10 people including 2 French Olympians killed in helicopter crash

Lyns

jamboinglasgow

Just read that ex-Arsenal French internationalist Sylvain Wiltord missed being on the helicopter as he had just been eliminated from the show. While French two time Olympic gold swimmer Alain Bernard was stopped from getting on the helicopter as his weight would have made the helicopter too heavy.

Been in one once over The Grand Canyon. A week after we left Vegas, a helicopter of the same company we flew with, dropped out the sky and killed all on board.

No more, that'll do for me.

Never been in one and never will do, heard a few too many horror stories.

Governor Tarkin

Never been in one and never will do, heard a few too many horror stories.

I'll be on one for a couple of hours next Thursday.

I have to say, the novelty has worn off.

Heres Rixxy

Been in many helicopters and obviously been fine. Considering how many helicopter rides happen around the world every day, I'm not sure they are any more dangerous than riding a taxi.

jamboinglasgow

Been in many helicopters and obviously been fine. Considering how many helicopter rides happen around the world every day, I'm not sure they are any more dangerous than riding a taxi.

its the paradox, like planes, whenever something goes wrong it has the potential of larger loss of life and more spectacular headlines. Thus it's seen as more dangerous. But statistically (particularly in air travel) it can be safer then driving a car. And in plane travel for example, even in accidents, loss of life is actually much lower than people expect. 

its the paradox, like planes, Whenever something goes wrong it has the potential of larger loss of life and more spectacular headlines. Thus it's seen as more dangerous. But statistically (particularly in air travel) it can be safer then driving a car. And in plane travel for example, even in accidents, loss of life is actually much lower than people expect.

You could throw every stat in the world at me and I'd still feel safer in a car than in the air. Especially in a chopper.

Archived