Have we got another option if McGhee doesn't come ?

vegas-voss

vegas-voss

Or is this all or nothing from Hearts.The quotes from todays Record have me thinking that it's not quite the done deal others seem to think,although i realise that what McGhee's words are a great bargaining tool for him to get the best salary he can.I just can't shake the little niggles i have over this deal and im now beginning to hope we have other options if this does not go through.

Or is this all or nothing from Hearts.The quotes from todays Record have me thinking that it's not quite the done deal others seem to think,although i realise that what McGhee's words are a great bargaining tool for him to get the best salary he can.I just can't shake the little niggles i have over this deal and im now beginning to hope we have other options if this does not go through.

No.

I alluded to this on the MM thread that Hearts had put all their eggs in 1 basket with MM. He has been our only target for months.

Although i am 99.99% confident he is coming (in fact I think it's all been agreed and this is merely the changeover process we are witnessing) - I would begin to panic big style if he didn't come.

Not worth thinking about.

vegas-voss
No.

I alluded to this on the MM thread that Hearts had put all their eggs in 1 basket with MM. He has been our only target for months.

Although i am 99.99% confident he is coming (in fact I think it's all been agreed and this is merely the changeover process we are witnessing) - I would begin to panic big style if he didn't come.

Well im glad your confident.With Hearts being Hearts im still a little guarded.

Pretty sure a call to JJ would result in a fast black screaming into Tynie 2 minutes later, he would probably bring one of his own scarves.

Well im glad your confident.With Hearts being Hearts im still a little guarded.

I know what you mean.

Unfortunately if nothing happens over the next 48 hours then i think MM is away on holiday so it could be another 2 weeks for things are finally settled.

Christ.

The Old Tolbooth

After hearing donkeys statement on Talk107 this morning, I would say that MM is almost certain to join us ;)

No.

If this is the strategy then it another example of utter, utter stupidity and incompetence by the club. No doubt if it does collapse we'll have to endure another 6 month 'search'.

As someone has already said, if we can't get McGhee, get straight on the blower to Jim Jefferies, he'd take the job without question.

After hearing donkeys statement on Talk107 this morning, I would say that MM is almost certain to join us ;)

What statement was made??

Guys, it has been mentioned before they had a 'short-list' so it would be a sensible assumption to make if MM does say no we turn to number 2 on that list.

Unles of course it was a really short-list and only had one name on it!!

scott herbertson

Perhaps as Billy Davies seems to have gone nowhere he is option B?

Hagar the Horrible

I think it is already a done deal, otherwise why wait till now to get him, if there was no chance then we would have gone for CL or JJ.

I believe Hearts, Motherwell and MM are just going through the motions as per any transfer of a Manager, so Motherwell can save face and at least look like to their own that they fought hard to keep him? However i think this farce has already been played out months ago behind closed doors?:)

Now then that's not to say there could not be a last minute hitch and the deal falls through and in that case we will revert to plan B:

Another former soviet block stereotype who's last name end on an "OV"!:mad:

Marmeladent?rtchen

In short if McGhee's does not join us due to certian contract conditions due to in getting assurances on team selection etc. I would worry.

If he does not agree I think it would be hard to target anyone else as it would mean there are hidden clauses.

If vlad wants another 'YES MAN' I don?t want him paid ?350k for the pleasure.

Big Moysey

Don't think there is anything to worry about over MM not being manager. I understand that the only delay is down to MM wanting Scott Leitch but MFC digging in saying no way is he going as well.

jack D and coke

I'm not 100% certain romanov is really trying to get him anyway. Wouldn't be like him to yank our chains so we all renew our season books now would it. I cant and wont believe a word of it until mcghee is holding the scarf above his head then starts making his own judgements ie emptying the keek out of the squad and making signing's of his own. If we do appoint him i'll be amazed if if lasts past christmas never mind the season. I wont be able to relax about it for a right while. I've just got this nagging doubt he's taking us for mugs again.

hearts 4 the cup
I'm not 100% certain romanov is really trying to get him anyway. Wouldn't be like him to yank our chains so we all renew our season books now would it. I cant and wont believe a word of it until mcghee is holding the scarf above his head then starts making his own judgements ie emptying the keek out of the squad and making signing's of his own. If we do appoint him i'll be amazed if if lasts past christmas never mind the season. I wont be able to relax about it for a right while. I've just got this nagging doubt he's taking us for mugs again.

if this is the case then i think we would see the likes of CO leave too. if VR is 'yanking' our chains he's also yanking theirs too as i'm led to believe CO has been heading our hunt for the new manager.

i actually have faith that MM will be our new manager and that VR has realised that his way wasn't working and to be a success in the SPL you need the relative experience/knowledge.

If this is the strategy then it another example of utter, utter stupidity and incompetence by the club. No doubt if it does collapse we'll have to endure another 6 month 'search'.

As someone has already said, if we can't get McGhee, get straight on the blower to Jim Jefferies, he'd take the job without question.

MT

I honestly believe that for the first time in 2 years Hearts have went about their business in a proper and correct manner. Let's hope it lasts.

Will people refuse to believe it if MM didnt hold a scarf?

It'd be a good laugh having him hold something like one of those big watch wall clocks, or an egg cup.

Will people refuse to believe it if MM didnt hold a scarf?

It'd be a good laugh having him hold something like one of those big watch wall clocks, or an egg cup.

If its a Hearts wall clock or egg cup then I'll believe it.

Anything less and you can bolt.

If its a Hearts wall clock or egg cup then I'll believe it.

Anything less and you can bolt.

Pillow case?

Roman Romanov?

Heart of MIdlothian Football Club Official Chainsaw.

:laugh:

He can borrow mine if he wants :cool:

jack D and coke
if this is the case then i think we would see the likes of CO leave too. if VR is 'yanking' our chains he's also yanking theirs too as i'm led to believe CO has been heading our hunt for the new manager.

i actually have faith that MM will be our new manager and that VR has realised that his way wasn't working and to be a success in the SPL you need the relative experience/knowledge.

So you actually believe that vlad will just accept that his way wasn't working and now he's going to hand over all the responsibility? Do you really believe that? Christ he's even lied in the last few months but now suddenly everyone thinks he's a changed man. He needs your season ticket money so he's telling us what we want to hear. I wouldn't trust him as far as i could kick him. Even if there's some manager stupid enough to take his word for it it'll be over too soon with him claiming some pish or other about it not working. He's an absolute t*t.

Dougie Masterton
No.

Your wrong mate, the club have been talking to one other just in case.

Geoff Kilpatrick
So you actually believe that vlad will just accept that his way wasn't working and now he's going to hand over all the responsibility? Do you really believe that? Christ he's even lied in the last few months but now suddenly everyone thinks he's a changed man. He needs your season ticket money so he's telling us what we want to hear. I wouldn't trust him as far as i could kick him. Even if there's some manager stupid enough to take his word for it it'll be over too soon with him claiming some pish or other about it not working. He's an absolute t*t.

It's understandable why people will say that but if McGhee is appointed, Vlad is in the last chance saloon. A Burleyesque sacking would lead to open revolt.

24 th June

It better feckin not be the 24th of June, we've waited the best part of 6 months already without another month's wait.:mad:

It better feckin not be the 24th of June, we've waited the best part of 6 months already without another month's wait.:mad:

Hardly the strongest source in the world Martin :)

Ivan Drago

ignore him. this is the poster who tried to convince everyone Berti Vogts was getting the job.

ignore him. this is the poster who tried to convince everyone Berti Vogts was getting the job.

:rofl:

Exactly.

Who else do you believe we have spoken to?

I know CM said there was a Plan A B & C - but I was told that everything geared on Plan A happening. The point I was trying to make is that Hearts were v.confident of getting McGHEE and he remained their only target at this time.

I did hear tenative talks were held with a.n.other a wee while ago but they did not progress past the courtesy stage.

Althought Talk107 were saying Mwell had agreed to McGHEE holding talks - BBC Scotland news at 2pm quoted Boyle saying nothing had change and no permission had been granted. :mad:

Hagar the Horrible

Things just dont add up

How can MM be right now on a flight to Vinius to hold talks with Vlad given that Mwell still have not officially confirmed he has been allowed to hold talks? and if they have how did he manage to get a flight so soon? I have been trying as a test and struggling? so it must have been booked well in advance????????????:confused:

This all smells of white lies to keep Motherwell & Hearts Fans happy and the Media at bay?:rolleyes:

Things just dont add up

How can MM be right now on a flight to Vinius to hold talks with Vlad given that Mwell still have not officially confirmed he has been allowed to hold talks? and if they have how did he manage to get a flight so soon? I have been trying as a test and struggling? so it must have been booked well in advance????????????:confused:

This all smells of white lies to keep Motherwell & Hearts Fans happy and the Media at bay?:rolleyes:

Vlad's private jet :P

A former employee.

Dougs,

I heard about the chats down NB around about 6 weeks about ago, however my missus works beside his best pal and he said he would come back except for 1 thing. VR.

Again, I heard within the last 2 weeks that we have now only has 1 target (I suspect the talks with our former employee did not get the required response - although I know he is CO preferred choice).

Who knows.

Vlad's private jet :P

...if he had a private jet it would have picked him up in Edinburgh or Glasgow surely?

Corrie Jambo

Have posted this on another thread and i think it is a great option.

I don't think it is dead yet but if it does fall through I would try to get Souness. He would get rid of the dross and would be able to attract good quality players and he knows how to win trophies, is edininburgh born. I would also try and get a winner on board like Stuart McCall as second in command who would not tolerate this non trying that we have had to endure for the last couple of years from the players.

Archived