Interesting McGhee article from September

Frank Sidebottom

http://www.sundayherald.com/search/display.var.1724187.0.whos_the_boss.php

Seems to me McGhee would have no problem working for Hearts as long as certain guarantees are made

Very interesting article that makes you think MM will not hold anyone to ransom and would have some come and go with regards to the whole setup. Might just mean landing him is a bit easier than some are prediciting.

You can see why Vlad has waitied for his man!

vegas-voss

It's a very well written article and he comes across as a pretty sussed up guy.Not really your usual manager ex manager type column.

Looks to me as though McGhee will definitely come but only if Vlad promises to keep his nose OUT.

If McGhee doesn't sign then we all know why.

McGhee would never have been my first choice but this article displays a common-sense, realistic understanding of management. The paymaster and the manager working together in harmony for the betterment of the club: not an autocratic owner nor a manager with this fictional full control but yes the manager should (except in agreed circumstances) have the say in team selection.

john brownlee

Now that MM excepts some level of intervention, will the usual suspects regard MM as not being a proper manager and is not in full control.

Have your cake and eat it springs to mind

I would always expect some input from the owner, I mean after all its his club and he pays the wages. Its a pity that some people will just never accept that it goes on, it does in every other aspect of life, so why not in football

Now maybe we can get that monkey of our back and get back to supporting Hearts instead of continually rubbishing our great saviour, Looking forward to next season with a bit of luck a trophy and euro qualification

Come on the mighty JTs

Support The Hearts, the management, the staff, the players and of course the owner

Now that MM excepts some level of intervention, will the usual suspects regard MM as not being a proper manager and is not in full control.

I would always expect some input from the owner, I mean after all its his club and he pays the wages. Its a pity that some people will just never accept that it goes on, it does in every other aspect of life, so why not in football

Now maybe we can get that monkey of our back and get back to supporting Hearts instead of continually rubbishing our great saviour, Looking forward to next season with a bit of luck a trophy and euro qualification

Come on the mighty JTs

Support The Hearts, the management, the staff, the players and of course the owner

Well said.

flecktimus

Come on the mighty JTs

Sorry but cannot accept your above statement. We all know that chairman interfere and want there say.

Eg -Nakamura (sorry if the spelling wrong) This is financial.

Whats been happening at HMFC has gone beyond acceptable interference and to have a go at HMFC fans for bringing this to or owners attention is laughable.

colinmaroon

That's a good spot!!!

I am more encouraged by that than even the 'positive' stuff in the press just now!

"In order to protect their investments these proprietors - Vladimir Romanov and Roman Abramovich are the most prominent examples, although there are others too - are adopting a hands-on approach which assures accountability at all levels and in all departments of a modern football club."

That, IMO, addresses the key issue for the breakdown between George Burley and Romanov. GB wanted the old way of complete autononmy in everything to do with the football side, and resented having to explain, for example, why he was picking Jules! He made that point!!!

That's fair enough, and if you won't accept it, then don't accept/stay in a job where that is expected of you.

It seems to me that MM has no such qualms, and I believe he's savvy enough, articulate enough, and brave enough, to work under what most executive managers in business have to work under - i.e. justifying your decisions, especially when they are not exactly what the "boss" reckons is what should be done.

Guest JamboRobbo

That's fair enough, and if you won't accept it, then don't accept/stay in a job where that is expected of you.

It seems to me that MM has no such qualms, and I believe he's savvy enough, articulate enough, and brave enough, to work under what most executive managers in business have to work under - i.e. justifying your decisions, especially when they are not exactly what the "boss" reckons is what should be done.

That is fair enough Colin, if that is as far as it goes.

As soon as Vlad oversteps the mark and tells the manager who he has to play and who not to play rather than just questioning and asking for justification of decisions, thats too far, and is the root of our current situation.

Come on the mighty JTs

Lets hope so.

Hans von Luck

Come on the mighty JTs

Well said however still too many doom and gloom merchants following or supposed to be following HMFC.

I for one will wait to see if MM does take the job.

based on everything I've seen and read from him, I firmly believe that if he is the new manager, then there will e no problems provided VLad sticks to what ever they agree.

As usual, the press will be in a frenzy wanting to know what the terms of reference will be. I hope (if it;s MM) that at the press conf, he invites the press to ask him once and once only and then we get on with being Hearts FC.

Felling pretty positive at the minute so here's hoping.

I for one will wait to see if MM does take the job.

based on everything I've seen and read from him, I firmly believe that if he is the new manager, then there will e no problems provided VLad sticks to what ever they agree.

As usual, the press will be in a frenzy wanting to know what the terms of reference will be. I hope (if it;s MM) that at the press conf, he invites the press to ask him once and once only and then we get on with being Hearts FC.

Felling pretty positive at the minute so here's hoping.

He could ask the Press if they have full control over their articles or if the owner (or even David Murray) sets the agenda as to what is/is not printed. That would shut them up for a long time.

Jambotommy

Brilliant find Frank.

I'm wondering if this was posted around january, to Kaunas ?

I'm much more confident that we will land our man after reading that.

Archived