Who to sign??

jambonian

Who do other fans want to see coming in during the summer?, I think we should be looking within our own leagues for players with promising potential. I'm sick of the Biggot Brothers snapping up players like Scott McDonald, Barry Robson, Kris Boyd and Steven Naismith ahead of us. How about Ross McCormack, Chris Porter and Mark Reynolds from Motherwell, Noel Hunt, Willo Flood and Morgaro Gomis from Dundee Utd (shame Kristian Kalvanes has gone, could've done with a decent left-back!) Barry Nicholson at Aberdeen, Darren Barr and Scott Arfield at Falkirk, Marius Niculae at Inverness, even McDonald at Dundee, Andy Jackson at St Johnstone and Richard Offiong at Hamilton? Finally, what about Luke Steele, the goalie at Barnsley?

Luke Steele only just signed on permanently from West Brom so I doubt we'd be signing him.

peebles jambo

i think, if MM takes the job, he'll probably have a few players in mind. hopefully

Who do other fans want to see coming in during the summer?, I think we should be looking within our own leagues for players with promising potential. I'm sick of the Biggot Brothers snapping up players like Scott McDonald, Barry Robson, Kris Boyd and Steven Naismith ahead of us. How about Ross McCormack, Chris Porter and Mark Reynolds from Motherwell, Noel Hunt, Willo Flood and Morgaro Gomis from Dundee Utd (shame Kristian Kalvanes has gone, could've done with a decent left-back!) Barry Nicholson at Aberdeen, Darren Barr and Scott Arfield at Falkirk, Marius Niculae at Inverness, even McDonald at Dundee, Andy Jackson at St Johnstone and Richard Offiong at Hamilton? Finally, what about Luke Steele, the goalie at Barnsley?

To be honest I hope were looking for a better standard than some of the dross you mentioned:cool:

To be honest I hope were looking for a better standard than some of the dross you mentioned:cool:

All of them except Jackson and Offiong could walk into our team, IMO.

Football is all about opinion,but as I said...im looking for a better standard than that!

letsalllaughathobos

i think the dundee utd keeper wouldnt be a bad signing their first choice keeper cant mind his name.

bobsajambo1

Let's get a Manager first ?

LarrysRightFoot

IF McGhee or any other 'proper' manager ala Jefferies gets the job they will realise/know the squad needs to be drastically overhauled. Not only that it needs to be greatly reduced in terms of numbers and hugley increased in terms of quality and especially commitment.

Almost every position would be up for grabs IMO.

Firstly a new manager, as all good ones do, would need to build from the back and that means a new keeper! I would love Niemi back but I cannot see it even though he would probably join for a similar wage to that Basso is on? Outwith Niemi who would be realistic? Brown at Celtic? Not sure about him but maybe? Ex United keeper Szmatulski? looked good at United. Smith from Motherwell if McGhee comes? He has never looked overly impressive to me to be honest. The guy from PSG - would add experience but do we want another Basso on our hands? Or is he another Rousset?

Anyway back to my point a new manager will have to overhaul almost the entire first team squad IMO and has to start with the defence especially as Tall has already gone, Goncalves will probably go as well and Rangers being linked with Wallace.

would like to see jamie smith from aberdeen.he's out of contract scores goals takes players on and not to bad at free kicks, a wee bit injury prone so he should fit in nicely.

I would like to see more in the Skacel,Bednar and Takis range..after all we had never heard of them!

More of the same would do nicely:)

HMFCjamieHMFC
IF McGhee or any other 'proper' manager ala Jefferies gets the job they will realise/know the squad needs to be drastically overhauled. Not only that it needs to be greatly reduced in terms of numbers and hugley increased in terms of quality and especially commitment.

Almost every position would be up for grabs IMO.

Firstly a new manager, as all good ones do, would need to build from the back and that means a new keeper! I would love Niemi back but I cannot see it even though he would probably join for a similar wage to that Basso is on? Outwith Niemi who would be realistic? Brown at Celtic? Not sure about him but maybe? Ex United keeper Szmatulski? looked good at United. Smith from Motherwell if McGhee comes? He has never looked overly impressive to me to be honest. The guy from PSG - would add experience but do we want another Basso on our hands? Or is he another Rousset?

Anyway back to my point a new manager will have to overhaul almost the entire first team squad IMO and has to start with the defence especially as Tall has already gone, Goncalves will probably go as well and Rangers being linked with Wallace.

Szamatulski signed for preston

I would like to see more in the Skacel,Bednar and Takis range..after all we had never heard of them!

More of the same would do nicely:)

Takis was not an unknown he was the best player by a country mile when Greece won Euro 2004.

Offiong, Mole or Elliott? Offiong for me.

letsalllaughathobos

i think this season we must get the mix right from older players to younger ones something that no manager/coach last season gave a monkeys about lets hope whoever comes in has half a football minded brain. also something that was lacking last season.

i think the dundee utd keeper wouldnt be a bad signing their first choice keeper cant mind his name.

Zaluska?

if thats the right one im thinking of. He is decent.

letsalllaughathobos
Zaluska?

if thats the right one im thinking of. He is decent.

yep zaluska hes only 25/26 good keeper ideal fir the jambos

Takis was not an unknown he was the best player by a country mile when Greece won Euro 2004.

So you disagree then:confused:

Watched the Euro championships when Greece won and had still never heard of him,maybe you remember it through Jambo tinted glasses;)

So you disagree then:confused:

Watched the Euro championships when Greece won and had still never heard of him,maybe you remember it through Jambo tinted glasses;)

was thinking the same thing mate. Takis was a fantastic player but. "best player in the euros... by a country mile" ...steady on!

Rawrrrrrrr

Huckerby - Prob highish wages but free and could do a job for a year or two

Kevin McDonald - Excellent prospect

Jamie McArthur - See above

Scott Robertson - Talented Midfielder on a Free

Iain Turner - Cant see another year in the Everton Reserves Appealing

Neil Ardley - Welsh Right Back attracting Premiership Interest

Gary Teale- Available and could do a job in the SPL

Stephen Pearson - As Above

Ross Wallace- Transfer listed and looked very good in the EPL before his injury

Richard Wright - Decent keeper, surely cant still be maintaining EPL wages after 5 years of doing nothing

Nigel Quashie - Probably a bit too ambitous

Think some of the above could be very good acquisitions, the problem is we surely need to move people on first and I cant see there being many takers

HMFCjamieHMFC
Then was released.

i never knew that would be a good signing if we could get him

Are they any worse than the ones been linked? Steven Thomson, Buscher from Gretna, some 35yr old french goalie, Mark Kerr(we've enough defensive midfielders thanks) to name a few? I actually agree with you, we should be looking for even better players but ask some fans of the other clubs who they rate in their team. The point was their are players out there that could do a better job (or certainly do no worse)than some of the players we've been watching the last 2 years, and lets not forget that MadVlad's trying to cut the wage bill so it's either players that can do a job or more of the same,i.e Ivaskevicius, Pilibaitis, Elliot, Mole, Ksanavicius,Beniusis. Sadly, that's the choice we have.

Russell Anderson!? Jeezo! Darren Barr..yes and Mark Reynolds at Motherwell too although I think one of the Biggot Brothers are looking at him.

Archived