Unrest at Barcelona

jambo1980

Zubizarreta sacked as Sporting Director after criticising the president over the weekend, and now Puyol had quit as Assistant Director of Football. They're having an eventful season, that's for sure, not for the right reasons though. Could be a tough couple of seasons for them.

"Assistant Director of Football" :lol:

What even is that? Making up a title to keep him at the club clearly although it hasn't worked

At board level barca and real have never exactly been stable

"Assistant Director of Football" :lol:

What even is that? Making up a title to keep him at the club clearly although it hasn't worked

At board level barca and real have never exactly been stable

Right on both counts, I reckon

Wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to force early elections by proposing a vote of no confidence in Bartomeu.

when I read the thread title I thought they were worried about Hearts being in the CL in a couple of seasons :tiny:

when I read the thread title I thought they were worried about Hearts being in the CL in a couple of seasons :tiny:

They may well be

They may well be

truth be told if I could pick one game to see Hearts paired up with them it would be the CL, think of the revenue? cor luvvly money for the club

loveofthegame

Wonder if success of Real and internal disarray could lead to Messi deciding to give a move consideration... The first ?100M footballer...

Wonder if success of Real and internal disarray could lead to Messi deciding to give a move consideration... The first ?100M footballer...

:cornette:

Guest jonesy

I desperately wanted to like them, especially while living in Catalonia. The truth is, they and Real remind me so much of the OF.

And their 'mes que un club' nonsense - signing guys like Suarez makes you very open to criticism from others. Hope Atletico retain the title.

Is it not all to do with this transfer embargo situation?

Yeah, it is. Zubizarreta made comments at the weekend that effectively stated that some of the blame re recent transfer policies and problems lay with the current president Bartomeu. Zubizarreta was sacked as a result.

Messi and his Mrs. taking part in some top trolling by following Chelsea and Chelsea players on Twitter.

:D Must be time for his annual contract renegotiation.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Messi and his Mrs. taking part in some top trolling by following Chelsea and Chelsea players on Twitter.

IT MUST MEAN HE'S SIGNING FOR THEM

said about 10,000 internet joeys.

Barca can get fecked. Signing a ***** like Suarez is the sign of a club without any morales whatsoever.

Barca can get fecked. Signing a ***** like Suarez is the sign of a club without any morales whatsoever.

Behave yourself. Do you seriously think nobody else wanted Suarez?

Football clubs have no morals. Ronaldo and Messi could commit genocide and clubs would still try to buy them.

BangkokHearts

As mentioned above they are the Spanish Old Firm.

Hope they collapse and never recover. 

In the very improbable, but still possible, event that Suarez was likely to sign for Hearts would you still have the same view? There are players out there who have done (or allegedly done) far worse than attempt to alleviate their teething problems on a fellow professional. There's one example currently taking up a lot of air time on mainstream media in the UK.

If clubs only signed squeaky clean footballers, there would be a very limited pool to choose from, and a lot of unemployed ex footballers.

Without starting a Ched Evans debate on here, I can understand it with him, but Suarez? I will give him the benefit of the doubt though, and assume he is on the wind up.

In the very improbable, but still possible, event that Suarez was likely to sign for Hearts would you still have the same view? There are players out there who have done (or allegedly done) far worse than attempt to alleviate their teething problems on a fellow professional. There's one example currently taking up a lot of air time on mainstream media in the UK.

Our club has a great culture of "right people" being part of its set up. I'm proud of it, as many other supporters are.

Our club has a great culture of "right people" being part of its set up. I'm proud of it, as many other supporters are.

So every single person we have employed is squeaky clean and without any sort of criminal record, and behave themselves professionally and respectably, at all times on and off the park?

Like Craig Thomson?

Ian Black after his cocaine scandal?

We cannot pretend to be squeaky clean.

alicante jambo

Like Craig Thomson?

Ian Black after his cocaine scandal?

We cannot pretend to be squeaky clean.

In the past you're right but right now no one can say nothing about hearts.

Pure, utter delusion.

FTFY! Previously I don't believe this was the case. However, with Neilson and Levein being so meticulous in their approach to players and Ann Budge acting in a similar fashion with backroom/ boardroom staff I think we now have the set up you have described.

I doubt very much that every player at Hearts, either now, or in be future, is squeaky clean.

I would say, it is almost certain that, we will sign a player in the future who has done something on or off the pitch, that some people will find inappropriate or distasteful.

I desperately wanted to like them, especially while living in Catalonia. The truth is, they and Real remind me so much of the OF.

And their 'mes que un club' nonsense - signing guys like Suarez makes you very open to criticism from others. Hope Atletico retain the title.

Well said.

We've got Miguel Pallardo who is currently under investigation for a match fixing scandal at a previous club for starters.

alicante jambo

We've got Miguel Pallardo who is currently under investigation for a match fixing scandal at a previous club for starters.

Again you're spot on but when under investigation he isn't guilty surely?

Apart from the fact that a small element of the support use double negatives

So everyone can say something? 

Archived