What odds were given on Hearts winning this league?

GlasgoJambo

GlasgoJambo

I very rarely gamble. I dont know much about betting but I understand the bookies tend to get it right most of the time. However, am I right in thinking Rangers were clear favourites this season - also Hearts and Hibs were given pretty much the same odds as each other?

What were the best odds offered on Hearts and who got money on?

Did the bookies get it wrong this time?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I thought I read Kris Boyd was odds on to be top scorer. 24 players have scored more than him. :lol:

I thought I read Kris Boyd was odds on to be top scorer. 24 players have scored more than him. :lol:

:D

I did look at the odds pre-season, but we weren't that good a price so I ducked it. Less than 2/1 iirc?

But yes - the Rangers were clear favourites.

Shoulda known better? 

GlasgoJambo

I did look at the odds pre-season, but we weren't that good a price so I ducked it. Less than 2/1 iirc?

But yes - the Rangers were clear favourites.

Shoulda known better?

Cheers for that - I was thinking it was a lot more spectacular.

Francis Albert

Think we were priced at 7/2 for the majority of summer.

Simply reflecting the fact that there are a lot more Rangers fans than Hearts fans.

The respective odds of Hearts and Hibs would be more interesting but I suspect followed the same principle.

I put ?50 on us at 3/1! That was on the 9th August! Could have got slightly better odds online, but thought there would be something more satisfying about keeping that slip for the season!

OOt ma heed wi drink/ but if i think this is the threed i think it is then i put ?100 on the famous at 7/2 and will get back ?450.S/T sorted. that will do for me. HHGH.

I bet ?50 at 4/1 before the season started,then stuck another ?50 at 11/8 at the start of September,waiting on Paddypower paying out.

OOt ma heed wi drink/ but if i think this is the threed i think it is then i put ?100 on the famous at 7/2 and will get back ?450.S/T sorted. that will do for me. HHGH.

Well done mate. Wish I'd done the same now tbh!

Enjoy this post when you wake up tomorrow afternoon and discover we're champions!

Gorgie_Rules

iirc we were 4/1 most of the summer, Rangers around evens. After beating them at Ibrox we came in to about 9/4 and odds have been cut every week since, except for when we lost to Falkirk they marginally changed say, 1/25 to 1/20

iirc we were 4/1 most of the summer, Rangers around evens. After beating them at Ibrox we came in to about 9/4 and odds have been cut every week since, except for when we lost to Falkirk they marginally changed say, 1/25 to 1/20

Sounds about right, maybe this is what I was thinking of when I said about 2/1.

Last bet on us I saw was 100/1 on - how many deluded Hobos went for that? Or even more deluded Huns?

Put ?40 on at 7/2.....had to pay for the party somehow

Had ?10 on Osman Sow as top goalscorer at 25/1....that was a good bet until his injury.

Put ?40 on at 7/2.....had to pay for the party somehow

Had ?10 on Osman Sow as top goalscorer at 25/1....that was a good bet until his injury.

Still a good bet mate. After the flag's been SOWn up, we're going 3-2-5 don't you know?

6-3 every game, nap! :D

lauriesrank

I have a score on Hearts @7/2 (before a ball was kicked) so I'd assume the best (if you shopped) would've been maybe 4/1.

Incidentally, Hearts were also 7/2 to beat the rangers first game of the season which I had a wee fiver on too! :)

I put ?51 on us before the season started at 7/2.

Rangers were clear favourites. Hibs were 11/2.

Feed The Goat

Got 3/1 week before season started n 11/8 on Chelsea ?20 double. Chucked ?50 on us as a single as well so looking good

You dont seem to be able to get any betting odds anymore on oddschecker for us to win it ..................why is that

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/scottish/championship/winner

Because all bookies will have suspended the market (they see no other result than Hearts winning it now). Would you take a bet on a football match with a team 8-0 up and two minutes to go? You wouldn't even lay 1/100,000!

Sure it was as big as 9/2 but not with the high street bookies.. 7/2 was about the norm

I was going to stick 100 quid on a Hearts and Chelsea double to win both leagues.

Opted to spend it on beer in Berlin instead. Gutted.

Hearts 3/1

Chelsea 15/8

Real Madrid 5/6

Dunfermline 10/11

Placed that a few days before the opener, remember thinking the odds were pretty generous.

Dunfermline though :vrface:

Benny Factor

Sure it was as big as 9/2 but not with the high street bookies.. 7/2 was about the norm

9/2 was the biggest price on Oddschecker before the season started.

Alan Johnson

I got 3/1 AFTER the game at Ibrox with bet365, so we must have been higher than that in pre-season.

Jamboman1512

I got 4/1 just before the start of the season with bet365.

I've got 125 each way at 7/2. Should have been 250 on the nose but william hill wouldn't let me. Well not online anyway

Rangers were around 4/11. The biggest price I saw for Hearts was 4/1. Hibs were bigger.

I got evens Hearts without Rangers the week before the start of the season. Ladbrokes were offering this price.

Archived