The Scottish FA

S.N.T.H.

Sums them up that they're incapable of getting any sort of sponsorship for the Scottish Cup. There's not even any sponsorship on the hoardings at the side of the park.

Very unusual for a country's flagship tournament.

Rawrrrrrrr
Sums them up that they're incapable of getting any sort of sponsorship for the Scottish Cup. There's not even any sponsorship on the hoardings at the side of the park.

Very unusual for a country's flagship tournament.

Its costing them 1.25M alone for the prize money, not to forget the other monies they are losing for not having a sponser

Its quite sad really that our national tournament is such a joke

It needs major revitalisation

Part of me thinks we should make it a free for all for all junior and amatuer teams and hopefully increase the romance and shock factor ala the FA cup which undoubtadly makes it as popular as it is

Whatever happens we can't let it go as it is or no one will sponsor it and we will be losing over a million a year which could be better spent than boosting the OF's balance sheets

Surely they were able to recoup some of the money through hoardings, instead of putting their name all over the place. It's asthough they're trying to prove a point.

They need Fireworks Phil.

Rawrrrrrrr
Surely they were able to recoup some of the money through hoardings, instead of putting their name all over the place. It's asthough they're trying to prove a point.

They need Fireworks Phil.

I think its a case of there seeking a sole major sponser as opposed to smaller ones and thought that plastering small ones all over the place may have ruined there chances of doing this

Tbh even fireworks couldnt make the scottish cup sound appealing

We got lucky that tennants felt they owed us something for so long and never pulled the plug sooner

Im sure we did get a few offers but the SFA turned them down for financial reasons

They clearly overvalue the tournament

I can see it being sponserless long term

The answer is get rid of all the "jobs for the boys (bhoys ?) brigade" and bring in proper sports related business men like phil anderton.

I am now thinking what a brilliant job the late great Wallace Mercer would have done sorting out the shambles that is the sfa/spl.

John Findlay

I wonder how the Scottish cup survived for over one hundred years without sponsorship.

It doesnt need sponsoring.

John

Rawrrrrrrr
I wonder how the Scottish cup survived for over one hundred years without sponsorship.

It doesnt need sponsoring.

John

So you dont think the SFA could find a better use of 1.25M they had to pay out in prize money?

Not to mention any other monies they get through sponsership

I am sure grassroots football, or refeeing education could do with an extra million a year

One good thing to come from having no official sponsor is that there would be an extra couple of thousand tickets available for the fans of the teams taking part.

Archived