Boyd might be offski

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Boyd to consider future at Ibrox

Kris Boyd will consider his Rangers future after his second cup final double in three months failed to atone for a frustrating personal season.

The striker scored the first and last goals in a 3-2 Scottish Cup win over Queen of the South.

"It has been a frustrating season," Boyd said. "I would liked to have played more but it's not been the case.

"I will go and have a long hard think about it over the summer and we will see what next season brings."

But Boyd, who has fallen out of favour as manager Walter Smith adopted a single-striker strategy for much of this season, was delighted to end his season on a high.

"To score two goals in the Scottish Cup final is a dream come true and I'm delighted with that," he said.

"The only thing I can do is get on the park and do my talking on there. I got another two goals, but I would have liked more.

"I would have liked to have scored more, I would have liked to have played more.

Well if we get MM do you think he would go for him if he leaves hunbox, he is a good poacher and knows were the back of the net is.:P

maroonlegions
Boyd GTF I hate that guy!

aye same here but if he scores lots of goals for us then we could always over look our dislike eh.:P:rolleyes:

He'd need to get rid of that ridiculous mouser before he signed for us.

No Village People rejects at Tynie.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

He'll probably sign for Birmingham City.

That would seem the obvious option.

I doubt he'd want to play for another Scottish side and if he went to Brum he'd be playing for a manager who rates him.

vegas-voss

How can anyone not rate Boyd 70 goals in about 90 games for Rangers.Think he has 26 for this season in all compitions.The guy is a machine and Walter is an arse,he could quite easily have played 4-4-2 in the Spl with Darchevelle or Cousin or Novo running about like a ***** doing the donkey work for Boyd to score.

ps I ****ing hate Boyd as a person though

Rawrrrrrrr

Rangers will not sell Boyd to an SPL rival because they know the damage he does, and even if they did it would be ridicolous money (im thinking 7M plus)

They would easily offload him to the EPL or CCC for 5 mil so they wouldnt even consider a domestic move

Regardless I doubt he will be sold at all with Cousin likely to go and JCD reaching the twilight of his career

Stewart MacD

Hearts should have signed him before the evil citrus people came sniffing around.

Fantastic finisher, but I think Boyd is what the weedia darlings would refer to as a luxury player.

Lazy ******* to the rest of us!

No thanks. Not the kind of player I'd like to see at Hearts.

crazy_jambo_2006

I don't rate Darcheville or Cousin. I don't think they are all that great. Even a French mate of mine laughs at these two getting a game for Rangers.

But if Boyd won't be playing more often for Gers, I reckon Boyd will go. Never to another SPL club though. Probably down south.

Don't care how lazy he is perceived to be or how much of an idiot he supposedly is as a person, they guy is a goal scoring machine.

Desperate for him to get a club where he gets a regular game as Boyd has the potential to be an absolute hero for Scotland, and I would love him at Hearts.

cosanostra
He'll probably sign for Birmingham City.

Good shout.

They'd probably pay millions for him as well.

Mild-Mannered James

No thanks. Not the kind of player I'd like to see at Hearts.

You're right, it'd be awful to have a 20+ a season striker in our team. :P

jack D and coke

I think Smith's refusal to play Boyd more often has cost them certainly the league and maybe the UEFA cup also. He's single handedly won them both cups and he would have had another 10-15 goals had he played more. That maybe would've been enough to secure the league.

He wouldn't come to us though i dont think.

Only a Game
You're right, it'd be awful to have a 20+ a season striker in our team. :P

Walter Smith didnt pick him because his overall contribution to the team was/is minimal. A mistake in my opinion. When youve got enough players in your team making chances you can afford, in fact your probably better off with striker who you know is going to finish a high percentage of the chances. You accept that he isnt going to do much when you havent got the ball, or even when youve got it outside the last third.

As for Hearts, have we got enough quality elsewhere in the team to afford to carry a passenger like Boyd. Do we make enough chances for him to contribute purely in goals and nothing much else.

More importantly I suppose, do we have a spare ?4-5 million.

jack D and coke
Fantastic finisher, but I think Boyd is what the weedia darlings would refer to as a luxury player.

Lazy ******* to the rest of us!

No thanks. Not the kind of player i'd like to see at Hearts.

Aye i'd much rather have clum, mole and nade. You know players that couldn't score in a barrell of f*nnies. They're the kind of players i like to see in a hearts jersey.

vegas-voss
Walter Smith didnt pick him because his overall contribution to the team was/is minimal. A mistake in my opinion. When youve got enough players in your team making chances you can afford, in fact your probably better off with striker who you know is going to finish a high percentage of the chances. You accept that he isnt going to do much when you havent got the ball, or even when youve got it outside the last third.

As for Hearts, have we got enough quality elsewhere in the team to afford to carry a passenger like Boyd. Do we make enough chances for him to contribute purely in goals and nothing much else.

More importantly I suppose, do we have a spare ?4-5 million.

His overall contribution was more than goals yesterday and has been in alot of games.As for us well we have been carry passengers upfront for years.I would much rather have a proven goalscorer than a workhorse that plays like a donkey.

ToadKiller Dog

If its true that they are brining back kenny miller cant see where Boyd would fit in with them apart from a sub to grab late goals,

Agree with those who said if he does go its likely to be the championship in england.

Would prefer Riordan at quarter the price tbh.

Wouldn't mind both. A truely hated strike force, but it would do some damage.

JennyJambo

I'd take him.

I'd take Rat Boy as well. It'd be a shocker seeing him in maroon but for a hat trick against the Hobos I'd get over it.

Rangers would have won the league had Boyd played more often.

IMO.

I'd say he's a cert to go to Birmingham, McLeish rates him and I doubt a Premiership side would sign him yet.

Boaby Ewing
Wouldn't mind both. A truely hated strike force, but it would do some damage.

I'd take a bit of that, but I don't think we can afford either of them (at the price the OF would be asking).

I also feel a bit queasy even contemplating it.

Boyd at Hearts? I can't stand him (or that horrible thing he does with his tongue when he scores) but I think this is what you call wishful thinking. Walter is a twit for not having played him but I don't think it will have affected his value too much...he'll probably go to Birmingham as all good Scotland squad'ers do. He'll go for a few million. We can't afford him and he wouldn't come to us anyway. Sadly.

Rat Boy is quite another thing though...the more time goes on, the more I'm beginning to think we might be his best option....

Charlie-Brown

Boyd & Rat-boy - no thanks! (nothing to do with football abilities but I wouldn't want either) :)

rudi must stay

would be a great signing, unfortunately the OF don't sell to SPL clubs. Can only think of one time when they have, Rangers selling McCormack to Motherwell, and that was a mistake i doubt they'll make again.. Same goes for Riordan, he'll go down south probs

The Future's Maroon

Boyd, I'd take him in a minute as he scores for fun (when he can be ersed) but doubt he'd come to us, wages would be an issue and transfer fee certainly would be........Also I'm a little suprised at the amout of folk who are saying they would take Ratboy, personally I think he would do a job and, cant believe I am saying this, would probably be a great signing for Hearts. But I dont think there is a hope in hells chance he would sign for Hearts.

Charlie-Brown

I can't believe people would want Boyd or Riordan regardless of how good they are - would they have wanted Paul Kane or Micky Weir or Roy Aitken or Tommy Burns or Peter Grant or John MacDonald or Robert Fleck etc in a HEARTS strip?

I can't believe people would want Boyd or Riordan regardless of how good they are - would they have wanted Paul Kane or Micky Weir or Roy Aitken or Tommy Burns or Peter Grant or John MacDonald or Robert Fleck etc in a HEARTS strip?

I'd gladly take Boyd (not that its remotely likely) but Riordan would sign for the JT's over my festering corpse :mad:.

That little tramp fecking HATES Heart of Midlothian Football Club. I couldn't give my support to someone who hates The Famous.

Horrible little fecking reptile.

After a season where we've had the all round goalscoring ability, workrate and team contribution of the following up front ... Ksnavicius, Beniusis, Velicka, Elliot, Ivaskevicius, Nade, Mole, Pospisil (and Glen) the thought that some people would criticise one of the top SPL goalscorers ever on the basis that he doesn't do anything other than score goals is hilarious!;)

Boyd is a naughty boy and I fully expect him to be moved out of Greyskull over the summer.

Archived