Your name on a strip?

Don Dan

FAN REWARDS SCHEME ? FANS TRIBUTE STRIP

Dear Member

As you will know, the opportunity for members to have their names on a special fans tribute strip (which will be the official club third strip next season) through the Fan Rewards scheme is a very important acknowledgement from the Foundation of pledgers? support. When the scheme was launched, we stated that a cut-off date for this particular part of the scheme would be announced shortly, and we now have confirmation of when that will be.

The date for members to have reached 180 points (ie ?120 pledged) and therefore be eligible to have their name on the strip is Saturday 28 February.

While we would have liked more time for members to reach this level, this has just not been possible as the manufacturers? lead time means we have to confirm names by mid March to allow the manufacturers to produce the shirt for a pre-Christmas delivery.

Should you wish to top up your account, visit http://www.foundationofhearts.org/own-the-history-shape-the-future/, while there?s information on how to increase your pledge at http://www.foundationofhearts.org/how-to-increase-your-pledge/

As ever, I thank you most sincerely for your support for the club through the Foundation, and I?m sure you will ? like me ? look forward to seeing the team take the field next season in this special strip which pays tribute to you and our fellow Foundation members.

Yours in Hearts

Ian Murray

Chair, Foundation of Hearts

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think this is a great wee idea, not only for the novelty factor of having your name on the strip, but this is a great way of dangling a carrot in front of fans to sign up for the FoH. I bet there is a wee surge in pledges. :lol:

I've been a pledger since day one and recently cancelled the debit to start up an increased payment.

My account says I still only donate the previous amount. Must be about a month ago I increased pledge.  Anyone had the same/know when that will change?

Is Adidas going to be the manufacturer?

Not sure. It certainly suggests that it has been decided though, both the manufacturer, and design.

I think this is a great wee idea, not only for the novelty factor of having your name on the strip, but this is a great way of dangling a carrot in front of fans to sign up for the FoH. I bet there is a wee surge in pledges. :lol:

absolutely.  At the end of the day, this whole idea is great for both the fans and the club, its win win.  Its gamification and a sales incentive.  i think its brilliant.  More money in to club the better.

Thinking about it, I'm 44 and don't think I've ever bought a strip for myself.

My parents bought mine when I was a kid (last one silver away top in the 80s) and I buy them for my son now.

I'll buy this and get it framed (hope my name's not on an armpit!).

This could be a big seller so hopefully ample stock.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

They must be ordering enough for every pledger for it to take until Christmas.

I'd imagine it's a case of the size of the words changing depending on the amount of names included, plus the hope that this initiative will lead to more people signing up.

.......and the FoH/our club will get the profit from each strip sold.

1 x XXL and 1 x L please

Cannae wait for Crimbo now

Raymond Reddington

Think this is really cool. This got me thinking I would love it and think it would be a great gesture if the 16 men who went to war had there names on every hearts shirt. A way of never forgetting them.

?120 gets your name on the strip. You would then have to spend ?50 on the strip?

?120 is money to help buy the club. As a reward for reaching that personal milestone your name will be printed on a strip. You can as I feel most people will buy the strip which will also filter more money into the club minus costs. Great idea and for me it's something I can leave to my Grandchildren when I'm gone.

Your idea of including the 16 is a very good one.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

?120 gets your name on the strip. You would then have to spend ?50 on the strip?

The theory would be that getting on the strip was a reward for saving HMFC. Owning it, is a purchase of produce from the club you have saved, with the bonus of having something uniquely yours in to the bargain.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

They should do a limited edition ?200 personalised version with the individualised pledgers name in bold and slightly larger font.

They should do a limited edition ?200 personalised version with the individualised pledgers name in bold and slightly larger font.

God help anyone who comes from a family of pledgers !!!!!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

God help anyone who comes from a family of pledgers !!!!!

Why? I'm not suggesting making it mandatory. Just likel every other reward incentive scheme.

Shanks said no

As usual I haven't been reading my FOH emails. Do we know how they are putting the names on the shirt e.g J.Bloggs or Joe Bloggs or Bloggs?  

As usual I haven't been reading my FOH emails. Do we know how they are putting the names on the shirt e.g J.Bloggs or Joe Bloggs or Bloggs?  

In small text I'd imagine, though it hasn't been confirmed.

Anyone who has put in ?10 a month since the start is on 255 points.

I am also a member of Manley-Warringa Sea Eagles. They brought a similar commemorative shirt a couple of seasons ago with all members names on it. To get every members name on the shirt the font had to be very small and you could not make out the names unless you had a magnifying glass. I think my name was in a gusset.

alwaysthereinspirit

Pre Christmas delivery . Getting made by 3 year olds in a sweatshop ?

As long as they spell my name correctly......I blame the parents.

So is it automatic or do you have to redeem points if you want to take part?

Automatic

But as mentioned if it's 8000+ names on a replica shirt, we're going to need a magnifying glass.

ChunkyCharlie

The theory would be that getting on the strip was a reward for saving HMFC. Owning it, is a purchase of produce from the club you have saved, with the bonus of having something uniquely yours in to the bargain.

Couldn't agree more lol

Win win for our famous club. The frothers across the city just can't live with the commercial innovation of our people. HHGH forever

Automatic

But as mentioned if it's 8000+ names on a replica shirt, we're going to need a magnifying glass.

Hmmm. I'm hoping that, for once, the length of my name might be an advantage.

Just logged in to my FoH account for the first time and the page which shows your "Maroon Points" has a scale starting with a membership card, going all the way to "1874 Club" - can anyone tell me what that is?

Regarding the strip, and forgive my stupidity on this, is it the case that if you have enough Maroon Points you'll automatically get your name on the strip, which you can then buy next season i.e. will one then be reserved for you?

Edit: Just found the part of the website saying what the 1874 club is - you get to have lunch with Robbie Neilson himself and get a certificate presented by a legend (hopefully Rudi1)! Time to up my pledge I think!!

Nice idea but will have no sway in me purchasing the kit whatsoever.

If we get to choose our names I'll happily offer my allocated space to someone else for a donation to FOH.

The 2 extra accounts I set up for my sons seem very much worth the hassle now rather than just firing it through under my name. All 3 of us on the shirt is going to be brilliant, although yes, the dilemma of whether to buy 1 or 3 is just starting!

Francis Albert

Is it worth ?120 to get a really offensive name on the shirt? :rofl:

I suspect a few Hibs fans may have thought of that, knowing their obsession with us. Albert Kidd maybe too obvious. But an O'Seacht type surname?

Prince Buaben

I

I suspect a few Hibs fans may have thought of that, knowing their obsession with us. Albert Kidd maybe too obvious. But an O'Seacht type surname?

?120 in our pocket. For a small name that you will need a magnifying glass to see. Wouldnt bother me

Francis Albert

I

?120 in our pocket. For a small name that you will need a magnifying glass to see. Wouldnt bother me

Nor me. But for a Hibs fan it would get hero status and a 10 page thread on .net.

Just logged in to my FoH account for the first time and the page which shows your "Maroon Points" has a scale starting with a membership card, going all the way to "1874 Club" - can anyone tell me what that is?

Regarding the strip, and forgive my stupidity on this, is it the case that if you have enough Maroon Points you'll automatically get your name on the strip, which you can then buy next season i.e. will one then be reserved for you?

Edit: Just found the part of the website saying what the 1874 club is - you get to have lunch with Robbie Neilson himself and get a certificate presented by a legend (hopefully Rudi1)! Time to up my pledge I think!!

I think your name goes on automatically. We are only a couple of weeks from cut off to provide names to strip manufacturers. To organise an opt out would provide a challenge.

Re the order, I doubt they will set aside a top for everyone as there is no guarantee everyone will buy one.

I think however this is one where the club needs to get plans spot in with early design releases and pre ordering system. If the manufacturers can only guarantee say one bulk run, folks need to know early.

If Hibs fans want to pay us ?120 to get Seven O'Neill on our shirt, fair enough like.

Be a few months worth of their Giro to save up though.

Great stuff. We get ?120 additional revenue and it STILL comes nowhere near burying your rival's strip under a home stand & putting a curse on them which leads to at least 2 years in the Championship.

Forever in our shadow.

Not sure if its intentional timing having them for christmas, putting them up for sale at start of the season could take sales away from the home and away kits, gives us another cash boost mid season

Even if its not that nice a kit i'll buy it to keep and treat the 45 quid or whatever as a donation

Wonder if it's possible to swap adult names for kids on the shirt?

It will be the pledgers name. It would be a nightmare for them to offer alternatives.

We_are_the_Hearts

It will be the pledgers name. It would be a nightmare for them to offer alternatives.

kinda thought that, my laddies will no be chuffed with my name on it and not theirs lol

Archived