"Football hooligan raids carried out"

tartofmidlothian

BRAVEHEART1874

Saw some of them on the news last night trying to hide there faces :) hope it's the same for any hooligans at the semi ;)

We_are_the_Hearts

Yet there was 1 arrest at Ibrox the other Friday..........................that's all the cowards are good for these days, arresting folk after events, too cowardly to sort it out as it's happening..............

All roads lead to Gorgie

Saw some of them on the news last night trying to hide there faces :) hope it's the same for any hooligans at the semi ;)

The way they are biging up the Sunday game " The whole world is watching " they will need to call in Interpol for that.!

Jambof3tornado

Yet there was 1 arrest at Ibrox the other Friday..........................that's all the cowards are good for these days, arresting folk after events, too cowardly to sort it out as it's happening..............

Ridiculous post. Capturing video evidence and raiding homes after the event is a proven technique. How many coppers do you think would be needed to plough into 2000 football fans to make 1 arrest?

Different if life is in danger.

Ridiculous post. Capturing video evidence and raiding homes after the event is a proven technique. How many coppers do you think would be needed to plough into 2000 football fans to make 1 arrest?

Exactly

Back in the 70s and 80s I remember 20 or 30 police trying to enter The Shed at Tynecastle and also at other places like Firhill, Tannadice or Rugby Park to arrest the occasional Hearts supporting wrong doer and it never ending well......"police hat frisbee" anyone?

and very few fans, if anyone ever seemed to get lifted.

They seem capable amongst Hearts fans at Celtic Park...

where were they when the Hearts fan got battered outside Ibrox?

Exactly

Back in the 70s and 80s I remember 20 or 30 police trying to enter The Shed at Tynecastle and also at other places like Firhill, Tannadice or Rugby Park to arrest the occasional Hearts supporting wrong doer and it never ending well......"police hat frisbee" anyone?

Same with games at ER. Usually the police end up retreating out the Dunbar End.

Seymour M Hersh

I wonder if they (Police Strathclyde) will be as pro-active before Sundays game? Perhaps they don't have the man-power for thousands of dawn raids around Scotland.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Soapy Soutar, Fat Boab and the Gasworks Gang arrested in Dundee.

I hear the Broons and Oor Wullie have gone on the run!

:facepalm:

Not this again, I thought we'd already done this one to death?? Clearly not it seems.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Latest is there hiding oot at the But 'n Ben safehoose

PC Murdoch is on to them in his new role for Polis Scotland.

Jambof3tornado

Read the last line of my post. Inexcusable that they decided to protect property over people!

Read the last line of my post. Inexcusable that they decided to protect property over people!

I was agreeing with you :-(

Exactly

I can assure you fans got lifted

I hear the Broons and Oor Wullie have gone on the run!

he wisnae on his bucket ootside the hoose so the polis knew right away.

Those were the days when to join the police you had to be of a minimum height. TV coverage from Ibrox showed a front line of women constables probably not more than 5ft tall.  These days due to under-manning the police rely on video evidence to identify the hooligans on a one-by-one basis rather than wading into the group. . 

Spitonastranger

They seem ok about going into peaceful demonstrations and corralling 100's for hours, battering people walking away and denying it, but can't go into a football crowd who are attacking stewards or food kiosks :uhoh2:

luckyBatistuta

Exactly

aaah...those were the days :brucey: 

The Real Maroonblood

Probably off to the Masonic lodge.

Big Slim Stylee

Is it not a bit rich that coming from you?:)

Oh I know, but it was never really in the numbers that I would have thought justified the police wading in.

I remember one particular game against Motherwell in the old 1st Division when about 20 PCs entered the shed to catch a coin thrower and pulled out one youngish teenager and three of their fairly battered and bruised colleagues who'd got trapped against the wall of the toilets and couldn't get out easily....I can see why they stopped doing it although in these days of seated grounds you would think it would be easier

Archived