Collum

We_are_the_Hearts

We_are_the_Hearts

Not the rangers v hearts game? They can't announce appointments this early can they?

was told today he will be the ref

i wish jj was my dad

You're kidding?Even the GFA wouldn't make it that obvious.  

Last throw of the dice if true.

was told today he will be the ref

After the number of errors he's made recently, I highly doubt he'd be given such a high profile game as this until the dust has settled a bit (regardless of the division the match is being played in).

Not doubting what you're saying btw - just seems incredulous.

He'd be equally poor for both teams.

The worry is naturally would be if the ball jit one of our players on the chest and the crowd shouted 'penalty'

It wwil be Craig Thomson

Doubt he will get this game 3 times on the trot.

I do think however it will be one of the FIFA refs - i.e

John Beaton, Kevin Clancy, William Collum, Andrew Dallas, Bobby Madden, Steven McLean, and Craig Thomson

Looking at the Premiership next week, perhaps Hamilton v. Celtic and Ross County v. St.Mirren would need a top, top official

Hamilton v. Celtic

Aberdeen v. Dundee

Motherwell v. Kilmarnock

Ross County v. St. Mirren

St. Johnstone v. Partick Thistle

We've just had Beaton so unlikely, so perm from 5 above.

My guess?

Bobby Madden unless they think the 2 weeks is too soon for him to officiate Rangers ahead of the LC semi.

Chaka Demus & pliers

Hope the guy that told me is wrong but would be surprised

Would the guy that told you have inside knowledge? If so then how?

Whoever it is  it is TOO LATE  to have a referee make sure the Newco get an advantage. 

Lets make sure the Newhuns gat on their back, by scoring first.

If we do, they get on the newco backs.

We_are_the_Hearts

Would the guy that told you have inside knowledge? If so then how?

someone well connected with Hearts can only assume the club's get told before the announcement

John Beaton, Kevin Clancy, William Collum, Andrew Dallas, Bobby Madden, Steven McLean, and Craig Thomson

Looking at the Premiership next week, perhaps Hamilton v. Celtic and Ross County v. St.Mirren would need a top, top official

Hamilton v. Celtic

Aberdeen v. Dundee

Motherwell v. Kilmarnock

My guess?

Bobby Madden unless they think the 2 weeks is too soon for him to officiate Rangers ahead of the LC semi.

And the one think they all have in common is their close proximity to Ibrox.

Have I got this mixed up?  Collum tells Peter Houston why he disallowed a goal at half time, Robbie still waiting for a phone call about Celtic's penalty.

someone well connected with Hearts can only assume the club's get told before the announcement

Mmmm,

The refs themselves only get told around noon on Tuesday ahead of the 1pm release on the SFA web site.

We_are_the_Hearts

Mmmm,

The refs themselves only get told around noon on Tuesday ahead of the 1pm release on the SFA web site.

just need to wait and see then, really hope the person in question is talking shite

just need to wait and see then, really hope the person in question is talking shite

If you take that it's one from 7, with Thomson and Beaton most likely out for the reasons I gave.

Next level is McLean took our game against Hibs 1 week ago and Madden has the OF semi final up soon that leaves 1 from 3.

Dallas is very new to the Grade 1 list as it, so it's between Clancy and Collum.

And it is a big game and taking in to account Collum is considered our second top ref after Thomson then at a guess it would be him.

Of course with him having several high profile gaffs recently it wouldn't be fair on him to give him the game.

I'm probably talking rubbish and it will be one of Callum Murray, Crawford Allan or Brian Colvin

Jambof3tornado

Anyone that thinks gollum wont get the game due to recent mistakes knows nowt about scottish football.

Of course he will get it. With clear instructions to make sure sevco get a moral boosting win and we finish with ten men.

Thought the appointments were not made until the Monday and then posted on the SFA Web Site On the Tuesday.

Anyone that thinks gollum wont get the game due to recent mistakes knows nowt about scottish football.

Of course he will get it. With clear instructions to make sure sevco get a moral boosting win and we finish with ten men.

I God sakes is there a paranoia klaxon on KB ? If Hearts play as we know they are capable of doing then the referee will not be able to influence the outcome. If Hearts don't go and do their stuff then there is some small chance that the referee night be able to change things but Hearts have to turn up and make the game unquestionable !

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

He'd be equally poor for both teams.

The worry is naturally would be if the ball jit one of our players on the chest and the crowd shouted 'penalty'

Given the way that the hun crowds are disappearing, I suspect any audible shouts will be from the Hearts support.

Hamilton v. Celtic

Aberdeen v. Dundee

Motherwell v. Kilmarnock

My guess?

I'd settle for McLean to be honest.  Showed a bit of common sense in the derby match, not too card happy like Collum.  Although I do hope he is stronger than Thomson was against the huns at Tynie if they resort to butchery again.

Even as I typed that last sentence, I started to wonder if Thomson might actually be a decent shout.  If he has seen the two incidents which should have been reds in the the previous game, maybe he thinks he let them off lightly.  Could that influence him the other way if they try the same tactics on Friday?  Or is there no way he is red carding a Rangers player at Ibrox?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

With the game being live on TV, a much greater audience will witness his incompetant display.

Unfortunately this has never seemed to bother him before. The guy is utterly useless, and I hope it's not him.

It's absolutely outrageous that he can be appointeded for this match. His performances have been awful this season, how many times is he going to be allowed to get big decisions wrong?!

I'll tell you right now, if he referees the game on Friday there will be at least 2 sendings off!

I hope it is McLean, he did well enough in the derby.

If that wee rat gets it after all his recent **** ups then the game is a bogey.

boabyarsebiscuit

it will not be gollum

Correct. I'd be prepared to wager 50p that Collum won't get another Hearts game this season.

the signalman

Correct. I'd be prepared to wager 50p that Collum won't get another Hearts game this season.

I,ll second that

Tayside Jambo

Hope the club has a dossier of his poor decisions against Hearts as a just in case. Oh what a shame if it was leaked before the match because it fell into the wrong hands...

That being said, I can't see him getting any more 'high profile' fixtures that are live on telly until his previous misdemeanours are forgotten about.

No club in Scotland, at any level can reject the appointment of a referee, no matter how poor that individual might seem/be. So in theory you could have the same ref every game of the season. I've had the same team 6 times since the start of the season in a variety of home/away and cup games, and I have only been a referee since the end of August.

I God sakes is there a paranoia klaxon on KB ? If Hearts play as we know they are capable of doing then the referee will not be able to influence the outcome. If Hearts don't go and do their stuff then there is some small chance that the referee night be able to change things but Hearts have to turn up and make the game unquestionable !

I certainly hope that your words don't come back to haunt you.

We need to do a "Fergie" - beat the team and the referee, as he diid with Aberdeen.

Just be SO GOOD even Gollum won't make a difference.

Mind you, a couple of penalties and a sending off, could make it a bit more difficult - and oh, I forgot our stonewaller denied (maybe not a bad thing the way we are with penalties at the moment) - and then there's the perfectly good goal chalked off for offside - and then there's the points deduction for wearing Hearts colours.

On the topic of referees I thought Beaton was decent on Saturday other than the bizarre foul he gave in the first half against Keatings for standing in front of the goalie trying to force him to kick with his left foot. He didn't raise his foot or touch the goalie so where was the offence?

I thought Craig Thomson didn't fair too bad when we played them at Tynie - although I think he should have been more severe with his punishment in certain instances e.g. Miller tackle on McHattie... I thought on the whole he called most of the fouls correctly.

Fozzyonthefence

I thought Collum was meant to be a Celtic fan (or was that just JKB rumours?) so should we be worried about him possibly refereeing a game against Rangers, other than the fact he's useless of course?  Does he have previous in Rangers games too?

Archived