. Hidden cameras were used to capture most of the conversational scenes. It's not for everyone, dialogue is very sparse and it's not an easy watch, but definitely worth experiencing.

Carl Weathers

I thought it was pretty bad other than the obvious great scenes.

Certainly unique but just wasn't for me.

Filming was based in my work. :pinilla:

Bumped in to ms johannson a few times :pinilla:

Accidently told her to "shut the ******* door as there's loads of junkies in the area" :sob:

Edit. No pinigol? Sad times.

It's been critically devisive as well, seems to review as either 5/5 or 1/5. I really enjoyed it.

Probably the worst film I've ever watched all the way through.

It started poorly, the middle was shit and the less said about the ending, the better.

Awful stuff.

One of the worst films I've ever seen. It shows how low my opinion of it is that ever a Hibs fan dying didn't save it

Utter shite.

One of my top ten films of last year. Fantastic cinematography and soundtrack. Not everyone's cup of tea but I thought it was brilliant.

Say What Again

One of the worst films I've ever seen. It shows how low my opinion of it is that ever a Hibs fan dying didn't save it

:rofl:

tartofmidlothian

Brilliant film, really eerie.

Very arthouse though, I can see why that's not to everyone's taste. Oh well.

i thought it was very well done and sort-of poetic, but a bit flawed. interesting, substantial subject matter, dealt with in an extremely original way. very effective score, and great performance from johannson. it just felt like the constituent parts didn't add up together in a way that suspended disbelief as well as one might hope, so i can totally see how many people would loose interest quickly and not find a way back in.

rudi must stay

The opening scene, 7 minutes of two lines coming together was enough for me. Artistic nonsense

If not for a constantly naked Scarlet Johansson if wouldn't have watched it through.

It was really well shot and unique but it was obvious early on that it wasn't going anywhere.

Archived