Wedding Venues in Edinburgh

HMFC4ME

does anyone have any recommendations for a wedding venue in Edinburgh, preferably one that allows us to bring in our own caterers, musicians and must be able to run until at least midnight.
not really looking for the package deals that a lot of "Wedding Factories" offer, hopefully trying to save a bit of cash by organising it all ourselves however its doing my effin head in!

Given the OP has put this in the terrace, can i recommend either Tynie or Easter Road?

bugger, move please mods. Future wife is a Hibee :( don't think she'd allow Tynie

bugger, move please mods. Future wife is a Hibee :( don't think she'd allow Tynie

What? 

Governor Tarkin

Merchants of Edinburgh golf club

Aye, but you're a wee bit biased.

It is a cracking venue though, and the staff have been excellent both times I've been to functions there.

The Treasurer

Got married last year at Dalhousie Castle. Loved it but probably wouldn't suit everyone.

Same for me and Mrs Treasurer (although that was coming up for 26 years ago)

Great place and a great day. 

fabienleclerq

Its not in Edinburgh but then this was in the terrace so its fair game! I visited a place just outside perth on tues with work and if id known about it id probably of got married there. The byre at inchyra its called, well worth a visit.

Mr Brightside

I like The Caves but I've not idea about the catering arrangements.

Been to a wedding there and it's a good venue. They had a hog roast as the wedding meal which saves costs on tge traditional meal.

The thing about weddings is that they are going to cost a decent wedge, so do what you want not what pleases others.

Cyprus Jambo

Conference Room at Heriot Watt Unit Campus at Riccarton. Might sound not very nice but was a great venue.

The Place Hotel in York PLace just about to open a brand new wedding venue and has an outside terrace bar. Worth being a wedding guinea pig in exchange for a good rate. no harm in asking.

Been married at Dalhousie Castle and also at Edinburgh Capital Hotel. :) Different types of weddings but both good value of their type.

Attended a Caves wedding, really enjoyed it.

Bridge of Djoum

The Royal Terrace hotel is a great little spot. Lovely garden out the back for your big day, weather permitting.

The rooms are good too. 

Seymour M Hersh

Man up ffs.

I got married at the Caves and it was great but you can't do your own catering I'm afraid.

Kirknewton Stables came recommended when we were looking for a venue, it wasn't right for us but think they might allow you to do your own thing. Not many venues do though, from what I recollect.

Sky bar penthouse on bread street. Part of the doubletree hilton. Amazing wedding venue and great value for money. Got the best views overlooking the castle

Got married in st Mary's church (Dalkeith) but had wedding reception at Northumberland hotel. Would recommend it, had a great time. Nice and central too and reasonable

Prince Buaben

Its not in Edinburgh but then this was in the terrace so its fair game! I visited a place just outside perth on tues with work and if id known about it id probably of got married there. The byre at inchyra its called, well worth a visit.

MAte of mine got married there it was really nice. 

Nightmare to get to when he didnt put any buses on.

Are you looking for an all day venue or just night?

We looked at Dovecot Studios (used to be Infirmary Street Baths) Gorgeous venue but only available as an evening venue

Got married at Quay in Musselburgh. Brilliant venue really cheap and the buffet was amazing. Top tip when booking just pay for 1/3 of the night time guests buffet as the amount of food brought out is massive.

Hearts Heritage

Got married at Quay in Musselburgh. Brilliant venue really cheap and the buffet was amazing. Top tip when booking just pay for 1/3 of the night time guests buffet as the amount of food brought out is massive.

Snap !

Was a sunny day got some superb photos down by the harbour

heartsfc_fan

Got married at Orocco Pier in South Queensferry 3 weeks ago. Would recommend.

Top location and excellent staff.

TheMaganator

I got married at the Caves and it was great but you can't do your own catering I'm afraid.

Kirknewton Stables came recommended when we were looking for a venue, it wasn't right for us but think they might allow you to do your own thing. Not many venues do though, from what I recollect.

They do let you do your own catering. I was at a wedding there a couple of years ago. It is a great venue. 

If you get the weather, then Kirknewton is a good shout.

You essentially pay for the venue. Anything else (food, drink, entertainment) you sort out yourself.

manaliveits105

The Hub at the top of the Royal Mile - was at a cracking wedding there and they arranged their own music and food

if she is the woman of your dreams she deserves more than a rushed wedding on a budget you should save up and give her the day of her life

if she is the woman of your dreams she deserves more than a rushed wedding on a budget you should save up and give her the day of her life

She's a Hibee. Arranging for Hibs to win the Big Cup is going to cost millions.

Archived