What is your favourite Hearts related quote?

Finlay James

As the title suggests.

I love hearing quotes about Hearts, Dave Mackay has came out with a few over the years but my favourite (Which I can't recall the exact wording) is by Mehdi Taouil regarding our fans at Anfield.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• aussieh

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

• TyphoonJambo

As the title suggests.

I love hearing quotes about Hearts, Dave Mackay has came out with a few over the years but my favourite (Which I can't recall the exact wording) is by Mehdi Taouil regarding our fans at Anfield.

If you're gonna start a thread you could at least remember the feckin quote :-)

fraz the postie

That commentary quote,from thee cup final," there is two balls on the pitch,that's the last thing hibs need,

(Or something along those lines).

This is probably the lowest ebb we've got to.....we have to accept now there is a threat of liquidation and we are doing everything we can to avoid it (Bryan Jackson)

"A club with more substance, spirit and soul than any other in Scottish football."

In Bob Crampsey's narration of a video on our history.

Allowayjambo1874

As the title suggests.

He said: ?It was unbelievable to play in a game like that, with an atmosphere like that. Over the years I have heard about how brilliant Liverpool fans are from different people all over Europe.

?But I can tell you, for the full 90 minutes, it was the Hearts fans I heard. They were fantastic, even though there were only 4000 of them in the stadium.

?The noise they created was just crazy and every Hearts player fed off that.

Dave Mackay, a pundit for a Spurs v Derby game. The anchor man says, "So, Dave Mackay. You played for both Spurs and Derby. Who are you supporting today?" Mr Mackay leans in towards both mic and anchorman in the most pleasant, yet threatening way, says, "I'm a Hearts fan, son!"

Don't know the exact words, but this piece of commentary at the end of the relegation party....

'not on this patch of Edinburgh......not in the Derby...... there's no relegation today!'

Hackney Hearts

Don't know the exact words, but this piece of commentary at the end of the relegation party....

'not on this patch of Edinburgh......not in the Derby...... there's no relegation today!'

I love that one too. It was said with real feeling!

?Not on this patch of Edinburgh land, not in a derby, no relegation today.?

Dagger Is Back

Dave Mackay, a pundit for a Spurs v Derby game. The anchor man says, "So, Dave Mackay. You played for both Spurs and Derby. Who are you supporting today?" Mr Mackay leans in towards both mic and anchorman in the most pleasant, yet threatening way, says, "I'm a Hearts fan, son!"

Beautiful, simply beautiful

Dagger Is Back

He said: ?It was unbelievable to play in a game like that, with an atmosphere like that. Over the years I have heard about how brilliant Liverpool fans are from different people all over Europe.

?But I can tell you, for the full 90 minutes, it was the Hearts fans I heard. They were fantastic, even though there were only 4000 of them in the stadium.

?The noise they created was just crazy and every Hearts player fed off that.

Love that one too. Given the amount of money spent on drink on that trip, well earned praise.

Another Robbo

Does commentary count?

"Suddenly...it is a rout"

....that's got to be up there.

that's my favourite even have it on my work mug with a picture of me doing a 5-1 in the tunnel at Tynie

The late, great Scotsman journalist, John Fairgrieve.  He wrote on a Monday to say that various journalists in the Sunday papers had expressed surprise that Hearts find themselves on top of the league.  "They don't know what they're talking about" said Fairgeieve, "Hearts are exactly where they belong".

circa 1964.

Does commentary count?

"Suddenly...it is a rout"

....that's got to be up there.

Love that. Infact the commentary to every goal we scored that day has got to be up there. Edited by LEWISHMFC1874

maroon hills remembered

There is no other club like Hearts.

We don't have players we have heroes.

We don't have a stadium. We have a fortress.

We don't have fans. We have the heart and soul of Edinburgh.

This is a dynasty that will live on for eternity.

Tommy Walker.

The late, great Scotsman journalist, John Fairgrieve.  He wrote on a Monday to say that various journalists in the Sunday papers had expressed surprise that Hearts find themselves on top of the league.  "They don't know what they're talking about" said Fairgeieve, "Hearts are exactly where they belong".

circa 1964.

JF wrote something similar in The Sunday Mail the day after we beat St. Mirren to go top before Christmas '85.

"Too much is being made of Hearts going top of the League. It isn't Arbroath, Montrose, HIBS or Alloa that have. It's Heart of Midlothian."

I'm paraphrasing re the smaller clubs but I've never forgotten it.

tartofmidlothian

Paulo's classy, but stinging, put down of Hibs! I don't know it word for word but you'll all know it. \o/

:spoton:

First one I thought of.

tartofmidlothian

:lol: That's brilliant.

Vague recollection of Paulo saying before the Cup final (imagine the Portuguese accent):

"I know my job, the players know their job, it's no problem".

Paulo's regarding Kenny Sheils was amusing.

Was that something like

Journo : Will you shake his hand next time you see him?

Paulo : No, but i might shake his neck...

Samuel Camazzola

Was that something like

Journo : Will you shake his hand next time you see him?

Paulo : No, but i might shake his neck...

I was thinking of the one about him not having to go to the comedy club as he was saving money by listening to Sheils.