"Paisley is a shithole" says Tesselaar

tartofmidlothian

Another thread got started while I was writing this one, but at least I spelled it right. :whistling:

i did'nt think shithole would get passed the swear filter ya poss top :2thumbsup:

tartofmidlothian

i did'nt think shithole would get passed the swear filter ya poss top :2thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Can we get a merge please, mods?

tartofmidlothian

They coat hook mind games really work a treat don't they.

Lennon probably read it in a book about Fergie or Mourinho.

Expert on the subject

so true

:10900:

?It is not the case that fans in Scotland sing throughout the matches ? they swear above all. But the game means a lot to them, I understand that."

Салатные палочки

He's right, it's a dive, especially Ferguslie Park where their ground is.  I'm sure his girlfriend likes the shopping but.  Your never more than a few feet from a hairdressers, a ? shop or a takeaway.  

Private Womble

It's a total hellhole, Stayed there for 4 months before moving to the west end of Glasgow. Never met so many bams in 32 years as I did in those 4 months.

Bull.jpg

The best thing about Paisley, by far.

Салатные палочки

Bull.jpg

Great wee pub.  Love a pint in there next to the fire on a cold Saturday afternoon.  

Салатные палочки

Who remembers the pub down the road from Love Street that sold Buckfast on tap :eek:

Either the Alamo, the Caley or the Cottage??  

Aw diddums....did the nasty wee fans shout at you and your delicate wee pride take a bashing?

.....well...**** off.

:spoton:

Either the Alamo, the Caley or the Cottage??

Can't remember the name I was bareley 16 or 17. Went through with my dad and his mates and former Tynie Shed legend Billy Veal :)

The Dutch defender branded the Renfrewshire town a ?s**thole? ? and claimed Buddies supporters swear non-stop as well as neglecting their families in favour of football.

:laugh:

I'm not sure what his exact comments are on the place being a shitehole but the second bit paints it as a negative statement whereas he's actually praising the fans for being so passionate about the club :laugh:  Typical paper spinning it to sell a story.

The Dutch defender branded the Renfrewshire town a ?s**thole? ? and claimed Buddies supporters swear non-stop as well as neglecting their families in favour of football.

:laugh:

I'm not sure what his exact comments are on the place being a shitehole but the second bit paints it as a negative statement whereas he's actually praising the fans for being so passionate about the club :laugh:  Typical paper spinning it to sell a story.

Word round the campfire in St Mirren land is that the Record has..badly..translated his interview and misinterpreted his meaning. The town is ****ed mind.

Quelle surprise from a pretty bad newspaper.

Does he say anything about Mrs. McGarvey being "a bit rough-looking, but well worth the January Sale price of a fiver..."?

Wel

He's bang on the button!

Paisley is an absolute shitehole full of absolute bangers!

Time for one of my all too rare ventures into the den of ignorance.

Let me think, where would I rather live? In my spacious detached house in a leafy conservation area in Paisley surrounded by lovely neighbours and where in the thirty odd years I've been here totally untouched by crime of any description, or in some ****hole of an area in Edinburgh full of absolute bangers?

Much like Edinburgh, there are many very pleasant and attractive parts of Paisley in which to live. Much like Edinburgh, there are parts of Paisley that might be described as a ****hole full of absolute bangers. Judging Paisley based on the walk to the ground from the station is like judging Edinburgh by the walk from Haymarket to Tynecastle.

Bull.jpg

great pic

spent best part of 6 years in there 80s/90s

the town is looking a bit shabby these days

?Celtic Park is more modern ? and more of a standard ground to my mind. But Hearts? Tynecastle is the stadium I like best of all."

Many other neutrals say the same thing.

**** all rang way paisley, been neglected, but with the new grant to restore the listed buildings, 2nd only to londinburgh, will help it, should be a city by now.

ChunkyCharlie

WelTime for one of my all too rare ventures into the den of ignorance.

Let me think, where would I rather live? In my spacious detached house in a leafy conservation area in Paisley surrounded by lovely neighbours and where in the thirty odd years I've been here totally untouched by crime of any description, or in some ****hole of an area in Edinburgh full of absolute bangers?

Much like Edinburgh, there are many very pleasant and attractive parts of Paisley in which to live. Much like Edinburgh, there are parts of Paisley that might be described as a ****hole full of absolute bangers. Judging Paisley based on the walk to the ground from the station is like judging Edinburgh by the walk from Haymarket to Tynecastle.

Aw get a grip mate. I am clearly talking about Paisley in general. I attended college in Paisley. Edinburgh has its bad parts as well but in general the "toon" is a much nicer place than Paisley.

So wind yer neck in son ;)

Aw get a grip mate. I am clearly talking about Paisley in general. I attended college in Paisley. Edinburgh has its bad parts as well but in general the "toon" is a much nicer place than Paisley.

So wind yer neck in son ;)

Paulo Nutini from Paisley tore into the place not so long ago

my problem when I was there in May was the poverty evident in cheap shops

lots of nice posh houses in Paisley just like Edinburgh

Aw diddums....did the nasty wee fans shout at you and your delicate wee pride take a bashing?

.....well...**** off.

Got the chance to be club photographer for a day and moans about it. Ungrateful little shit.

Brisbane_Jambo

I remember working at another of the town's attractions a few years back, HMYOI Kibble. It, and the surrounding area, needs blown up and started all over again. The worst of it is the standard "Glasgow should be the capital" patter they all adopt when they realise you're not the same species as them.

I remember working at another of the town's attractions a few years back, HMYOI Kibble. It, and the surrounding area, needs blown up and started all over again. The worst of it is the standard "Glasgow should be the capital" patter they all adopt when they realise you're not the same species as them.

wtf are u oan about, so u worked in the school, so u know what its for, hope your still not in this line of work, your the sort these kids dont need.

I read that JRR Tolkein based Mordor and Minas Morgul on Paisley.

Broomhouse and stenhouse I heard.

Neilson's Shank

Can't remember the name I was bareley 16 or 17. Went through with my dad and his mates and former Tynie Shed legend Billy Veal :)

Billy Veal, did he stay to the end and retain his scarf?

There are private bungalows to the West and North of the Kibble.

The only dodgy bit could be the back of Russell Street.

I smell s***e.

I smell s***e.

As always Boab, it's the same tired old cliches being wheeled out by the usual suspects. It's shite trolling and they know it, best to ignore as these fuds just judge an entire town or city based on the area where the stadium is based.

It's trolling by numbers Boab, and piss poor.

As always Boab, it's the same tired old cliches being wheeled out by the usual suspects. It's shite trolling and they know it, best to ignore as these fuds just judge an entire town or city based on the area where the stadium is based.

It's trolling by numbers Boab, and piss poor.

Water off a duck's back, mate.

For all I know, Brisbane might be the Paisley of Australia.

Which reminds me of a wee story when me and her indoors were about to visit Oz and I asked her relative what Woolongong was like and he said...."Paisley with a beach".

He was ******* right as well!

Brisbane_Jambo

wtf are u oan about, so u worked in the school, so u know what its for, hope your still not in this line of work, your the sort these kids dont need.

Erm, I was involved in the construction of the new wings. Hence I spent a lot of time in the local area. Not sure how you figure that causes me to impede their rehabilitation, but bash on. Conclusion - Tesselaar is correct. A skidmark on Scotland.

Water off a duck's back, mate.

For all I know, Brisbane might be the Paisley of Australia.

Which reminds me of a wee story when me and her indoors were about to visit Oz and I asked her relative what Woolongong was like and he said...."Paisley with a beach".

He was ******* right as well!

:rofl: :rofl: at least you would've felt at home. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

My parent's next door neighbour in Agios Martinos, Corfu went to college in Paisley. He lives in a small rural concrete box-shaped building in the hills. He loves Scotland and Hearts and always asks for souvenirs when we meet. He said Paisley was full of violent dysfunctional aggressive people, and he did not like spending much time there.

Just for everyone who is taking the fact that the place is a shithole personally, and imagining people are making it up.

:thumbsup:

Brisbane_Jambo

I smell s***e.

"Private Bunglalows". Some of their garden fences are no more than 2m from a cell window. The YOs got out more than once in the time I worked there, can't imagine Glasgow's elite queuing up to live there. Saying that, id probably rather be in the YOI than mixing with the locals. Just calling it as I see it, no need to get upset.

"Private Bunglalows". Some of their garden fences are no more than 2m from a cell window. The YOs got out more than once in the time I worked there, can't imagine Glasgow's elite queuing up to live there. Saying that, id probably rather be in the YOI than mixing with the locals. Just calling it as I see it, no need to get upset.

I'm far from upset, mate.

You stated in your earlier post that "it..needs blown up and started all over again".

You were involved in the building of it...!

Great C.V.    :uhoh2:

If thats what you see, you must be blind.

Archived