Todays Hibsman

Thomaso

Just read Aiden Smith's Hibee fanzine piece - laughable!

Hearts Heritage
Better, for now, to think about Scarlet Johansson and how their team have always been superior to Hearts in cool cultural references.

Francis Albert

Whoever wrote the first sentence seems to have inadvertently attributed a superior performance to Hearts,

loveofthegame

Just read it. Piss-poor piece from a Hobo trumpet. Not unexpected.

As a poster said on another thread, our great goals seem to be put down as flukes (as Smith suggests) - yet we continue to score crackers... maybe, just maybe, that is down to our players ability and not sheer luck!!

Chaka Demus & pliers

Better, for now, to think about Scarlet Johansson and how their team have always been superior to Hearts in cool cultural references.

The real measurement for any proper football fan.

Oh his I wish we could swap the 3 Scottish Cup wins I've witnessed, including 5-1, for Renton in Trainspotting to be a Jambo. Or for that fine actor Dougray Scott, to wear maroon rather than green

Francis Albert

If Aiden ever turned his mind from his myths about Hibs he might have spotted the one bit of sublime skill in the game - the "Scarlet Johansson moment" if he really must.

Aidan Smith's middle name is sycophant.

His writing is vomit-inducing, like it was written by a star-struck young teenage girl with a crush on her teacher. That it features in a broadsheet that was once a quality newspaper is staggering and also evidence of why the Scotsman is no longer fit to even wrap fish & chips in.

Dr. Bapswent

He can have all the cultural references he wants.

I'll take results, trophies and front page headlines every time.

...a bit disco

39025.jpg

The coolest of 'cultural references' Aiden?

At least we've finally figured out where the coach-loads of Hibs fans who never make it back along the M8 from Cup games disappear to - Scarlett's been feeding the scummy filth to the Glasgow bog monster. :D

Despite a superior performance their city rivals snatch yet another derby-day draw

THEY tried hard and put on their most attractive face. They were energetic, intelligent and inventive ? and ?clever, bright and brave? according to their manager. But Hibernian are still waiting for their night of passion with Scarlet Johansson.

Let me explain: in the cult movie Under the Skin, many critics? choice as the best of last year, Johansson plays a sexy alien predator who trundles around in a grubby van picking up Scottish men, one of them a Hibby in the strip from the 2012 Scottish Cup disaster. The scene where the poor sap, naked and spellbound, follows her into a lake of treacle, seems sadly emblematic of Hibs? fortunes in the Edinburgh derby right now.

Hearts aren?t beating Hibs by five goals to one at the moment. Instead, and this is almost even crueller, they are showing their city rivals the prize ? that of ending the Jambos? unbeaten run in the Championship ? then snatching it away. Hibs think they?re going to win, think they definitely should win, only for Hearts to grab a fortunate draw and everything to turn gloopily black.

Last October, Hibs were seconds from victory when Alim Ozturk struck ?ridiculously from 40 yards. That wasn?t an equaliser, it was a freakqualiser. On Saturday Hibs were every bit as good as in the 4-0 thumping of Rangers the week before, yet Hearts ? who could barely keep the ball in the park in the first half ? summoned up some of the steel and belief which has served them so well this season.

With Hearts remaining 19 points ahead of them, Hibs must find consolation in their fine form, and given what?s gone before, that is no small thing.

This is form the club under Terry Butcher never found, and they are playing better than they did under Pat Fenlon and Colin Calderwood as well. Even in more glistening eras for the men from Leith, they sometimes didn?t sparkle in the derby as this lot did at Tynecastle, ?refusing to let the occasion get the better of them and seeing no point in ditching the bold patterns of the previous Saturday. In short, Alan Stubbs has given the fans their football team back.

How, then, Hibs must rue the bad luck and poor showings of earlier in the season. Liam Craig?s missed penalty in the first derby with the score at 0-0, their abjectness at Alloa, their queasiness at Queen of the South, Dominique Malonga?s penalty against Dumbarton wrongly adjudged to have not crossed the line ? the freakqualiser. If they had won more points from these games they would be worrying Hearts to a greater degree than they are now. Even so, Robbie Neilson on the touchline on Saturday was the most agitated he has been, appealing for calm among his wildly miscuing players and making time-wasting substitutions at the end. Not yet collapsing, Hearts are ?starting to creak.

The jitters began as early as the 12th second, but from the edge of the box Jason Cummings? shot was too straight. A quarter of the way into the game, Hibs must have thought Hearts were there for the taking. Given this encouragement in the past, Hibs might still have contrived to fall behind but this time they scored, Cummings skulking on the six-yard line to stab home a lovely, deep cross by Scott Allan, the architect of everything good against Rangers. The striker ?really should have scored again moments later, but his header from a Lewis Stevenson centre was weak. Even though Hibs were on top you thought they might rue this miss, such is the nature of this fixture and Hearts? doggedness.

The Jambos? best spell came in the second half, although they had equalised before then. A complete Paul Hanlon miskick ? maybe the alarm had been spread by one from Craig moments earlier ? enabled Adam Eckersley to supply Jamie Walker for a fine right-footer. In all three derbies Hearts have scored, if not required, thumping strikes.

The second half can make a claim for being the best 45 minutes played anywhere in Scotland this season. There was committed, pulsating football from both teams in the usual rumbustious atmosphere. Hibs had to adjust when David Gray, facing surgery on his groin, had to retire at the interval. Callum Booth joined the midfield triangles with ?relish. Then Stubbs gave Dylan McGeouch his comeback from an injury lay-off and the on-loan Celtic man brought his low-slung style to the party. The third sub was Martin Boyle, on loan from Dundee and on the receiving end of a 6-2 thrashing in Thursday?s Tayside derby.

?The last few days have been epic,? he said. ?Obviously this has been a much more enjoyable derby for me.? His first impressions of Hibs? ?Brilliant, they passed the ball really well. We controlled the game, had more chances and were unlucky.?

The reinforcements will be needed. As well as Gray?s enforced absence, Malonga is bound for the Africa Cup of Nations. Boyle admitted he had only just learned this, and is clearly hoping to benefit. ?I hope I can bring some busy-ness, some speed and some goals. And the ?experience of going up last season with Dundee.?

For Hibs now, the play-offs look the most available route. In their position that would mean six matches. Six cup finals, so they say, although Hibs fans might not quite relish that prospect. Better, for now, to think about Scarlet Johansson and how their team have always been superior to Hearts in cool cultural references.

Son Of Anarchy

Many things baffle me but today's top two are; How Aidan Smith is still employed? Why would anyone read his tripe?

In football there are no league points or national cups awarded for style or effort.

It is a results driven sport.

This is why Heart of Midlothian FC will always be better than Hibs.

Johnston Press are amalgamating the Scotsman, EEN & SOS into one team of writers in yet smaller offices with associated redundancies.  It is articles like Aidan Smith's that drive Hearts supporters from buying their newspapers.  While the Lochend illiterate tend to buy the Sun/Star comics for then pictures..  

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Aye, but the Hibsman isn't Hibs-leaning right enough.

Smith might well be reading this so if you are, fatboy, I'd like to commend you again on that outstanding interview you did with Terry Butcher. Those questions about Deep Purple really got the heart of the key footballing issues which led to your shitty club getting relegated and humiliated (again).

No doubt you got to lick Terry's ring piece though.

Would normally try and stick up for Aidan, but struggling to say much about that other than wtf.

Hibs have been so bad for so long, I guess they are all getting carried away at anything deemed less than complete, steaming er excrement.

Usual h1b5 fairy-tales of being cool and playing great football. zzzzzzzz

Robbie's cooler than Stubbsie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is horrific reading. The second half off the last paragraph is a joke right?

Last time I looked football was about winning not fecking celebrating the fact you get mentioned in some fantasy films etc. Yeah you lot keep your "cool culture" & we will keep winning trophies, derbys & football games in general. Cheers welts!

I cannot believe that klingker of a man wrote that rubbish and wanted people to take it seriously, what a total waste of oxygen and ink.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Alarming and embarrassing article. Did he read it back and more alarmingly still, what sort of editor would let this pass? Fanzine is probably the best description.

Many things baffle me but today's top two are; How Aidan Smith is still employed? Why would anyone read his tripe?

The warrior poets lap this tripe up.

That is horrific reading. The second half off the last paragraph is a joke right?

Last time I looked football was about winning not fecking celebrating the fact you get mentioned in some fantasy films etc. Yeah you lot keep your "cool culture" & we will keep winning trophies, derbys & football games in general. Cheers welts!

I think that's his point. He's saying that's all Hibs have. To be the vulnerable and pathetic victim of Scarlet Johannson's seductive murdering alien is befitting of a demoralised Hibby and certainly no PHM.

How can you scrape a draw when you equalize after 40 mins?

A Hibs fan told me that they deserved to win, because they were the better side until we scored.

So it seems being the better side for 40 minutes should be enough to deserve winning a match.

Fitzroy Pointon

What age is this guy?

Hey Aiden, the year I got The John Robertson Story on VHS (cooler than DVD's by the way) I got a cool new mountain bike in metallic silver and blue.  I then played long bangers up and doon the hall with my new cool Mitre Delta.  

Absolute trumpet.  

They have filled their own heeds with utter sheight for nigh on ......well, forever......that its now irreversible.

They really are an excitable bunch.  Because they are a little better than they were last season they can`t control what`s inside their rubber heeds.

I don`t know any Hearts fan who would have the brass neck or lack of self respect to claim we are the best side in the league when JOINT 3rd and 19 points BEHIND the leaders. A truly embarrassing club and they just show how very rarely they are involved at the top end of the table...............and this is in the championship!!!

Hearts Heritage

They have filled their own heeds with utter sheight for nigh on ......well, forever......that its now irreversible.

They really are an excitable bunch.  Because they are a little better than they were last season they can`t control what`s inside their rubber heeds.

I don`t know any Hearts fan who would have the brass neck or lack of self respect to claim we are the best side in the league when JOINT 3rd and 19 points BEHIND the leaders. A truly embarrassing club and they just show how very rarely they are involved at the top end of the table...............and this is in the championship!!!

Excluding their 'BAD start' last 13 games

1    Heart of Midlothian P13 W11 D2 L0 W84% D15% L0% F30 A5 Pts35

2    Hibernian P13 W7 D5 L1 W53% D38% L7% F27 A10 Pts26

3    Rangers P13 W8 D1 L4 W61% D7% L30% F25 A14 Pts25

4    Falkirk P13 W7 D2 L4 W53% D15% L30% F18 A13 Pts23

5    Queen of the South P13 W6 D3 L4 W46% D23% L30% F23 A18 Pts21

6    Dumbarton P13 W5 D2 L6 W38% D15% L46% F16 A27 Pts17

7    Cowdenbeath P13 W4 D1 L8 W30% D7% L61% F11 A24 Pts13

8    Raith Rovers P13 W3 D3 L7 W23% D23% L53% F13 A26 Pts12

9    Alloa Athletic P13 W1 D3 L9 W7% D23% L69% F10 A21 Pts6

10    Livingston  P13 W1 D2 L10 W7% D15% L76% F9 A24 Pts5

What a crock of shit - we had more possession and more attempts at goal. Hibs played to their maximum we didn't but contained them and took a draw. Yes it enabled Rangers to move two points closer to us but the gap remains considerable, equally it moved Rangers two points further ahead of Hibs and the 3 sides below Hibs moved two points closer to them and within touching distance - by 5pm Saturday Hibs could be 4th on equal points with 5th and Hearts and Rangers could move another 3 points clear.

These "journalist" can say what they want the fact is Hibs were the worst team in the SPL last year and they currently sit 3rd (on goal difference) in the championship.........they've only just managed to string two wins together and suddenly they are world beaters, complete nonsense all of it.

I used to subscribe to Scotsman but gave it up and don't buy the paper anymore.  This idiot is one of the reasons.

Highlights last night confirmed to me that they were no better, Alexander had no real saves to make and we had more possession and shots on target.  Still, at least they have some celebrity supporters and 'losers' one and all.

jambo4_0matty

Excluding their 'BAD start' last 13 games

1    Heart of Midlothian P13 W11 D2 L0 W84% D15% L0% F30 A5 Pts35

2    Hibernian P13 W7 D5 L1 W53% D38% L7% F27 A10 Pts26

3    Rangers P13 W8 D1 L4 W61% D7% L30% F25 A14 Pts25

4    Falkirk P13 W7 D2 L4 W53% D15% L30% F18 A13 Pts23

5    Queen of the South P13 W6 D3 L4 W46% D23% L30% F23 A18 Pts21

6    Dumbarton P13 W5 D2 L6 W38% D15% L46% F16 A27 Pts17

7    Cowdenbeath P13 W4 D1 L8 W30% D7% L61% F11 A24 Pts13

8    Raith Rovers P13 W3 D3 L7 W23% D23% L53% F13 A26 Pts12

9    Alloa Athletic P13 W1 D3 L9 W7% D23% L69% F10 A21 Pts6

10    Livingston  P13 W1 D2 L10 W7% D15% L76% F9 A24 Pts5

And there it is

Is there a similar Hearts-biased article to balance Aidan's ramblings or is it just Edinburgh that panders to one of their teams (and the least succesful one at that)?

fabienleclerq

Hibs bad luck? They got a penalty that never was in the first game and Craig missed it, not because of bad luck but because he's shit, hibs are shit and that article is......

Archived