fireworks?

Commander Harris

Commander Harris

anyone know what the fireworks that just went off are for?

It's the Scottish Fireworks Championship at Ocean Terminal.

And believe it or not that is actually true.

Commander Harris

I'm starting to think Edinburgh is under seige, someone put my mind at ease!

:)

casenauskis

i thought it was little neds trying to attack my "hood" which is called silverknowes

davemclaren
It's the Scottish Fireworks Championship at Ocean Terminal.

And believe it or not that is actually true.

Sparks always fly at that!! :cool_shades:

Dave, that was terrible! :laugh:

Anyway. what the heck is a Fireworks Championship? Just randoms demonstrating their ability to set them alight or is it manufacturers showing off new fireworks? Or maybe a competition to see who can set off the nicest fireworks in the most appropriate order? I don't get it.

Three major firework companies will each put on a spectacular ten minute firework display to be judged by a panel of experts.

Or at least that what the pet care advise that came through my door says.

Christ!!

Now they're on the telly and outside at the same time.

And I'm proud to say both of my cats are ignoring it completely. Normally they sit at the window and watch them.

davemclaren

You can't hold a ( Roman ) candle to these sort of events. Local interest tends to rocket before they happen and, as long as things go with a bang, people are like jumping jacks looking for tickets. These sort of events bring a sparkle to the eyes of local businesses as the (Catherine ) wheels of commerce start to turn in a flash. :rolleyes:

I'll light the blue touch paper and retire....:wacko:

Christ!!

Now they're on the telly and outside at the same time.

And I'm proud to say both of my cats are ignoring it completely. Normally they sit at the window and watch them.

One of my dogs has taken himself downstairs to hide in a cupboard under a pile of old bed linen and probably won't come out until Tuesday. The other (female) spent the evening with front paws on window sill trying to work out what it was and where it was coming from....hehe. Takes more than a few fireworks to freak her out...

Archived