ABERDEEN

crichiejambos

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fact that we've won the Championship weeks ago and Celtic have still to get over the line speaks volumes. Aberdeen have done well to remain as close as they have to Celtic given respective squads.

Certainly not a fan of the roaster who manages Aberdeen (who I suspect would take Sevco job in a second), but I accept they've done well this season.

Aberdeen are 8 behind and of Celtic's remaining games 2 are on the Friday night before Aberdeen play on the Saturday, the others are Aberdeen at Pitodrie and last up ICT at home - ICT obviously have the cup final the following week.

Aberdeen have two away trips to the Dundee clubs and two homes to Celtic and St Johnstone.

So I'd suggest on the fixture schedule alone Celtic have the advantage. If Celtic win on Friday they'll go 11 points clear before the dons play away at Utd on the Saturday......

In short no chance Aberdeen will get close. The real action is at the other end of the table.

Aberdeen are 8 behind and of Celtic's remaining games 2 are on the Friday night before Aberdeen play on the Saturday, the others are Aberdeen at Pitodrie and last up ICT at home - ICT obviously have the cup final the following week.

Aberdeen have two away trips to the Dundee clubs and two homes to Celtic and St Johnstone.

So I'd suggest on the fixture schedule alone Celtic have the advantage. If Celtic win on Friday they'll go 11 points clear before the dons play away at Utd on the Saturday......

In short no chance Aberdeen will get close. The real action is at the other end of the table.

Where as if Celtic get beat which is likely and Aberdeen win on the Saturday there's only 5 points in it with 15 to play for and one of those games is Aberdeen v Celtic at Pittodrie every chance Aberdeen could beat them.

All Ifs and Buts however my scenario is just as likely as yours so your "No chance Aberdeen will get close" statement is bit stupid at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where as if Celtic get beat which is likely and Aberdeen win on the Saturday there's only 5 points in it with 15 to play for and one of those games is Aberdeen v Celtic at Pittodrie every chance Aberdeen could beat them.

All Ifs and Buts however my scenario is just as likely as yours so your "No chance Aberdeen will get close" statement is bit stupid at the moment.

Only 4 games left, so just 12 points available.

Only 4 games left, so just 12 points available.

Correct I got mixed up heads not with it lol

Really??

1/500 on for Celtic compared to Aberdeen's 50/1 I reckon the bookies are backing my scenario!

Aberdeen must win all 4 games to take the title. C'mon man!

Ordinary team but seem to have found consistency.

Really hope we don't let ourselves down next season thinking it's going to be miles tougher.

Wouldn't thank you for half of their team.

They are a decent team, i'd take Jack. Mcginn. Pawlett. Mclean. Rooney and Reynolds.

Aberdeen at the moment have a better first team than us.  We will have to improve by making the right signings if we want to finish above them.

Really??

1/500 on for Celtic compared to Aberdeen's 50/1 I reckon the bookies are backing my scenario!

Aberdeen must win all 4 games to take the title. C'mon man!

That's not what you said. I agree I reckon Celtic will win the league. You said Aberdeen won't get close. I merely pointed out that they could get close given the possible scenario that could happen.

That's not what you said. I agree I reckon Celtic will win the league. You said Aberdeen won't get close. I merely pointed out that they could get close given the possible scenario that could happen.

I meant close to winning the league - 2nd in a two horse race is last regardless of how close you get.

3fingersreid

They are a decent team, i'd take Jack. Mcginn. Pawlett. Mclean. Rooney and Reynolds.

Rooney yes the rest nah no thanks especially pawlett

Buffalo Bill

They're a decent side who've bought well in the transfer market. They'll probably be kicking themselves that they've squandered a few chances to add to their recent League Cup

Two of our best performances of 2013/14 came against them so I'm looking forward to seeing how we do against them next season.

kingantti1874

You can't say anything other than they have a decent side, the weakness of the SPL in general however has skewed their points total...

I fully expect Ourselves to be up with or close to them next season.

You can't say anything other than they have a decent side, the weakness of the SPL in general however has skewed their points total...

I fully expect Ourselves to be up with or close to them next season.

The final standings in the table will be reflected by 2 crucial points in the season - 1. Hamilton losing their manager 2. Celtic buying Utd's best players and possibly now a 3rd - ICT reaching the cup final (I can see them easing up a bit now)not that it'll have huge bearing on the league but will likely benefit Celtic should they need anything from the last game (highly unlikely)

We should hold our own with the right signings......the bottom of the table is absolute dross - lets not forget, the most inexperienced Hearts team and manager without a 15 point deduction wouldn't have finished bottom of the league - I doubt the bottom 4/5 teams are any better than last season.

manaliveits105

Half the team is irish the manager will end up at the rangers fans are delusion roasters was disappointed we dropped 2 points to them last season

rustyspanner

Half the team is irish the manager will end up at the rangers fans are delusion roasters was disappointed we dropped 2 points to them last season

Good post. Would read again.

dancin.gif

Cast No Shadow

They have a very good squad and they've certainly benefited the most from Rangers' absence and from how poor ourselves and Hibs have been in recent seasons.

I wonder if their truly awful record against us will continue next season?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I've been critical of them but credit is due. They started long before other sides and have proven to be extremely durable. They have another early start coming. They are our target because the rest are simply very ordinary and not worth aiming at.

Scottish football remains in a very odd place, credit to Aberdeen for seizing the moment,Rooney clearly is the difference this season.

Archived