Fernando Ricksen (donation link added)

The Great Khali

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have every sympathy for anyone who has this horrible disease as it is dreadful watching someone wasting away with it but all this money collecting for him does not sit quite right with me.

He made millions out of the game including screwing the UK taxpayer through dodgy EBT's, will this money be used to pay back his "loans"?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18148818

I have every sympathy for anyone who has this horrible disease as it is dreadful watching someone wasting away with it but all this money collecting for him does not sit quite right with me.

He made millions out of the game including screwing the UK taxpayer through dodgy EBT's, will this money be used to pay back his "loans"?

Think the money is going to the charity.

The money he's raising is going to MND Scotland and the Rangers Charity Foundation I believe.

The money we raise will go to MND Scotland.

I bunged in a donation, a very worthy cause and like others have posted, it was heartbreaking to see what this disease has done to Fernando.  I wouldn't wish that fate on my worst enemy.

You really need to read this thread properly.

Blackford Hearts

That's me donated too. Let's keep this going and show why Jambos are the best fans.

?435.00 Total Donations

?500.00 Total Goals

?65.00 Still Needed

I was talking about the benefit match as well.

Fair enough. I think half of the money from the game was going to his daughter and him? Is that what you take exception to?

That's me donated too. Let's keep this going and show why Jambos are the best fans.

?435.00 Total Donations

?500.00 Total Goals

?65.00 Still Needed

Tremendous gesture on your part mate.  :2thumbsup:  :2thumbsup:

Fair enough. I think half of the money from the game was going to his daughter and him? Is that what you take exception to?

See my first post in this thread.

I saw the thread and on the donations tracker that we were ?10 short of target so stepped up. 

Well done everyone who has pitched in.  :2thumbsup:

Blackford Hearts

?530 raised. Brilliant. Can we hit and exceed the ?600 target over the weekend?

Blackford Hearts

It may be that we've reached as much as we are going to raise for MND this time. What's best way to close and hand over to the charity?

In response to the requests from members, we've opened a donation screen so that members can contribute to MND Scotland in acknowledgement of their respect and esteem for Fernando Ricksen.  The screen will be open for at least a week, possibly longer.  JKB will collect the donations in the first instance and then make a contribution.  JKB will cover any PayPal fees deducted from member contributions.

Please click on the Donate link just below the JKB logo near the top of the page, or click on the link below and follow the directions:

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/donate/

It may be that we've reached as much as we are going to raise for MND this time. What's best way to close and hand over to the charity?

Our plan is to leave the donation screen run for another couple of days and then close it and make the donation - but if there are different opinions about when to close this we don't mind hearing them.

MND Scotland have an online donation facility, and we'll probably use that to make the contribution. One thing we'd like to do is explicitly link our donation with this fundraising idea and with Fernando Ricksen. We're not sure if the online facility will let us do that, but if not we'll figure something out.

Is there something wrong with the link? It's bringing up an error page when I try and go on.

It's temporarily switched off.  It'll be back on later today.

Blackford Hearts

?575.00 Total Donations

?600.00 Total Goals

?25.00 Still Needed Who's going to donate?

There's no donator logo under our avatar, we can no longer see who JKBs most generour posters are anymore :(

The donator badge is back.

We could restore the list of top contributors, but one or two on the list would prefer we didn't.

The donator badge is back.

We could restore the list of top contributors, but one or two on the list would prefer we didn't.

Saw that, all we need is an opt in/out option; you dont even need to see amounts donated. Just think it looks quite cool when reading through the various threads. Just my opinion of course and no doubt other poster's might be the opposite. :) 

:cornette:

?10 donated, only ?5 to go to ?600. Take care fernando and family our thoughts are with you, horrible to see someone so young struggling like that.

Blackford Hearts

Fantastic effort from many Hearts fans to a very worthy cause:

?600.00 Total Donations

?600.00 Total Goals

0.00 Still Needed

Archived