Trojan warning

westbow

Just a warning that this email is doing the rounds at the weekend and today. It's in the form of a word document. It looked like a company I deal with but luckily my antivirus kicked in.

http://myonlinesecurity.co.uk/lawrence-fisher-t-g-automotive-group-ltd-invoice-word-doc-malware/

Lawrence Fisher T.A.G. (The Automotive Group) Ltd invoice pretending to come from Lawrence Fisher <[email protected]> with a malicious word doc attachment  is another one from the current bot runs which try to download various Trojans and password stealers especially banking credential stealers, which may include cridex, dridex, dyreza and various  Zbots, cryptolocker, ransomware and loads of other malware on your computer. They are using email addresses and subjects that will entice a user to read the email and open the attachment. A very high proportion are being targeted at small and medium size businesses, with the hope of getting a better response than they do from consumers.

Almost all of these also have a password stealing component, with the aim of stealing your bank, PayPal or other financial details along with your email or FTP ( web space) log in credentials. Many of them are also designed to specifically steal your Facebook and other social network log in details.

The Real Maroonblood

Anyone opening the attachments on these emails deserve all the troubles they get.

You sound a decent person.

Anyone opening the attachments on these emails deserve all the troubles they get.

I actually agree.  Why would anyone ever open an attachment on an unknown email?  Especially "here is the invoice" for a company you have never heard of nor dealt with before.

Common sense is sadly lacking.

I actually agree.  Why would anyone ever open an attachment on an unknown email?  Especially "here is the invoice" for a company you have never heard of nor dealt with before.

Charming.

The email was aimed at small businesses that deal with dozens of invoices sent by email each week. Many companies use excel, word, adobe, etc., attachments to send invoices. They hijacked an existing company, one who I have previously dealt with, and attached their malicious software to a word document.

Maybe you should read through the original post.

You deserve the tiny intelligence you inherited as the result of inbred copulation.

What a horrible post!!!!!!!!!!

Why????????

AklamarHearts

What a horrible post!!!!!!!!!!

Why????????

Are you really that short of understanding?

"Get Email From Someone You Don't Know"

"Click OPEN Attachment"

"Watch As PC Implodes with VIRUS Stealing ALL your Personal Banking Info"

"Cry"

Sorry-no sympathy.

"Click OPEN Attachment"

"Cry"

Sorry-no sympathy.

Understanding doesn't seem a strong point of yourself,

Not everyone is brilliant on a computer, and may open things they shouldn't. No?

"Click OPEN Attachment"

"Cry"

Sorry-no sympathy.

Everybody is not as a smart person like you. Quite why you would wish someone harm through carrying out an act of possible naivety, lack of experience or even accidentally I don't know.  I am sure no one wish the smart person such harm.

Archived