Scottish cup final thread.

japanjambo

Why the need for all the segregation?

Surely there isn't going to be any trouble?

Buffalo Bill

Shouldn't worry about Queens and just segregate the Rangers fans from themselves!

Cracking game....3-2 :sad:

Rawrrrrrrr

New GK needed I think

Jamie Macdonald is certainly a good shot stopper but his decisions and reactions are poor

I think the first division and QOTS are his level

Don't think he has what it takes to play SPL opposition every week

New GK needed I think

Jamie Macdonald is certainly a good shot stopper but his decisions and reactions are poor

For christsake, that's why he's there, to learn. Hard as it is to believe for you all players don't reach their full potential before they are 20.

Rawrrrrrrr
For christsake, that's why he's there, to learn. Hard as it is to believe for you all players don't reach their full potential before they are 20.

He's now actually 22

Yes there is still time for him to improve but I don't feel he looks and have felt it all season a Top SPL Keeper which is what we need

I think QOTS is about his level

As said he is an excellent shot stopper, but other parts of his game are lacking and these are big liabilities at SPL level

I would be tempted to move him on, I certainly wouldn't be going into a new season with him as no1

New GK needed I think

So it's generally accepted that GKs don't reach their prime until late 20's/early 30s and you're prepared to write him off ten years early? You're either mind-blowingly prescient or just blowing out of somewhere else.

Rawrrrrrrr
So it's generally accepted that GKs don't reach their prime until late 20's/early 30s and you're prepared to write him off ten years early? You're either mind-blowingly prescient or just blowing out of somewhere else.

True but that doesn't mean you hold onto every keeper until their 30 just in case

At the end of the day its an opinion but for me Jamie Macdonald is not good enough for were hearts should be (top end of the SPL, competing for cups and in europe)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

If it wasn't for Cuellar Rangers would be in serious trouble.

Outstanding defender. Can only pray he moves to the Premiership in the summer.

lets see if the old magic still works...

queens, yer pish and cannae score in a bucket of fan knees!

monkfish1979
True but that doesn't mean you hold onto every keeper until their 30 just in case

At the end of the day its an opinion but for me Jamie Macdonald is not good enough for were hearts should be (top end of the SPL, competing for cups and in europe)

You must be great fun at parties, man. Nothing to do with his defence, is it? I suppose Craig Gordon's pish as well. He's let in a few this season.....

Buffalo Bill

Oh my god!

A small furry animal has been murdered and placed onto the upper lip of Kris Boyd!

Buffalo Bill

cannae score in a bucket of fan knees!

Oh dear. :sad:

Finishing school didn't work for you Bev. :rolleyes:

Prancer.

The vampire of threads.

Find something where most people are in agreement and then pop up with controversial nonsense and ruin it.

Rawrrrrrrr
You must be great fun at parties, man. Nothing to do with his defence, is it? I suppose Craig Gordon's pish as well. He's let in a few this season.....

I haven't even mentioned goals conceded

I simply think Macdonald does not look good enough to take hearts to were we should be as first choice keeper

A top keeper saves you points in a season, for me Macdonald looks more likely to lose points than save points

I would be pretty dissapointed if we do not recruit a proven upper level SPL keeper before the start of next season

Macdonald has a year left on his contract, I would be tempted to look for an SPL loan next year and if he proves himself in the SPL - which i suspect he wont - then renew him as our first choice

Buffalo Bill

Hard lines Queens. Well played.

Buffalo Bill

ach well

they ought to be really proud of themselves cos they gave rangers a game and a half. 2 goals at the start of the second half got them back in the game

unlucky lads

Well done Queens. A good team effort and a pride to their league.

And Gordon Chisholm managed it without looking like a window display from the Tartan Gift Shop.

monkfish1979
I haven't even mentioned goals conceded

I simply think Macdonald does not look good enough to take hearts to were we should be as first choice keeper

A top keeper saves you points in a season, for me Macdonald looks more likely to lose points than save points

I would be pretty dissapointed if we do not recruit a proven upper level SPL keeper before the start of next season

Macdonald has a year left on his contract, I would be tempted to look for an SPL loan next year and if he proves himself in the SPL - which i suspect he wont - then renew him as our first choice

Ok then. You're the expert.... :confused:

Personally, I'll let somebody qualified make these decisions. I just watch the games.

Buffalo Bill

Great day for 'Alarm Systems'.

Buffalo Bill

monkfish1979
Great day for 'Alarm Systems'.

Buffalo Bill

:107years:

They'll be reaping it.

Coisty and Walter are doing the most miserable version of 'delighted' that I've ever seen....

ToadKiller Dog

Almost did it ,a wee bit more belief they could have nicked that.

Prancer you need to accept that you just did not have the talent to make it ,you need to move on.

BoJack Horseman

Sorry if it's been mentione, but wtf is with Boyds 'tache?

Charlie-Brown

Not many Keepers play in Scottish Cup Finals at MacDonald's age - either way it will be a valuable learning experience for him.

monkfish1979

To be fair, Pinky and the Brain have finished the season with a slim victory over a team that's worth approximately one billionth of one of their players transfer value. They must feel special.

Well done Queens.

JennyJambo

Hard Lines Queens.

Let's hope Rangers lose Cuellar and keep Davie Weir for next season.

Ray Winstone

Missed the second goal scored by Rangers - bit of a shocker from McDonald - should have saved that.

Winning goal - a taller keeper might have got to.

Queens were very unlucky today - almost spoiled the party for Rangers.

Good final - well played Queens.

rudi must stay
Not many Keepers play in Scottish Cup Finals at MacDonald's age - either way it will be a valuable learning experience for him.

thought he had a decent game tbh couldn't do much with any of the goals and made a great save to stop that **** getting his hat-trick. Is he the answer though, i'm not sure..

John Findlay

Jamie MacDonald wont be Hearts goalkeeper. That lad hasn't got the natural talent. I thought he could have saved Beasley's effort.

I cant think of a Scottish Cup final in my lifetime where both sets of supporters were so subdued at the final whistle.

John

colinmaroon
Missed the second goal scored by Rangers - bit of a shocker from McDonald - should have saved that.

Agree totally with your assessment!!!

rudi must stay

no keeper could have got to that, there was so much power on it and he was about 3 yards out.

crazy_jambo_2006

I think a final in which his team are playing against a massively superior club seems a bit soon to judge the lad. What did you expect him to do? Win the Cup? Admittedly Queens were close, but it wasn't really ever going to happen.

The 2nd goal should've been cleared by the Queens defence. It wasn't. Maybe with better defenders in front of him (no disrespect intended to QotS, who I thought did very well to compete during the game) he would do better with the 2nd goal.

-----------------

Archived