Things to do in Edinburgh

Boof

Possibly heading down for a mammoth event on August 1st - better not mention what it is in case the reindeer gets the hump ;) - and just wondered what else I could be doing when I'm down...slightly inspired by (errr, mods, will you let me off with saying his name in this instance?) Deek's beautiful Edinburgh thread.

I spent 5 years in Auld Reekie as a student but didn't really get to see that much of it - I'd like to see some of the interesting bits that normally get missed on the traditional touristy bits.

Will have wife and either two or three young 'uns in tow - aged 3, 15 and (maybe 17) and probably a car so no reliance on public transport.

CompleteIdiot
Possibly heading down for a mammoth event on August 1st - better not mention what it is in case the reindeer gets the hump ;) - and just wondered what else I could be doing when I'm down...slightly inspired by (errr, mods, will you let me off with saying his name in this instance?) Deek's beautiful Edinburgh thread.

I spent 5 years in Auld Reekie as a student but didn't really get to see that much of it - I'd like to see some of the interesting bits that normally get missed on the traditional touristy bits.

Will have wife and either two or three young 'uns in tow - aged 3, 15 and (maybe 17) and probably a car so no reliance on public transport.

The Fringe starts on the 3rd. Getting parked anywhere near the city centre will be a nightmare. Public transport is honestly the best choice at that time of year.

Walks? Any hills but I love the Pentlands especially, just park up at Hillend ski centre and get hiking. Up the top you can get stunning views.

Boof's from Shetland, hills frighten him.

blondejamtart
I'll show the 15 and 17 year olds a good time for you Boof:D

And if that isn't enough to put you off, nothing will! :rolleyes:;)

Archived