10000 BC

Norm

Anyone else watching this?

One of those social experiment reality programmes. 20 folk spending 2 months living in the stone age. One old dear in her 60s didn't even make it to the camp and another guy jacked it after the first night.

Not sure if this could be interesting or shite. I'm hoping interesting but suspect it'll be shite.

Edit - FFS. Some stone age. Their f?rs got maggots on day 2 so they've given them blankets.

Bridge of Djoum

''Reality'' TV is about as detached from reality as you could imagine. 

It really is about as low as entertainment can go. I find it tragic people waste chunks of their lives watching this utter dross.

My post count is low, so I can't be accused of wasting my life on JKB just yet! :innocent:

It really is about as low as entertainment can go. I find it tragic people waste chunks of their lives watching this utter dross.

My post count is low, so I can't be accused of wasting my life on JKB just yet! :innocent:

To be fair, I would struggle to find anything on TV that is close to reality. Outside of the news and perhaps documentaries.

I don't think many people take these shows as complete reality when they are watching them, it's just anther form of entertainment.

Just becuase you don't enjoy it doesn't mean that people are wasting their lives. If that was the case then I'd say people were wasting their lives hillwalking as I don't enjoy it, which simply isn't the case.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I have a vague recolection of something similar being shown in the seventies. I was very young at the time but somehow memory of bare nips comes flooding back.

Bridge of Djoum

To be fair, I would struggle to find anything on TV that is close to reality. Outside of the news and perhaps documentaries.

I don't think many people take these shows as complete reality when they are watching them, it's just anther form of entertainment.

Just becuase you don't enjoy it doesn't mean that people are wasting their lives. If that was the case then I'd say people were wasting their lives hillwalking as I don't enjoy it, which simply isn't the case.

Hill walking is a fantastic form of exercise though. It gives something back.

Reality TV gives zero. It just isn't entertainment.

Carl Spackler

To be fair, I would struggle to find anything on TV that is close to reality. 

I can help you out there.

I watched the Hearts match on BBC Alba on Saturday night. From personal witness accounts given on here I would say the weight of opinion is that BBC did actually show "reality".

I can help you out there.

I watched the Hearts match on BBC Alba on Saturday night. From personal witness accounts given on here I would say the weight of opinion is that BBC did actually show "reality".

Good point.

However I'm more getting at the point that If someone enjoys watching these programs then why should it be deemed that they are wasting their life away. The vast majority of entertainment programs are on tv for that very purpose, to entertain. Not everyone has the same taste and if someone prefers to sit in and watch a bit of celebrity big brother instead of the football then that's their choice. It isn't going to have a negative effect on their life anymore than anything else might. I know my fingernails take a hit watching hearts and don't if I decide to watch "I'm a celebrity get me out of here"! Lol!

itsnomarooned

I have a vague recolection of something similar being shown in the seventies. I was very young at the time but somehow memory of bare nips comes flooding back.

Me too - this probably (though don't recall the name) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_in_the_Past_(TV_series)

I remember being particularly interested 'cos there was boobs on show (not very attractive ones it has to be said!)

All roads lead to Gorgie

Me too - this probably (though don't recall the name) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_in_the_Past_(TV_series)

I remember being particularly interested 'cos there was boobs on show (not very attractive ones it has to be said!)

I think that was the programme and maybe you were right about the boobs being not in the best of shape but to me at the time it was. :vrwow:

Carl Spackler

Good point.

However I'm more getting at the point that If someone enjoys watching these programs then why should it be deemed that they are wasting their life away. The vast majority of entertainment programs are on tv for that very purpose, to entertain. Not everyone has the same taste and if someone prefers to sit in and watch a bit of celebrity big brother instead of the football then that's their choice. It isn't going to have a negative effect on their life anymore than anything else might. I know my fingernails take a hit watching hearts and don't if I decide to watch "I'm a celebrity get me out of here"! Lol!

TBH I hadn't properly comprehended the point you were making and I kind of agree with you.

Forget these programmes though, it's soaps that are the scurge. Eastenders and the like. The equivalent of the songs written to appease the Proles in 1984 if you ask me.

I'm watching this now off the back of this thread.

Nice boots they had back in the day.

I'm watching this now off the back of this thread.

Nice boots they had back in the day.

They had to give them shoes as people's feet back then would've been like thick leather.

Can't expect folks feet to evolve in 2 months :laugh:

All roads lead to Gorgie

They had to give them shoes as people's feet back then would've been like thick leather.

The old methylated spirit rubbed on the soles for a couple of weeks would have done the trick though.

:facepalm:

Load of crap, surely the pastos tolerance to eating Shan meat was also better then? Does this mean they'll get poncy mince delivered?

:facepalm:

Load of crap, surely the pastos tolerance to eating Shan meat was also better then? Does this mean they'll get poncy mince delivered?

Dunno like, think a freshly killed dear is as good meat as you're going to get! :laugh:

They don't have a clue though folk just shitting all over the place and that. No chance I'd last in an experiment like that.

Tell me about your 'hot' life, tell me.  Take it you own an xbox yeh?

Bridge of Djoum

Tell me about your 'hot' life, tell me.  Take it you own an xbox yeh?

I don't no. Or a Play station. I rarely watch TV. I prefer to see friends and family, travel, find out more about my adopted city and country. Spend time reading to my daughter.

You know, the enriching things in life. 

You seem angry or frustrated mate, need to talk about it?

Edit.

Just looked through some of your previous posts, You do seem quite angry, and argumentative. 

portobellojambo1

Dunno like, think a freshly killed dear is as good meat as you're going to get! :laugh:

They don't have a clue though folk just shitting all over the place and that. No chance I'd last in an experiment like that.

I'm hoping you meant a freshly killed deer, rather than a freshly killed dear, unless you've inadvertently revealed a fetish for barbecuing sweet, old grannies.

I'm hoping you meant a freshly killed deer, rather than a freshly killed dear, unless you've inadvertently revealed a fetish for barbecuing sweet, old grannies.

:look:

Jodie-and-Josie-in-10000--012.jpg

:rofl:

:look:

:ruiner:

I don't no. Or a Play station. I rarely watch TV. I prefer to see friends and family, travel, find out more about my adopted city and country. Spend time reading to my daughter.

You know, the enriching things in life. 

You seem angry or frustrated mate, need to talk about it?

Edit.

Just looked through some of your previous posts, You do seem quite angry, and argumentative. 

The details of my life are quite inconsquential. 

And they've all been fed and watered..

I had to laugh. The producer, when deciding whether or not to intervene went "Look this experiment is not to starve people, but to see if they can survive, living as they did in 10,000 BC"

Well if you have to intervene and give them food then the answer is clearly NO. Experiment over.

Archived