Development League - Hearts v Inverness (2PM)

Homme

Hearts never looked troubled today with Oliver, Holt and both Smiths looking good. Gallagher never stopped talking to the back four and his distribution was very good. Jake Hutchings had a good game but not ready yet for the 1st team. Enjoyable Tuesday afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the Hearts way

Society for Cutting Up Men.

Tin hat on. Thought LALAH

was my piss take. Skived school today to go to game. LALAH

HHGH1874

loveofthegame

Hearts never looked troubled today with Oliver, Holt and both Smiths looking good. Gallagher never stopped talking to the back four and his distribution was very good. Jake Hutchings had a good game but not ready yet for the 1st team. Enjoyable Tuesday afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How did Carrick play?

How did Carrick play?

Had a good game and scored. Did a lot of running and seemed to work well with Oliver.

By chance ended up watching most of the second half next to Mark Burchill and another guy with a red white and blue tracksuit on with a Scotland badge. The unknown guy said something about Hearts going on another run after our defeat to Falkirk when Burchill said he hoped not as Livi are playing us twice very soon. Not a surprise.

I'd assume Burchill may just be coming along to see any first teamers like Carrick, Sow etc. who've been out for a while therefore he's not too sure about.

I know Sow didn't play specifically but was just using an example. Not as if he knew the line up beforehand.

I'd assume Burchill may just be coming along to see any first teamers like Carrick, Sow etc. who've been out for a while therefore he's not too sure about.

I know Sow didn't play specifically but was just using an example. Not as if he knew the line up beforehand.

I'm less sure as he was there last week as well. If guess he's looking at players like Gallacher, Buchanan and possibly Oliver for next season.

I'm less sure as he was there last week as well. If guess he's looking at players like Gallacher, Buchanan and possibly Oliver for next season.

Maybe he was looking at an ICT player this week. 

The ICT No. 9 looked pretty decent too: worked hard, looked lively throughout*, and scored a cracking goal for them.

(*Only caught the 2nd half though...)

Maybe he was looking at an ICT player this week.

Of course, it's possible, I just think an opposing manager won't be at two consecutive Hearts games without there being a reason. I may be wrong though.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Game in the vicinity, kind of obliged to go, rather than stay in and watch the racing.

Guess The Crowd

Surprised no McGhee or McKay either as it is unlikely either of them will play this weekend.

What's the rule these days about overage players? If eligible, shouldn't Pallardo have played, given that almost everyone things he should be in the first team on Saturday? He can't have played at all recently.

Anyone know why we released the young keeper brown? Think was his name

Don't know but it does seem a bit sudden and at this team of year, when I would assume he had a contract until the summer. Unless he's got fixed up with another club, anyway good luck to the boy .

ICT were awful they didn't even try to come over the halfway line.

Bit harsh on the young JTs who played very well today and deserve a bit of credit for the football they played. First half in particular the passing and moving and tempo they played at didn't allow Caley any time to get into the game. Beith, Oliver and L Smith were very good today.

ICT were awful they didn't even try to come over the halfway line.

And yet they had the best chance of the game up to that point at 0-0

Bit harsh on the young JTs who played very well today and deserve a bit of credit for the football they played. First half in particular the passing and moving and tempo they played at didn't allow Caley any time to get into the game. Beith, Oliver and L Smith were very good today.

Im not slating our boys at all they did very well against a team that came to keep 11 men behind the ball. Sometimes you can resort to hitting it long but we didn't and kept probing until the spaces opened up. You can only beat what is in front of you which we did in a very professional manner. But we will definitely face tougher opponents in the upcoming weeks.

There is no doubt they'll have much tougher games and have already and been on the end of some heavy defeats but IMO they deserve a bit of praise for the way they played the game today. Controlled the middle of the park which they didn't against Hibs.

That was my first time watching a development game and I thought the guys played well to the 'club' system! As someone said earlier in the thread ICT didn't offer much in an attacking sense although their one goal was a cracker. Holt, Smith, Oliver, Carrick, Henderson all caught my eye.

Probably would be that. Certainly wouldn't mind a few younger players going to Livi on loan.

That was my first time watching a development game and I thought the guys played well to the 'club' system! As someone said earlier in the thread ICT didn't offer much in an attacking sense although their one goal was a cracker. Holt, Smith, Oliver, Carrick, Henderson all caught my eye.

I had to leave 15 mins into the second but up to that point I'd agree with those you listed as eye-catching.  The Smith, would be Liam, the right back surely - he made a good few supporting runs and put some dangerous crosses in.  What impressed me is that despite Oliver screaming at him for the ball on a few occasions he ignored him and and cut back, and often played a cross-field pass inside to one of the centre backs or Henderson on the left side.  All sound decisions.

Ian Smith, I thought tended to overdo the dribbling a bit, although he did score a nice goal.  Guess they both could fit the bill, in hindsight.  Still, bodes well.

The Apprentice

Picture above- pretty sure that is Gary Kirk in a Hearts jacket. Has he been handed a role at the club?

No surprise that we have started doing better in these games (the last two anyway!) when fielding what actually represents a proper reserve team. Hasn't been case a lot of the time over the last year or so.

Gary Kirk is one of the scouts I believe.

jamboinglasgow

Probably would be that. Certainly wouldn't mind a few younger players going to Livi on loan.

Would be good for them to get game time, though be honest, the players most ready to play championship football are already away on loan or unable to be loaned out to another club.

Was going to add that whilst there I couldn't for the life of me remember the name of the Inverness coach - played CF for Aberdeen (decent player for the sheep) in the early nineties, then finally sussed on the way home - Duncan Shearer.  Knew he had a more famous namesake who played the same position but it just wouldn't come to the fore at the time.

I only caught the first half, but I thought Beith strolled through the game and looked really composed.

I completely agree. However, there are only a few that are probably ready for the same league as us.

Hamilton

Smith

Beith

Oliver

Buchanan

All unavailable. Leaving

Gallacher

Henderson

Hutchings

Page

I Smith

Hutchings is only here six months so that doesn't make sense, Page and Smith are likely not ready IMO. Worth noting that Gallacher didn't play against Hibs.

By chance ended up watching most of the second half next to Mark Burchill and another guy with a red white and blue tracksuit on with a Scotland badge. The unknown guy said something about Hearts going on another run after our defeat to Falkirk when Burchill said he hoped not as Livi are playing us twice very soon. Not a surprise.

What did the SFA guy look like. The South East sfa development officer takes the Heriot watt team. Could be him. Burchill at 2 games, probably with the upcoming double header, doubt we're loaning anyone out.

Archived