Kaunas Loan Players

By The Light..

By The Light..

Great news that MMcG is officially in the frame.

I will be first to admit I got it wrong if he comes. The worry I have is that leopards don't change their spots.

VR, possibly tongue in cheek, said he had a dream of seeing X1 Lithuanians representing Hearts. I was at Parkhead when Velicka scored, but was also I was at Ibrox for the Kurskis show.

Type 1 loans as defined below, were mostly no probs, but are the type 2 loans finished though, i.e. will MMcG have the full autonomy we all want to see?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FBK_Kaunas_to_Hearts

Type 1 Loans - These loans take two forms. In the first, players are signed by Kaunas, but have been immediately transferred to Hearts on loan, without playing for Kaunas at all. There have been seven such loans:

Deividas Česnauskis

Česnauskis was the first player signed by Kaunas with the express intention of playing for Hearts. He moved from Lokomotiv Moscow in February 2005.

Roman Bedn?ř

Czech striker Roman Bedn?ř was transferred to Kaunas in July 2005 from ** Mlad? Boleslav and was immediately loaned to Hearts. He signed a four-year deal with Hearts in August 2006. To date, he is the only player signed on loan from Kaunas to have gone on to sign a full permanent contract with Hearts. In the 2007-2008 season, Roman got sent on loan to English Championship team, West Bromwich Albion.

Edgaras Jankauskas

Lithuanian striker Jankauskas left FC Porto for Kaunas in the summer of 2005 and was immediately loaned to Hearts. His loan contract was ended prior to the 2007-08 season and he moved to Kaunas.

Nerijus Barasa

Right-back Barasa barely featured for Hearts in the immediate aftermath of his January 2006 loan move due to injury, making only one start against Rangers in the final match of the 2005-06 season. He featured more prominently during the 2006-07 season, although he was again hampered by injury. Although Barasa had played for Kaunas in the past, his loan move to Hearts came after five seasons playing in Russia and was, in effect, a paper-only transfer. He returned to Kaunas for a second time when his loan contract was terminated prior to the 2007-08 season.

Bruno Aguiar

Portuguese midfielder Aguiar was transferred to Kaunas in January 2006 from Portuguese high-flyers Benfica, before he became one of 11 players to join Hearts during the January 2006 transfer window.

Jos? Gon?alves

Former FC Thun defender Gon?alves moved on loan to Hearts in January 2006, after joining the Lithuanian champions for ?633,000 in a three-and-a-half-year deal.

Type 2 Loans - The second type of loan involves players who have played regularly for Kaunas before being transferred on loan to Hearts. The players who have been loaned in this manner are:

Saulius Mikoliūnas

Young Lithuanian international winger Mikoliūnas was one of the first players loaned from Kaunas to Hearts, moving to Edinburgh in January 2005.

Marius Kizys

Kizys moved to Tynecastle at the same time as Mikoliūnas but after making only 8 first-team appearances (6 of which were as a substitute) his loan was not renewed in the summer of 2005.

Marius ?aliūkas

Defender ?aliūkas moved to Hearts on loan from Kaunas in August 2006. Initially deployed as a defensive midfielder, he became a more regular starter when moved to centre-back.

Andrius Velička

Striker Velička also joined Hearts on loan from Kaunas in August 2006. He was the Edinburgh side's top scorer during the 2006-07 season. Initially, his loan deal at Hearts ended without being renewed.[2] However, he has since returned for 2007-08.[3]. In 2008, Andrius signed for a Norweigian team for a reported ?1,000,000.00

Kęstutis Iva?kevičius

Young attacking midfielder Iva?kevičius moved on loan at the same time as Velička and ?aliūkas and made his debut against Alloa Athletic in the League Cup.

Arkadiusz Klimek

In January 2007, striker Klimek became the first non-Lithuanian player to be loaned to Hearts after playing for Kaunas. The Pole spent one season with Kaunas having previously played in Greece and his homeland. He played only a handful of games for Hearts before returning to Kaunas in May 2007.

Eduardas Kurskis

6 times capped goalkeeper Kurskis joined the club on loan from Kaunas in the January 2007 transfer window. In March 2008, he returned to Kaunas.

Tomas Kančelskis

Former Kaunas captain Kančelskis also joined on loan in January 2007. He had previously played as a trialist for Hearts in a friendly against Atl?tico Osasuna in July 2006. He played several times for the first team, both at centre-back and right-back, during the 2006-07 season. In March 2008, he Returned to Kaunas.

Linas Pilibaitis

Attacking midfielder Pilibaitis was the third Lithuanian to move on loan to Hearts in January 2007. He returned to Kaunas in August 2007.

Ričardas Beniu?is

Striker Beniu?is played for Hearts as trialist in their pre-season friendly against FC Barcelona in July 2007. He moved to Edinburgh on a 6 month loan deal the following week. He returned to Kaunas in March 2008.

Audrius Ksanavičius

Ksanavičius also played in the friendly match against Barcelona before signing on loan. The attacking midfielder had previously played outside of his homeland with Skonto Riga.

I really want to see Hearts sign proven SPL players or targets from under the noses of the OF.

I hope this experiment has ended now and Mark McGhee comes in with a full mandate to compete in the SPL.

Toxteth O'Grady

Type 1 loans - I strongly suspect they are just a tax avoidance ploy for UBIG

Rawrrrrrrr

Your post is wrong in that both Jose and Bruno have signed permanent contracts with hearts

Drylaw Hearts

FBK Kaunas has more of a hindrance than a help to us.

Whoever is appointed Manager should demand we cut ties with this 'two bit' outfit.

I would prefer a type 0 loans from Kaunas. Send the lot back and allow the manager to decide who he wants in his squad.

FORTHCLYDE

I emailed FIFA 2 months ago to ask about Miko's loan period at Hearts, I have not had an answer. What concerned me was that it was reported that Miko had a contract until 2009. How can a player be on loan for 4 years? I felt Hearts may have broken some rule, but as stated I do not have the full facts. I actually hope that FIFA look into why Hearts have so many players on loan from one club.

Rawrrrrrrr
I emailed FIFA 2 months ago to ask about Miko's loan period at Hearts, I have not had an answer. What concerned me was that it was reported that Miko had a contract until 2009. How can a player be on loan for 4 years? I felt Hearts may have broken some rule, but as stated I do not have the full facts. I actually hope that FIFA look into why Hearts have so many players on loan from one club.

So you a hearts fans reported hearts to FIFA:confused:

You have a point though, I would be surprised if Miko and Chesney are not fully fledged hearts players by now

I thought all the players who had never played for Kaunas, ie type 1 loans, were transferred to Hearts and are now on our books.

I think Miko was one of these as well.

Although I may be talking out my erchie.

Emailing FIFA is ridiculous though.

Mark McGhee takes over.

A week in he decides he doesn't want to keep Miko, and then it will begin all over again!

By The Light..
Your post is wrong in that both Jose and Bruno have signed permanent contracts with hearts

They were Type 1 loan deals to start with, Wikipedia needs to be updated.

Only a Game

All you had to do was google the UEFA transfer and registration rules and it would tell you in about five minutes that what we are doing with Miko and other loan players is perfectly within the rules.

You emailed FIFA ?

YOU DID WHAT ????

I would prefer a type 0 loans from Kaunas. Send the lot back and allow the manager to decide who he wants in his squad.

I still believe in Santa Claus :rolleyes:

jamtartsandbees

Why would you do that?

Goncalves is a Hearts player now, Not sure about Aguiar but i'd assume he is too. Miko and Chesey have never gone back to sign new extension loan deals so we'd have to assume they are Hearts players too.

paulyjambo

I'm pretty sure Bruno signed a 3 or 4 year deal with Hearts when he was injured could be wrong but I'm almost 100%

AllowayJambo

11 players signed on the type 2 loan deal.

4 left.

Take Velicka out the equation I wouldn't give you ?50 for the rest as a job lot.

Says it all

Other than Barasa, cant complain about the type 1's (Jose looked like a world beater, who coulda guessed he's pish).

If we can save money and get players the class of Bednar and Aguiar then Im happy to use Kaunas for this. The type 2's can suck my bumhole though

Bunny Munro

People have to remember that these players do come in catagorys other than TYPE 1 and TYPE 2.

There have been the brillaint but cant be ersed players (Bedner, Janky), the shows promise in flashes players (Miko, Chesney, ), the were good but arnt anymore (Goncalves, Zaliukis), and the simply god awful (Kurskis, Klimek, Beniusis, Pilibites)

In fact one of the best (as far as I seen) was Kanchelskis, why we sent him home ill never know. Better than Zali by a mile.

Will be a big test for the McGhee/Romanov relationship.

Clearly McGhee will want to return the likes of Ksnavicius and prevent Kurskis/Beniusis from returning to Hearts.

Will he take Ivaskevicius and Zaliukas remaining in the squad? Does he think he can get a bit more out of those sorts of players (ie the ones with a little bit of ability but no guts?).

What about when Vlad wants someone to move from Kaunas to get a bit of exposure in a better league? Will McGhee just accept it?

People have to remember that these players do come in catagorys other than TYPE 1 and TYPE 2.

There have been the brillaint but cant be ersed players (Bedner, Janky), the shows promise in flashes players (Miko, Chesney, ), the were good but arnt anymore (Goncalves, Zaliukis), and the simply god awful (Kurskis, Klimek, Beniusis, Pilibites)

In fact one of the best (as far as I seen) was Kanchelskis, why we sent him home ill never know. Better than Zali by a mile.

....Because he is 33 on his next birthday and had a tendancy to get booked in every game? My opinion of Kanchelskis is that he was a solid back up player, but never a first teamer.

I think Mikoluinas and Cesnauskis are signed to Hearts, so 'sending them back' as some have suggested can't happen (I'd keep both anyway). I think with the right coaching both Zaliukas and even Ivaskevicius can be good players. Ksanavicius should never play for the club again.

As another caveat, Hearts should not be looking to take any more late 20's/early 30 players from Kaunas, these players cannot be developed and it is players in that age group (Kurskis, Klimek, Ksanvicius and Beniusis) who have been shown up the most at the club.

Guest JamboRobbo

It should be pretty simple with Kaunus loan players.

Take the ones who are good enough on loan, then sign them if the prove they are good enough. Dinnae bother with the dross.

It's beyond belief how difficult we have made this simple task look.

It should be pretty simple with Kaunus loan players.

Take the ones who are good enough on loan, then sign them if the prove they are good enough. Dinnae bother with the dross.

It's beyond belief how difficult we have made this simple task look.

I could not agree more. I have no problem with VR recommending players and getting them over for the new manager to look at. IF the manager likes what he sees then sign them, if not then punt them. Very very simple, but like what has already been said, we made it look extremely difficult.

By The Light..

Not one of these players should arrive at Riccarton unless the manager knows they are coming in advance and has the chance to reject them out of hand as soon as he finds them wanting.

I really want to see Hearts sign proven SPL players or targets from under the noses of the OF.

I hope this experiment has ended now and someone comes to manage in with a full mandate to compete in the SPL.

LOAN PLAYERS.....Unfortunately for us, you'll probably find a few more coming over this summer!, It's quite obvious MadVlad brings them over with the sole intention of selling them all over Europe and make a profit, but with his lack of knowledge about football, only one did, Velicka. Clubs in Europe wouldn't look twice at most of the rubbish he's ruined our team with!

Archived