Ubiquitous Chip

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Took a client to lunch there today when I was in the Weeg

Never been before but I'd heard great things about it in the press and "Scotland the Best" raves about it.

TBh it was average at best. I had the Homemade Lorne sausage which arrived lukewarm after about 40 minutes and the gravy was starting to congeal.

The barman/waiter was the surliest bloke in the world and the only other clients were baseball wearing schemies.

Where else is good for lunch in Glasgow?

cosanostra

Been to ubiquitous a couple of times and it's always been amazing. Surprised you didn't like it - most people seem to rave about it.

Gamba (seafood), Asia Style (Chinese) and Konaki Taverna are 3 of my favourites. Red Onion is cool also.

Horseshoe - pie, chips and peas.

Damn straight. 3 courses for ?3.50?! Can't beat it!

Nelly Terraces

It's a bloke at my works sister and husband that run/own the UC. I'll have a word with him next week!!

cosanostra

It's got a good reputation for food but also a rep for being way overpriced.

That was the place that did the deep fried mars bar, irn-bru ince cream with a buckfast reduction.

I actually prefer stravaigin for Scottish food. Much more reasonable prices and the best haggis i've ever had in my life.

mmmmmm, haggis. :)

Craig Gordons Gloves
It's got a good reputation for food but also a rep for being way overpriced.

That was the place that did the deep fried mars bar, irn-bru ince cream with a buckfast reduction.

I actually prefer stravaigin for Scottish food. Much more reasonable prices and the best haggis i've ever had in my life.mmmmmm, haggis. :)

and a jammy piece for pudding!

Forget what it's called now, but there is a good restaurant down the back of stravaigin 2 just off byres road. Used to be the puppet theatre. Porbably not there anymore, been a few years since i was there.

The People's Chimp
Been to ubiquitous a couple of times and it's always been amazing. Surprised you didn't like it - most people seem to rave about it.

Gamba (seafood), Asia Style (Chinese) and Konaki Taverna are 3 of my favourites. Red Onion is cool also.

Last time i was at the UC it was quality. I think it sometimes depends on which menu you order off. I certainly wouldn't be going for the lorne sausage. :P

Anyway, asia style. Quality. Love that place...and eat there far too much.

Balbir's for a curry. And bacco italia in shawlands is good.

cosanostra
Last time i was at the UC it was quality. I think it sometimes depends on which menu you order off. I certainly wouldn't be going for the lorne sausage. :P

Anyway, asia style. Quality. Love that place...and eat there far too much.

Balbir's for a curry. And bacco italia in shawlands is good.

Asia Style really is something else. Best i've ever had in Scotland.

Your koolaid signature is pretty funny - Chris Tucker always goes on about koolaid, the soft drink of the ghetto.

The People's Chimp
Asia Style really is something else. Best i've ever had in Scotland.

Your koolaid signature is pretty funny - Chris Tucker always goes on about koolaid, the soft drink of the ghetto.

Yeah asia style; deserves a thread of its own!

Only been to the UC once, back in 1993.

My folks took me there after my graduation ceremony for a "slap-up feed".

It was very nice.

Era Macaroons
Only been to the UC once, back in 1993.

My folks took me there after my graduation ceremony for a "slap-up feed".

It was very nice.

that was cos u came out of uni a skinny wee rake, nowt to do with graduating!

no problems there now tho ;)

:spam1:

I had dinner at the chip last week and it was pretty standard. Thankfully I wasn't paying.

Archived