Eurovision song contest

Beverley

King of the North

Changed my mind. The woman from Ukraine is incredible, but that was a TUNE from france. And the backing singers had fake beards, which is always a bonus

Spain are stealing Latvias thunder now. Though i did like the Azerbajan dancers choice of underwear.

King of the North

Spain? What was that....

Like hugh Keevins in an Elvis wig. Terrfifying

ToadKiller Dog
Spain has to win.

Did Calum and his mate choreograph the dance moves for those dancers?

quality stuff

King of the North
She was hot

:4_1_111::4_1_111:

She was indeed.

France to win though....

I will stick my short neck out and say

Iceland

Armenia

Ukraine

as favourites.

France as an outsider along with Denmark.

UK for Nil Points.

Sweden will win. Despite her looking like a plastic surgery mishap.

Greece have a good chance as well.

shaun.lawson
Ukraine. All the way.

:dribble:

Ah - but I've always preferred women with what I'd call kind, friendly faces to drop dead gorgeous stunnas who are just a little too in your face. So I thought the Icelandic girl was more attractive, and overall, want Iceland to win - with Norway's rather sweet offering as an alternative.

Of course, it'll no doubt be yet another Eastern bloc song that wins, though. At some point, the big, wealthy broadcasters will threaten to take their ball home if this goes on: and Eurovision will be forced to listen, and change the voting system. Weirdly, a return to the old, deeply flawed juries seems preferable to allowing a mass public vote - as the latter lends itself more to politics, it would seem!

King of the North

The voting is all over the shop...

How on earth are Turkey and Russia up there... they were rank.

No justice for that French bloke.

Mrs Tazio insisted on watching this, now she is sound asleep on the settee and I'm getting carried away watching this.

I love this stuff...it's worth watching for Terry Wogan alone. Hehe.

Ireland won't get a vote this year so looks like we're properly screwed which is a shame because Andy Abrahams did an okay job. Not really a proper 'Eurovision' song though so it's not really surprising that we're not getting anywhere, even with the more traditional neutrals. The politics of the whole thing are probably the most entertaining thing about it anyway.

So...Azerbaijan, Greece, the 'bouncy little Armenian', Bosnia and Latvia were great. I have absolutely no idea why Sweden is so popular, I thought it was terrible! Quite liked Norway's offering too though.

shaun.lawson
The voting is all over the shop...

How on earth are Turkey and Russia up there... they were rank.

No justice for that French bloke.

Because they're large countries, either bordering or very near a host of others. That's it. Certainly, to judge by Wogan's comments at the end, we're very close to the Western European broadcasters just walking away in disgust: Eurovision's frankly insane decision to have televotes in every single European nation, even those which didn't qualify, has made the already ridiculous bias even worse. Because there's far, far more countries in the East than in the West - especially within the Balkans, Baltics and former Soviet Union.

The whole thing makes the SFA look like paragons of fairness and virtue. As it is, if all things were equal, I think Armenia would've walked that: they did noticeably well among those countries whom it was impossible to guess where their top marks would end up. But it's reached the stage now where I could actually predict the top three of many nations, in order: it's a farce, and as Terry said, it was Russia's 'turn' this year.

Only a Game

Anyone else think it was pretty feckin spooky that a song called "BELIEVE" sung by a Russian, won it ?

Sweden will win. Despite her looking like a plastic surgery mishap.

Yep.

Charlotte in 1999:

SUECIA-1999-Charlotte-Nilsson-Take-Me-To-Yo-resimleri-fotograflari-p_3PTS1e3Wc.jpg

Charlotte in 2008:

vinnarcharlotte.jpg

I think she should litigate.

i HATE you neo!

i would love to go to the eurovision!

last year wasn;t that good but i'd still have screamed the roof down & sold my left tit to go!

you should go and see eurobeat when it comes to Edinburgh,I seen it last year at the fringe.

Best night out I had in ages its even better than eurovision;)

you should go and see eurobeat when it comes to Edinburgh,I seen it last year at the fringe.

Seen Eurobeat last year whilst its great its not a patch on the real thing. ;)

Russia's entry this year was produced by Timbaland. After already penning one of his previous number one's.

No real surprise Russia won ;)

My dad loathes Eurovision, but took my mum to see this and he loved it.

Think I'll go this year, meant to be a good laugh.

70's Throwback
Seen Eurobeat last year whilst its great its not a patch on the real thing. ;)

Hello sailor!! :dribble:

seen it during the fringe and currently making a dress (planning stages at the mo) out of euro flags for the show (sounds mad but it'll be ok, trust me)

this was one of the best eurovisions in years though.

had high hopes for charlote neilson (now perrelli) and don't know why she didn't get more votes..

i have been backing greece, latvia and croatia for ages now, so while russia & sweden were faves, i thought it would have been far closer between them.,

i loved the old boy (75 cents) shouting randomly at the camera, also, malta singing bout vodka never made the final so its not all voddy * bosnian roses, but still bodice ripping good fun

well done the russian ice dancer

(i wanted to see \ chris boyd type incident with the dancer though ;) )

JennyJambo
this was one of the best eurovisions in years though.

i have been backing greece, latvia and croatia for ages now, so while russia & sweden were faves, i thought it would have been far closer between them.,

well done the russian ice dancer

Twas a good one!

I won't boast about my Russian cute boy winning though! :)

Instead I'll say that your Greek song was growing on me as the night went on...but I still liked Iceland more! ;)

As you were on here writing that post I was about getting up again :confused:

maltese jambo

I didn't think Russia was the best song; but when georgia and ukraine give Russia 12 points its a stick on fix; since russia has been threatening these countries politically and economically recently.

Having said that it was good to see that countries such as azerbaijan and armenia (small countries) doing well....

The UK got what it deserved....dire song and i hope Terry Woganwas sincere when he said this may be his last Eurovision...im just a bit sick of his ignorance now.

Archived