Stuart McCall Preparing to Hit the Ground Running...

Gregorski

"I had a sleepless night last night wondering what we?d do for training."

Stuart McCall

:cornette:

Hagar the Horrible

Well they would have got changed, ran onto the training pitch if its not raining, otherwise its monopoly. kick a ball at each other for about 10 mins, compare tattoos, demonstrate how to ignite farts, and agree that if the ball come to you, that you just pump it up to Daly or Byod or Miller to chase, then its off to the bookies to put a bet on the weekend games? job done, as the ref will help out anyway

I'm hoping he does, would be funny as **** if Hibs had to spend another year down in the Championship, because again, they'd not be guaranteed to win it next year either.

'Mon the Teddy Bears.

Stuart McCall

Of course he's nervous! Remember what the laddie Faure said about training sessions

"Not to mention that (Ally McCoist) finished a training session by putting himself on the goal line, pulling down his shorts, and making you all hit shots at him because he missed a one on one in the training game?"

That could hurt an arse like McCall

:vrwow:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Exactly the sort of hunnish star-struck knee-scuttling shite that saw his Motherwell side get pumped by his heroes.

:yucky:

When he hits the ground running will he manage to not spill any beer?

The boy was having sleepless nights at Motherwell also

Maybe he's not cut out for this.....

Indeed.

All joking aside though, it's a freakingly bizarre thing to come out with at your very first press conference as your relieved as the new team manager.

hector reva

Yeah! He had sleepless night when at Motherwell too.  :behead:

Im disappointed that no one has posted the video of him falling on his heid celebrating a cup win

Posted yesterday

Jambof3tornado

The boy was having sleepless nights at Motherwell also

Maybe he's not cut out for this.....

The boy ran away when the going got tough at motherwell too.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Exactly the sort of hunnish star-struck knee-scuttling shite that saw his Motherwell side get pumped by his heroes.

:yucky:

Precisely. I meant to look up his record against Rangers but I'm pretty sure it's eye-watering. Something like 14 defeats and two goals scored in 16 games.

Edit - it's also one reason why, if I was Levein, I'd seriously think twice about employing a coach or signing a player who has obvious OF ambitions. As clubs should have been doing for over 100 years tbf. :lol:

OmiyaHearts

People suggesting he has set his Motherwell team out to lose games against Rangers have lost the plot.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Precisely. I meant to look up his record against Rangers but I'm pretty sure it's eye-watering. Something like 14 defeats and two goals scored in 16 games.

Edit - it's also one reason why, if I was Levein, I'd seriously think twice about employing a coach or signing a player who has obvious OF ambitions. As clubs should have been doing for over 100 years tbf. :lol:

Spot on. Welcome to my boat. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

People suggesting he has set his Motherwell team out to lose games against Rangers have lost the plot.

Thankfully nobody has said that though, eh?

:)

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Looked it up. Was off with games played but not with just how abject they were. His record as Motherwell manager against Rangers was:

P8 W0 D1 L7 F2 A23

His first four games against them were:

0-6, 0-5, 0-3, 0-3

Not too hot considering they never finished outside the top three in his three full seasons.

highlandjambo3

10 Star Jumps, 5 Burpees, 2 Shuttle runs, break for breakfast.

Sorted Stuart, and a vast improvement on previous regimes.

I had hear they had ramped it up a bit with the inclusion of a sack race and egg & spoon race as well (although the boiled eggs did not all make it to the finish line.................. :biker: )

McCoist's bizarre tactics thinking he could bully every team same as last 2 years started it off

Derek Llambias for I guess it was him, managed to piss McCoist off and wasn't able to stop him leaving. Rather than bring a decent manager in they made the bizarre decision to give the job to someone who didn't want the problem. Hearts are winning this league in our on merits but there has been a decent supporting cast and Kenny McDowell deserves our thanks ranking him alongside Pa Kujabi as people we'll think fondly of.

So who's to say this new guy won't carry on the good work. Some hopes he'll turn things around. Now they should beat Livingston and Alloa. But its not so easy after that. McCoist won all their games against the bottom 6 in league anyway so that won't be an improvement.

Predict happy times continuing.

i wish jj was my dad

McCoist's bizarre tactics thinking he could bully every team same as last 2 years started it off

Derek Llambias for I guess it was him, managed to piss McCoist off and wasn't able to stop him leaving. Rather than bring a decent manager in they made the bizarre decision to give the job to someone who didn't want the problem. Hearts are winning this league in our on merits but there has been a decent supporting cast and Kenny McDowell deserves our thanks ranking him alongside Pa Kujabi as people we'll think fondly of.

So who's to say this new guy won't carry on the good work. Some hopes he'll turn things around. Now they should beat Livingston and Alloa. But its not so easy after that. McCoist won all their games against the bottom 6 in league anyway so that won't be an improvement.

Predict happy times continuing.

Good post.

McCall is no mug but he is going to have to turn around the culture that has been in place for 20/30 years that the team that drinks together winds together.  Great when you have Gascoigne, Gough, Goram, etc up against the calibre of say Dougie Arnot and Tommy Turner. The same principle worked for Blackie, Jiggy and Tempsy against plumbers and joiners but it kind of came unstuck against guys who are fitter and better organised than they are.

If Livi have anything about them they will get right in their faces and play the game at a high tempo.  decent manager or not I doubt McCall can turn an assortment of lazy has beens into anything other than Championship also rans even with 10k more coming through the gate. 

Of course he's nervous! Remember what the laddie Faure said about training sessions

"Not to mention that (Ally McCoist) finished a training session by putting himself on the goal line, pulling down his shorts, and making you all hit shots at him because he missed a one on one in the training game?"

That could hurt an arse like McCall

:vrwow:

:lol:

Is he expecting Boyd to "hit the ground & then run" ?..

The other way around surely? Boyd runs then hits the ground.

Guest oldcastlerock2012

Stuart McCall

So basically takes a new job then admits he has no idea how to do it! Sometimes I think Rangers hiring process just involves ticking a box marked "I like Rangers".

Bazzas right boot

To be fair to lad, you can't question if he's Scottish, he makes sure his beer cans stays the right way as he goes down head first into the car then slides off. Not a drop spilled but risked broken bones and a burst face. fair play.

Private Womble

To be fair to lad, you can't question if he's Scottish, he makes sure his beer cans stays the right way as he goes down head first into the car then slides off. Not a drop spilled but risked broken bones and a burst face. fair play.

He is English

The narrative arc suggests they will pump the Hubz in a play off. Stubbs will have more Manager of the Month awards so , almost a victory.

I can't take him seriously. He's had exactly the same haircut since about 1993

So have I...i'm still a bald c##t...

To be fair his face has grown to a size where he can carry it off now.

alwaysthereinspirit

Not one Rangers yellow but 4 for Livingston. I always find it hard to believe that a team can be so controlled every week.

Well done Stuart, carrying on that fine form over from Motherwell.

:rofl: :rofl:

Stuart McCall

It will be nightmares tonight for the wee edjet.

Mind and take your nytol Stuart, you will need it tonight.

Dont count sheep, count the ........................................gap.

Jambo-Jimbo

Not one Rangers yellow but 4 for Livingston. I always find it hard to believe that a team can be so controlled every week.

Livi got 4 yellow cards out of a total of 6 fouls committed according to the stats on the BBC.

If he had any sense he would have hit the ground running in the opposite direction the minute they offered him the job.

Archived