When (If) McGhee Comes - Will Your Opinion of VR Change ?

Guest GhostHunter

When (If) McGhee Comes - Will Your Opinion of VR Change ?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. When (If) McGhee Comes - Will Your Opinion of VR Change ?

Guest GhostHunter

Straight forward poll, yes, no or undecided..

Base your vote on what you percieve to have happened in MM coming in and taking over the club, not what has happened in the past.

I.e - Has McGhee come in after agreeing with VR that he only he will have control over the team(yes)..or, will nothing change and VR will still exert influence over the team meaning McGhee is only chasing the readies (no), or, undecided....

My opinion FWIW, is that McGhee has agreed (or will) to come after VR has agreed to back off from exerting influence on team selection etc, given, MM is not a Yes Man, and apparantly, will not stand for interfering owners telling him what to do. If VR wanted another puppet to control, the last man he would have chosen, is a manager predominantly in the press just now from the same league...he'd have gone East and appointed a Cronie we know nothing about, nor be able to base opinions on a percieved affiliation to VR...

As the old saying goes - MM coming in, COULD be the start of something good...

PresidentRomanov

My opinion of Mr Romanov hasn't changed from day one.

I still say he's the best thing that's ever happened to us.

vegas-voss

Well lets see.

It will be the first time he has done any kind of business in a postive way for Hearts with an other Spl club so there is a start.

Ray Winstone

I have gone undecided.

Give it a season under Mghee and see what happens with regards to the Romanovs and their interference.

As much as I would like to believe it would be a fresh start I cant help thinking - A leapord never changes its spots.

Guest GhostHunter

He probably is, however it's just some of his, um, decisions that have been a bit flaky.

alwaysthereinspirit

May 2009. We've finished at least third in the league. Two good cup runs and not one story in the news about a fax machine.

I have gone undecided.

Give it a season under Mghee and see what happens with regards to the Romanovs and their interference.

As much as I would like to believe it would be a fresh start I cant help thinking - A leapord never changes its spots.

What he said.

My opinion of VR hasn't changed, nor will it when (if) the announcement of MM is made.

I do think will have to stop his interference as MM wouldn't agree to come near us if he wasn't prepared to stop but i still think he's a ****** for putting me through two seasons of pish.

I reserve the right to change my mind about him if he win the league next season. ;)

Midloth_Iain

It may be in MM's contract but with a man like VR there is no real guarantee he will let him get on with job.

There will always be the worry that Mr Unpredictable will have one of his crazy turns 6 weeks in, 4 months in or 1 year in to Mc Ghee's reign.

I will always be nervous of what VR will do next, he has taught us that this is how he operates.

It COULD be the start of something good, who knows with Vlad :cool:

PresidentRomanov
He probably is, however it's just some of his, um, decisions that have been a bit flaky.

There's no doubt about that, but we'd still be alot worse off without him, and hopefully, it's looking like he's seeing the error of his ways.

vegas-voss
May 2009. We've finished at least third in the league. Two good cup runs and not one story in the news about a fax machine.

First coople of dodgy results we get the fax machine quote will be rolled out wether true or not it's just easy journalism.

Guest GhostHunter
There's no doubt about that, but we'd still be alot worse off without him, and hopefully, it's looking like he's seeing the error of his ways.

Equally, it would appear that he is actually listening now to those around whom he trusts...

PresidentRomanov
PB - Special new poll option, just for you !

Thank you, wonder who the one vote is from :)

Undecided

Get the feeling, mad vlad will want to be involved in transfers.

Hopefully team selection he sticks his orr out.

vegas-voss
Undecided

Get the feeling, mad vlad will want to be involved in transfers.

Hopefully team selection he sticks his orr out.

I don't think there is a problem with Vlad getting involved in transfers ie going to McGhee and saying take a look at this player my contacts have reccomended as long as the final decision on a player lies with McGhee or any other manager who may come in.

Guest JamboRobbo

It gives me hope.

if Mcghee is then allowed to manage, and pick the team etc, then yes, i'd be happy.

Buffalo Bill

I would reluctantly say yes, my opinion would change.

For me, the answer is in the question: change.

He will have demonstrated a willingness to change.

Buffalo Bill

Jam Tarts 1874

It's all about the long term viability of the club. I was certain that he would deliver on this key issue and as far as I can see, he and UKIO are going to deliver.

Staying at a re-developed Tynecastle gives Hearts a solid platform for many, many years to come.

Cardiac Rucksack

My opinion hasnt really changed since he got here still suspicious but I have never though he was the devil incarnate many would have you believe. Made some massive mistakes but hopefuly he has finally learnt from these and we canmove forward as a club

scott herbertson

I voted no

I am already optimistic about Romanov's intentions so nothing much changes for me

Geoff Kilpatrick

I voted no, simply because I feel my current scepticism is healthy.

What he said.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Very early for a question like this.

I hope it shows he's willing to change - that's about as enthusiastic as I can be before he actually demonstrates it.

There are a couple of real, solid tests to come:

1 - When McGhee tells Zal, Iva etc to get tae. And;

2 - When the fans treat McGhee like some sort of messiah because we've waited so long for somebody in his position. How will Vlad like that?

To be fair though, so far it's a move I didn't think Romanov was capable of making.

But your question is really premature. I could just as easily and relevantly ask - will you have had enough of Romanov if McGhee is sacked for not complying with Vlad's wishes?

Difficult question, and mostly because my opinion of him tends to change fairly often depending on what sort of mischief he's orchestrating....But I voted yes, because I will think differently of him if this happens. I'll think of him in a more positive light, that's for sure.

Spellczech

Of course. What?s the point in having taking an intractable stance? That would make me like an OF traditionalist. I supported Vlad when he arrived, stuck by him for a long time hoping there was some method in his madness, lost faith in him this season but that can all change again.

If he appointed SAF, bought Wayne Rooney and leveled Easter Road my opinion of him as a Grade A teapot will never change....well maybe the last one.

It won't change. Even if McGhee takes over, and Vlad agrees to relinquish control, I would imagine their relationship will be somewhat volatile, although one I'm sure McGhee will tolerate in exchange for a huge salary.

Even then, what if the team doesn't start well? Vlad's sacked managers when we were top of the league, he'll sure as hell do it if we're not, especially an emerging managerial talent in Scotland who has an affection for Celtic.

I want to believe it will work, I really do, but something tells me even if Romanov grudgingly hands McGhee the reigns he wont be here for long.

Buffalo Bill
Of course. What?s the point in having taking an intractable stance? That would make me like an OF traditionalist. I supported Vlad when he arrived, stuck by him for a long time hoping there was some method in his madness, lost faith in him this season but that can all change again.

I think you make a very good point there, Spellczech.

There's a mentality of internet forums that one must hold a certain opinion and stick with it.

But real life isn't like that. I can can be happy with Vlad in Aug 2005, just like he can infuriate me in Dec 2007.

I don't owe Vlad my love. I just want to see a winning Hearts team.

Buffalo Bill

davemclaren
It won't change. Even if McGhee takes over, and Vlad agrees to relinquish control, I would imagine their relationship will be somewhat volatile, although one I'm sure McGhee will tolerate in exchange for a huge salary.

Even then, what if the team doesn't start well? Vlad's sacked managers when we were top of the league, he'll sure as hell do it if we're not, especially an emerging managerial talent in Scotland who has an affection for Celtic.

I want to believe it will work, I really do, but something tells me even if Romanov grudgingly hands McGhee the reigns he wont be here for long.

Have we a better realistic option? :confused:

Buffalo Bill

This is my biggest fear too.

Buffalo Bill

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

My opinion of Vlad will not change now or ever.

I would like to think that he has genuinely decided to listen to Campbell Ogilvie, Charlie Mann, the fans or whoever and the result is bringing in a real manager with no interference. The real reason will probably be more intricate than that. Maybe, as some believe he is only a front man and the real backers have ordered him to sort out the problem as they have a lot of cash to invest, I simply do not believe that he has had a sudden epiphany overnight, as he has shown in the past that it is his way or the highway.

Whatever the reason, all I hope and pray for is that someone like Mark McGhee, who is probably the best manager in the Scotland right now (apart from George Burley!) IS brought in, IS given assurances of non interference and IS allowed to manage us properly.

I want to have renewed my season ticket by next week this time. McGhee's appointment will be the signal I am looking for. If he is appointed and Vlad's feck's it up ala Burley, that will be the end for many regarding Vladimir Romanov.

Do The Dance

I voted 'no'. It won't change my current opinion of him, but in the future if McGhee is left to do his job then it most certainly will. For what it's worth, my opinion is that Romanov will not allow him to do his job to the best of his ability, and will interfere. Prove me wrong Mr. Romanov, I beg of you...

:o

I have gone undecided.

Ditto.

If MM is at Tynie at the start of the 2009-10 Season and work has started on the new stand then I'd gladly change it to "Yes".

Nucky Thompson

My opinion hasn't changed:) As far as I'm concerned he is the saviour of Hearts. A wee bit cultural difficulties need ironed out, but IMO he is the man to take us forward.

Guest GhostHunter
If he is appointed and Vlad's feck's it up ala Burley, that will be the end for many regarding Vladimir Romanov.

I think, that will be the end of Romanov to be honest.

My opinion hasn't changed:) . A wee bit cultural difficulties need ironed out, but IMO he is the man to take us forward.

Same for me.

My opinion hasn't changed:)

If that really is the truth then your a Vlad fan not a hearts fan IMO.

My own view is i am undecided. If VR allows MM and any subsequent manager to do his job then yes my opinion will change. At the moment i am of the opinion that VR has seen the light and will allow the manager to manage. He has taken a huge step in the right direction.

PresidentRomanov
If that really is the truth then your a Vlad fan not a hearts fan IMO

What a strange thing to come out with :confused:

I would guess - like me - the reason he likes Mr Romanov, is because of what he's done for Hearts, don't you think?

Everyone seems to have forgotten what he actually has done for our club.

saved us yes!!!!

gave us a cup yes!!!!!!

had a sniff at champions league yes!!!!!!

has my view changed........................ only if he changes and brings in someone who will bring us forward Burley style and i think MM is the man to do this IMO.

Not changed, yet.

Will only change if McGhee comes in and is allowed to actually get on with the job. For all we know he could get sacked Burley (if he is even appointed in the first place) style in 10 games time.

Rudolf's Mate

Undecided!!!

Reason being is that I want to see whoever comes in having 2 or 3 seasons bringing in the players that he wants & picking the team he wants. Only then will I start to believe again!

What a strange thing to come out with :confused:

I would guess - like me - the reason he likes Mr Romanov, is because of what he's done for Hearts, don't you think?

Everyone seems to have forgotten what he actually has done for our club.

Other side of the coin is how can you forget the past 2 years ? he didnt say he liked him said his opinion had not changed. How can your opinion of the man not have changed after the sackings, appointments, lies, players bought and sold ?

I am not saying it is wrong to back VR but surely his opinion must have altered slightly during the past 2 years. If not then the man can do wrong in his eyes and is vlad fan first hearts fan 2nd. Just my opinion on what was posted. :)

I'm with Picky Bum on this. It's easy to forget what Mr Romanov has done for Heart of Midlothian FC.

He has kept us at Tynecastle.

He has meddled/interfered his way to a Scottish Cup win and entry into the Champions League.

It seems Hearts fans are not happy unless they're unhappy.

Nucky Thompson
Other side of the coin is how can you forget the past 2 years ? How can your opinion of the man not have changed after the sackings, appointments, lies, players bought and sold ?

I am not saying it is wrong to back VR but surely his opinion must have altered slightly during the past 2 years. If not then the man can do wrong in his eyes and is vlad fan first hearts fan 2nd. Just my opinion on what was posted. :)

I'm a Hearts fan First:cool: I hated the pieman, I hated Mercer(eventually) but this man saved my football club:rolleyes: He was asked to come in, he saved Tynie from the bulldozers, he won us a cup and split the OF. I know he isn't perfect, but that is do do with his culture:cool: I have a lot of respect for the guy and hand on heart, I know he can make this football club great:)

Toxteth O'Grady
I'm a Hearts fan First:cool: I hated the pieman, I hated Mercer(eventually) but this man saved my football club:rolleyes: He was asked to come in, he saved Tynie from the bulldozers, he won us a cup and split the OF. I know he isn't perfect, but that is do do with his culture:cool: I have a lot of respect for the guy and hand on heart, I know he can make this football club great:)

I'm kind of with you on this Boo, I recognise what he has done, he can do it, I hope he will, but I still have doubts.

Time will tell

Other side of the coin is how can you forget the past 2 years ? he didnt say he liked him said his opinion had not changed. How can your opinion of the man not have changed after the sackings, appointments, lies, players bought and sold ?

He may have an opinion like mine, where i understand that VR is human and will make mistakes.

He will do/has done good things and he will do/has done bad things and he will continue to make some great decisions and some poor ones*. I do not expect just because we install MM that VR will no longer make any errors along the way.

As others have said he is from a different culture, he will try things differently (like challenging the old firm), some will work, some will not, he will try also to incorporate some things from our culture (like critisising the GFA etc) somethings are liked and supported others will not be.

*I think this is the case for most people in life.

colinmaroon

My opinion of Vlad is still the same!

He saved us!

He's a typical self-made business man, which means there are many things which are "unattractive", to put it mildly!

My opinion of his methods, as far as running the team is concerned, have changed, and all I wish for is for him to let a manager run the team!!!

I still have reservations about the end game but there's no evidence, business wise, to substantiate any fears - and so I will continue to give him the benefit of the doubt there!

I'm kind of with you on this Boo, I recognise what he has done, he can do it, I hope he will, but I still have doubts.

Time will tell

Top username.

You should have the World's stickiest Bogie as your avatar.

Archived