We could be 19 clear soon

Thomaso

Just had a check on Rangers league fixtures. They play Cowdenbeath on Saturday, then do not have another league game until 13th February against Hibs, due to LC and SC ties.

In the same period we play Falkirk on Saturday, then Alloa (A) on 31st January, and Livy (A) on 7th February.

Assuming the Rangers game is not re-arranged in this period - and we continue to win these three up and coming games, we would be 19 points clear of them before they play Hibs - now that's what I call pressure!

So, if we do play the re-arranged game and win, then Hibs beat them, is that 25 clear? Assuming we drop no points!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just had a check on Rangers league fixtures. They play Cowdenbeath on Saturday, then do not have another league game until 13th February against Hibs, due to LC and SC ties.

In the same period we play Falkirk on Saturday, then Alloa (A) on 31st January, and Livy (A) on 7th February.

Assuming the Rangers game is not re-arranged in this period - and we continue to win these three up and coming games, we would be 19 points clear of them before they play Hibs - not that's what I call pressure!

They know already they are playing for second

loveofthegame

Is Livy not a at home on the 14th February?

Yes but we also play them away the week before - rearranged because we are both out the SC and they are in the Petrofac final the w/e we were due to play them.

What an opportunity.

What happened to taking one game at a time ?

Robbie and the players are taking one game at a time, however as I am not Hearts Coach or a player, I am just pointing out a nice possibility.

Is Livy not a at home on the 14th February?

Yes but I did not include that in my OP as they play Hibs on the 13th.

So, if we do play the re-arranged game and win, then Hibs beat them, is that 25 clear? Assuming we drop no points!!!

Indeed - this really is in our hands. Let's do it!

loveofthegame

What happened to taking one game at a time ?

When have supporters ever done that?! As long as the players are, which they will be, we needn't worry.

scottish_chicP

A bit of frost at Cowdenbeath on Friday would be pleasing.

I like your thinking [emoji106]

It would certainly put the pressure on rangers to try and match our results before we play them again.

I am very wary of the Falkirk game though. I never like playing them, the likes of Loy are dangerous and smart players.

loveofthegame

It would certainly put the pressure on rangers to try and match our results before we play them again.

I am very wary of the Falkirk game though. I never like playing them, the likes of Loy are dangerous and smart players.

Need to play on Saturday how we played against them last time out at Tynie.

Still by far our best performance of the season IMO.

Before the game at home I had the same feeling. We have an awful record against them, certainly away from home. 

Before the game at home I had the same feeling. We have an awful record against them, certainly away from home.

Our record isn't that bad actually.

Our record isn't that bad actually.

4 wins in 14 away games to Falkirk. 3 in 13 before this season.

BRAVEHEART1874

Somebody needs to get the results book out then not talking about this year but we have lost far too many games to falkirk it is just unbelievable defo a bogey team

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Somebody needs to get the results book out then not talking about this year but we have lost far too many games to falkirk it is just unbelievable defo a bogey team

I'd be surprised if we have lost 40% of our games v Falkirk in the last decade.

4 wins in 14 away games to Falkirk. 3 in 13 before this season.

Currently 7 games unbeaten in the league home and away.

Currently 7 games unbeaten in the league home and away.

And before that we beat them once in 7 games. (and this is Falkirk we're talking about)

Head to head, home and away over the last ten years would be an interesting stat.

From 2005-2014:

At home hearts have won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1 scoring 19 conceding 7

Away from home hearts have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 4 scoring 14 and conceding 15

Back to the OP.  I'll be amazed if we don't increase our lead over the next few weeks to 19 minimum, 25 maximum.

Totally amazed.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

From 2005-2014:

At home hearts have won 6, drawn 3 and lost 1 scoring 19 conceding 7

Away from home hearts have won 3, drawn 2 and lost 4 scoring 14 and conceding 15

Not a shortbread then, imo.

Say we played the Rangers after the Hibs game and were 22 points clear. Would the media still call it a title decider?

Nucky Thompson

Ram this thread.

There's loads like this along the same lines. I don't like to be over confident myself, but each to their own

Cast No Shadow

Win our next three games against the two bottom sides and we will be 19 points clear.

Then absolutely nobody will care about today and the hysteria which has went with it.

Archived