Tim Sherwood takes over at Villa

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

I personally do not rate him as a manager at all.

Seems like the cheap and easy option to me. He might give them enough of a boost to keep them up though.

Seems like the cheap and easy option to me. He might give them enough of a boost to keep them up though.

The thing is, I don't think he is the cheap option as he hasn't taken other jobs in the past, (I assume because of money). I think he is tactically inept and cruised by being carried by good players.

tartofmidlothian

The thing is, I don't think he is the cheap option as he hasn't taken other jobs in the past, (I assume because of money). I think he is tactically inept and cruised by being carried by good players.

Yeah, I mean cheap as in out of contract. Don't think Lerner's up for splashing out much.

Captain Canada

He doesn't come across well on TV. I think Villa will go down. His record at Spurs was no great shakes and they have much better players.

McCoist being considered analogy:

If you think about going to the cinema you may look at what's on at a multi plex. It's essentially a list of 20 films, 16-17 of which you'll discard immediately for being the wrong genre. Technically you've still considered Fast And Furious part 8 just by reading that it is available as an option.

Ally's pals in the media still looking out for him.

Indeed. And making mileage out of tenuous conjecture.

He doesn't come across well on TV. I think Villa will go down. His record at Spurs was no great shakes and they have much better players.

He has the best win ratio of any Spurs manager in the EPL

tartofmidlothian

:lol:

That's funny. Seriously though, I wonder where McCoist will get his next job? Lennon's five times the manager and he only got Bolton, McCoist would be very lucky to get a Championship club.

:lol:

That's funny. Seriously though, I wonder where McCoist will get his next job? Lennon's five times the manager and he only got Bolton, McCoist would be very lucky to get a Championship club.

He won't get a job in the championship. League 2 maybe but I'd be surprised if anyone would take him, only the desperate.

Was at the villa game today and tbf in the first half they looked really poor. Was told at half time that sherwood went to the villa changing room and gave them "some things to work on" during the second half. Not sure if he did or not, but it was a greatly improved villa in the second half.

They have a chance of staying I reckon if the can get Benteke some confidence. He looked well out of sorts today.

First time I've been to Villa park, what a ground. What a proper football ground is (not a patch on Tyne having said that ;-0)

jamboinglasgow

Funny how Spurs did better under Tim last season than AVB when Sherwood had no one undermining him every week, leaking to bad stories to the press like he did to AVB.

For the older readers he is a Jock Wallace type manager. He will manage to get the team motivated and fighting fr games in the short term but don't be looking for long term success or sophisticated tactics.

For the older readers he is a Jock Wallace type manager. He will manage to get the team motivated and fighting fr games in the short term but don't be looking for long term success or sophisticated tactics.

He does give the younger ones a chance though. Sure he intoduced kane and bentaleb etc into the first team, they're now regulars at Spurs.

Like Paul Lambert?

Best record in the last 10 years I think...

Paul Lambert couldn't motivate Michelle McManus to go into an all you can eat buffet.

Ha.

I meant Lambert is seen as tactically and sophisticated but is really just clueless.

More than anything, Villa need motivated.

Ha.

I meant Lambert is seen as tactically and sophisticated but is really just clueless.

More than anything, Villa need motivated.

I'm not disputing that part. As I said he will do a job in the short term and that is what Villa need more than anything right now. 

Archived