The Jim Jeffries Appointment Saga

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Remember the appointment saga in 95 when Jim Jeffries appointment

took a twist when he decided to stay at Falkirk as the Falkirk chairman

fought to keep him at Brockville , then there was another U-turn when

Jeffries told him that he was going home to Gorgie .

Remember the appointment saga in 95 when Jim Jeffries appointment

took a twist when he decided to stay at Falkirk as the Falkirk chairman

fought to keep him at Brockville , then there was another U-turn when

Jeffries told him that he was going home to Gorgie .

We got JJ through emotional blackmail. If we get McGhee it will be down to money. That's not to say I wouldn't do exactly the same thing if it was me.

George Fulston acted like a complete turd during that whole event IIRC.

Fulston! That's him. I was trying to remember his name. Is he still there?

Hans von Luck

Did George Fulston not pretend to have a heart attack in blackmail to JJ ?

washniklaw

This always has fond memories for me. I had my birthday party at Tynecastle on 30th July 1995.

The saga reach feverpitch as all my mates were due at the stadium. All the press were outside as me and my pals prepared for a stadium tour from Gary Mackay. My Dad even got quoted in every paper as a 'Hearts insider'. He was only hanging about with Mackay case it made him feel special!!!!!

I was 12, it was the best brthday of my life.

I remember watching the news and JJ giving an interview outside Brockville saying he was staying at Falkirk, the most insincere statement ever. Next day he was at Tynie.

Bootboy100
Did George Fulston not pretend to have a heart attack in blackmail to JJ ?

That is exactly what happened. I remember on the Saturday after the infamous U-Turn going down to Tynie to the club shop. At that time the Roseburn Stand was being built and the gates to the Gorgie Road end were open so you could view the progress.

I went in and there was another guy standing there, it was none other than the Pieman. We got talking and I just came out asked what the hell was going on with JJ.

His reply was 'the desperate idiot at Falkirk has been emotionally blackmailing him, but dont worry he will still be the Hearts manager before the season begins' then I asked how do you know that. He replied 'because that desperate idiot hasnt even drawn up a new contract for him to sign so lets see how JJ feels when he wakes up in the morning'

So for once and probably the only time the pieman got one thing right!!

Cupar Jambo

If I mind right I was at Elgin for a pre season friendly when JJ said no, we were in the Elgin club and then a great night in Elgin and down to Montrose for a Sunday game

If I mind right I was at Elgin for a pre season friendly when JJ said no, we were in the Elgin club and then a great night in Elgin and down to Montrose for a Sunday game

Fairly sure I was at that game. Something like 4-0?

Unless weve played them more than once?

Csaba's Broon Shoes
That is exactly what happened. I remember on the Saturday after the infamous U-Turn going down to Tynie to the club shop. At that time the Roseburn Stand was being built and the gates to the Gorgie Road end were open so you could view the progress.

I went in and there was another guy standing there, it was none other than the Pieman. We got talking and I just came out asked what the hell was going on with JJ.

His reply was 'the desperate idiot at Falkirk has been emotionally blackmailing him, but dont worry he will still be the Hearts manager before the season begins' then I asked how do you know that. He replied 'because that desperate idiot hasnt even drawn up a new contract for him to sign so lets see how JJ feels when he wakes up in the morning'

So for once and probably the only time the pieman got one thing right!!

Well , could this be much the same desperate last attempt by Boyle ?

Csaba's Broon Shoes
Well , could this be much the same desperate last attempt by Boyle ?

This is very possible in order to get a maximum compensation package , i remember the attempts Fulston made to keep Jim Jeffries were quite aggressive in front of a press conference taking place at the main door of Brockville , he almost had his arm around JJ's neck pleading with him

I do think there is another twist in the MM saga to come shortly .

Was JJ not practically in tears when he confirmed he was staying at Falkirk?

From what I remember he looked completely gutted

Charlie-Brown
Was JJ not practically in tears when he confirmed he was staying at Falkirk?

From what I remember he looked completely gutted

He looked emotionally drained as it was clearly a big decision and he was being torn in both directions with good reasons both to stay / go - he then gave interviews saying why staying was the correct decision for reasons not unlike what McGhee gave today - JJ was a Hearts man though and MM is not that is why the eventual outcome is different although it did take Jeffries a further 3 days or so to reverse his decision.

Maroon Mayhem

If your manager is on his way to Vilnius what can you conceivably draw into a negociation other than blackmail?

I don't think this is the end of the MM saga.

Ray Winstone
If your manager is on his way to Vilnius what can you conceivably draw into a negociation other than blackmail?

I didnt think so until today.

I believe Boyle has emotionally blackmailed MM into staying - Phil O'Donnel, you got us into europe you should be here, emotional season etc etc.

I think he will stay at Motherwell.

maroonlegions

aw naw, so another 2,500 posts to come then:107years:, cant see him coming now he has bottled it at the last minuet , he might have though , is it worth all the hassle if vlad starts interfering in team selections.:rolleyes:

Maroon Mayhem

The 2500 posts were more entertaining than anything served up on the green bit at Tynie this season!

I just dont see how a last gasp phone call can be anything other than a tug at the heart-strings like Jeff in '96.

OK McGhee isn't a Hearts man, his heart lies at Celtic Park but we are the only show in town thats a viable stepping stone.

ford donald

dont think romanov will give him another chance,the offer was on the table.

whatever reason he has turned his back on it,would be astounded if that was not the end of mm saga!:rolleyes:

rudi must stay

whatever reason he has turned his back on it,would be astounded if that was not the end of mm saga!:rolleyes:

depends if he's the only one on the short list, then they won't stop till he's signed. Hopefully there's others though, that would do just a good a job..

Maroon Mayhem

Any businessman has to display a certain tenacity if he doesn't at first get his way. There's NOTHING in the pyramid that he can turn to so Brit is the way forward.

Peter Olivers Army

Don't remind me! I was sick as a dog that day, lying stretched out on the seats in that club. Wish I could say it was an illness but it was just the result of me getting supremely blootered in Peterhead the night before.

Archived