the americana or clouds?

boy_in_maroon

boy_in_maroon

what was your want of a dance-disco (for the older generation) during the

1970s? it was the Americana for me :)

what was yours???:dribble::dribble:

blondejamtart

I'd have to plump for Clouds as that's where my other half and I went on our first "date" - and all these years (and two kids!) later, we're still going strong. :wub:

West End Club for me, before it turned into the Fire Island homo club.

Boaby Prentice

Bobby McGee's

Dirty Wimin

Beer

and

A great pin ball machine.

Those were the days!!!!

davemclaren

West End club on a Thursday night was my most regular haunt. Also Valentinos occasionally.... :)

davemclaren
West End club on a Thursday night was my most regular haunt. Also Valentinos occasionally.... :)

I also recall attending the Royal Mile club which was above the pancake shop in 78/79 IIRC. :cool:

2nd time around for this thread.Top Floor Clouds for me and the all-nighters.(Valentinos and Flannigans for better class of burd tho).Sunday all-dayers at Tiffs.Most Sundays were spent at The Drummohr in the mid-seventies(Good crowd from East Edinburgh,Muss DalkeithTranent and as far as Dunbar)When I was an apprentice in the pit Fridays a Miners Welfare somewhere in Midlothian .Great talent and VG bands and they almost gave the drink away!!!!!

My mate and I were discouraged from going into the Americano one night cos we looked too old. We were 21 at the time!!!!!!

Midloth_Iain

80's kid so was Zenatec / Outer Limits / Reflections kind of guy.:cool:

Glamorgan Jambo

Nicky Tams/ The Place on Victoria Street. Is that whats now called the Liquid Rooms?

Clouds , Bobby Mcgees and the west end club. Went to Americana once, never seen a fight like it, bodies every where. never went back

Nicky Tams/ The Place on Victoria Street. Is that whats now called the Liquid Rooms?

Nah - Espionage.

jambovambo

Saw Argent (no Colin Blunstone though) in the Americana - superb.

Skipped school for the Radio One Club, in Clouds (DLT ... aargh, and Scottish band called the Dream Police incl. Hamish Stuart, who went on to AWB) ...

The Dream Police covered While My Guitar Gently Weeps ... a recent song by a popular beat combo of the time ...

Gatsby's followed by Annabels or Clouds. Also went to the Cat's Pyjamas at Abbeyhill quite alot! Cinderella's on a few occasions too!

Archived