JOEY BARTON

crichiejambos

crichiejambos

What a complete tool! You keep thinking he is going to grow up and show he is a reasonably good footballer and then!!!!

Slapped Huddlestone in the haw maws

Not surprised to be honest. BBC have some of his career 'flashpoints' up at the moment. The Thiago Silva one made me laugh...

Feb 2004 - while playing for Manchester City receives the first of nine red cards in career

Dec 2004 - Fined eight weeks' wages for stubbing out lit cigar in eye of team-mate

June 2005 - Fined eight weeks' wages for 'gross misconduct' during altercation with fan

May 2008 - Jailed for six months for common assault and affray in Dec 2007

July 2008 - Given four-months suspended jail sentence and 12-match ban, six suspended, for assaulting City team-mate in May 2007

Nov 2010 - Banned for punching Blackburn winger Morten Gamst Pedersen

May 2012 - 12-match ban for violent conduct playing for QPR against Man City

May 2013 - Given a two-match suspended ban while playing for Marseille for describing PSG defender Thiago Silva as looking like "an overweight ladyboy"

Guest Prentice

Barton is a fan dan!

ALSO Motty is flipping awful!!! He just said 'one minute of overtime' - get in the bin

Hate saying this but motson is utterly horrific these days. More like a nostalgic voice these days as he gets so much wrong. Shame.

Barton was provoked, reacted and deserved to go. Silly boy.

Not surprised to be honest. BBC have some of his career 'flashpoints' up at the moment. The Thiago Silva one made me laugh...

Feb 2004 - while playing for Manchester City receives the first of nine red cards in career

Dec 2004 - Fined eight weeks' wages for stubbing out lit cigar in eye of team-mate

June 2005 - Fined eight weeks' wages for 'gross misconduct' during altercation with fan

May 2008 - Jailed for six months for common assault and affray in Dec 2007

July 2008 - Given four-months suspended jail sentence and 12-match ban, six suspended, for assaulting City team-mate in May 2007

Nov 2010 - Banned for punching Blackburn winger Morten Gamst Pedersen

May 2012 - 12-match ban for violent conduct playing for QPR against Man City

May 2013 - Given a two-match suspended ban while playing for Marseille for describing PSG defender Thiago Silva as looking like "an overweight ladyboy"

What about his appearance on Question Time? My toes still haven't uncurled.

The whole Barton sub-plot of the City-QPR game in 2012 is a key part of what makes that one of the most re-watchable matches ever for me as a neutral.  Guy is clearly unstable.

The only people that think he is cool are the type of people that think he's deep for quoting lyrics from the Smiths. They probably wave stupid non related flags at football matches as well.

Aka total :cornette: 's

Barton is still playing football?

I thought he was just a pundit now :laugh:

Fwiw he is a complete ****** but when he wants to speak about football and isn't being a self indulgent twat he is pretty intelligent. Id say I enjoy him as a pundit but he's a thug and a very unlikeable person.

maroonnicky63

What a complete tool! You keep thinking he is going to grow up and show he is a reasonably good footballer and then!!!!

guy is a bully and a thug should be thrown out of football.

Friend of mine knows a guy who was on the medical staff at QPR. He says that Barton is a classic sociopath type. He will have a player by the throat in training, or swing a punch and an hour later be fully convinced it 'didnt really happen like that' and genuinely believe those events didn't really occur or that he was not responsible for them. He's a headcase. 

Feb 2004 - while playing for Manchester City receives the first of nine red cards in career

Dec 2004 - Fined eight weeks' wages for stubbing out lit cigar in eye of team-mate

June 2005 - Fined eight weeks' wages for 'gross misconduct' during altercation with fan

May 2008 - Jailed for six months for common assault and affray in Dec 2007

July 2008 - Given four-months suspended jail sentence and 12-match ban, six suspended, for assaulting City team-mate in May 2007

Nov 2010 - Banned for punching Blackburn winger Morten Gamst Pedersen

May 2012 - 12-match ban for violent conduct playing for QPR against Man City

May 2013 - Given a two-match suspended ban while playing for Marseille for describing PSG defender Thiago Silva as looking like "an overweight ladyboy"

Dec 2004. WTF!!

tartofmidlothian

Dec 2004. WTF!!

Yup, at a Christmas party. A youth player too.

If you think that's shocking, don't google his brother and cousin.

Yup, at a Christmas party. A youth player too.

If you think that's shocking, don't google his brother and cousin.

Are those the ones that are doing time for murder after a racially motivated attack? Stuck a hatchet in the guys back iirc.

tartofmidlothian

Are those the ones that are doing time for murder after a racially motivated attack? Stuck a hatchet in the guys back iirc.

Yeah. Which is no fault of Barton's of course, but it just makes you think... WHAT THE ****?

His article in the Indrpendent the other day was well written and I agreed with it in it's entirety.

But the boy is a grade A plum.

guy is a bully and a thug should be thrown out of football.

Thats where I stand. He will be at hibs before you know it.

Just watched the incident and I think he was hard done by to be honest

Just watched the incident and I think he was hard done by to be honest

I just watched it also, and am still wondering what the **** he was playing it. A wee push and a wee tickle, but gave the ref no real choice.

He is a total arsehole, and a total liability.

Thought he was all Oxford Union speaker and shit these days?

So have Max Clifford, Russell Brand and Michael Jackson.

Thought is was funny, TBH.

One of those wee jabs to the baws...no great force but does the business in the "Oh ya *******" department.

One of those wee jabs to the baws...no great force but does the business in the "Oh ya *******" department.

:rofl:

Say What Again

ALSO Motty is flipping awful!!! He just said 'one minute of overtime' - get in the bin

He should have been binned years ago.

I can almost guarantee a game he's commentating on will include .... "Oh..... And Ohhhhh...... And...... It's a goal."

Absolute bellchief.

Sent a series of tweets following his red. "I've let my team-mates down and being someone who puts the team above everything else I'm gutted about that."

If he actually put the team first he'd have changed his attitude years ago.

Archived