Travel pillows

Disser Pointon

Disser Pointon

Flying to Canada in the summer and would really like to try and nap on the plane which I can never normally do so we were thinking of investing in a travel pillow to see if it makes any difference. Any JKB'ers got any recommendations, this one here is a bit different from the usual donut shape and seems to get good reviews?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Travelrest-The-Inflatable-Ergonomic-Innovative-Wheelchairs/dp/B001DYDAEK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425023542&sr=8-1&keywords=travel+rest+pillow

Disser Pointon

You ever tried valium?

I always take a unisom type tablet which makes you dozy but it doesn't help with the sore neck and lolling head routine!

Made an awful lot of intercontinental flights and tried quite a few resting techniques. Best so far has been a number of spice, tomato juice, vodka concoctions interspersed with a couple of bottles of red wine. I've found that these beverages offer an extremely sound flying experience as well as the chance to enjoy lashings of orange juice and a spectacular sunrise.

Made an awful lot of intercontinental flights and tried quite a few resting techniques. Best so far has been a number of spice, tomato juice, vodka concoctions interspersed with a couple of bottles of red wine. I've found that these beverages offer an extremely sound flying experience as well as the chance to enjoy lashings of orange juice and a spectacular sunrise.

Cheers spud.

Phil D. Corners

Normally when I fly intercontinental I like to use ear plugs and a eye mask. Looks daft but I tend to sleep light and wake up at every little thing. The ear plugs drown out the noise and eye mask stops me focusing on things if I open my eyes. I also find having a blankt over me helps weirdly.

The main thing that helps is pitting the seat in to the bed postion, but I'm just bragging about my company's travel policy.

Get yourself one of these.  You'll look like a complete fud, but it blocks out the light, won't suffocate you, and you can rest your head against the window and the vibration of the aircraft won't bother you:

http://www.ostrichpillow.com/

ostrich_2417488k.jpg

You can find them on Amazon and eBay, but they're quite expensive to get the real ones.

They looks comfy as **** though.  Bet you they're warm as well!

They also do an "Ostrich Pillow Light" version, which looks a little bit less daft.

article-0-1A62025600000578-811_634x632.j

Disser Pointon

Get yourself one of these. You'll look like a complete fud, but it blocks out the light, won't suffocate you, and you can rest your head against the window and the vibration of the aircraft won't bother you:

http://www.ostrichpillow.com/

ostrich_2417488k.jpg

You can find them on Amazon and eBay, but they're quite expensive to get the real ones.

They looks comfy as **** though. Bet you they're warm as well!

Not sure I'm that keen! Not much cope if you don't have the window seat either. Lol

Archived