Cancelling Setanta

Narrative Arc

Narrative Arc

With the season just finished has anyone tried to cancel setanta today? After taking an eternity to get through, just been told that you now have to write in to cancel your subscription. Was informed that this will takes me into another month of payments. Whcih basically means paying for next month even though there is no football on. Strange how, as the season ends, they suddenly change their cancellation policy. Basically meaning abouther tenner from everyone. The Sharks! anyone else has any similar problems with them?

to make it worse you have some wide Makem keeping you on the phone charged at national rate. Ah!

I swear i will have nothing to do with that company again...

hughesie27

Sure that has been their policy for ages but wouldn't quote that.

Narrative Arc
Sure that has been their policy for ages but wouldn't quote that.

The bay on the phone said they had just reverted back to it.

Yeah that happened to me as well.

just threaten to cancell the whole package, im sure they might change their mind

christhejambo

We phoned up a few months ago and said we wanted to cancel- not that actually we wanted to, just wanted a better deal. They asked why we wanted to leave, and we just made up some spiel about being students and finding it hard to justify the cost anymore. They were keen for us to stay, and asked if we would if it were cheaper. Ended up getting it for a fiver a month for the last 4 or 5 months. Ive since done the same for quite a few mates with no bother, so if theyre mucking you about with cancellations, you can prob get the price down in the meantime.

yvonnejambo

Just cancel the direct debit, that gets their attention. i had to do it after getting mucked about for months with them. I will never go back to them due to their long waits on the phone to then be put through to various people before getting no help at all. I hate them!

BoJack Horseman

Get it free on Virgin anyway. Get a better telly package?

Mac_fae_Gillie

cancel the direct debit yourself..

most companies will always try to squeeze you for one months extra payment.

It is a rip-off they got a PC screen and your details at thier figure tips...

Of course best advice is to cancel payment mid april thus giving you may as lat month,but horse has bolted.

I wanted to reduce Sky package bout Aug last year taking payment down from ?39-?21 they said it'll take a month so i said just cancel the my account then funny thing the guy couldn't solve the original quest fast enuff...

Jamie_the_Jambo

Ive been trying to write by email which ofcourse are ignored.

I pay by credtit card and I have told them that if they try and collect any more payments everyone will be contested by my credit card.

I first wrote 30/4 and Ive still heard nowt.

Scunners every last one of them.

Jamie

I wouldnt trust writing to them in either by mail or email my sister hadproblems at the beginning of the year with them taking 2 payments out of her bank account a month for 2 months when she phoned up they flat out refused to deal with it over the phone. She was then advised to write to them to get her money back. A month after writing to them she still hadnt heard anything so she phoned up and they gave her the usual theres no record if it crap you get from call centres. She then got their customer services email address and emailed them and got an auto-response saying that they would get back to her within a week. Shes never recieved a response so just cancelled her direct debit and then suddenly they were on the phone every night demanding that she reinstated her account, yet wouldnt deal with the original complaint.

The Old Tolbooth

I tried to cancel Setanta 3 months ago and they made it virtually impossible to do so, automated messages, answer machines, passed from pillar to post, and then no one answering!

I ended up hitting them where it hurts and cancelling the direct debit and lo and behold, they contacted me within 3 days of doing so, so I mucked them about when they called and said could they phone back another time as it wasn't convenient, then did the same again, and again etc.

They finally got the message and cut me off after 2 months of non payment, right in the middle of the Falkirk v Hearts game, which was an added bonus!! :D

If you have signed up for a set period and then try to get out of it, you are technically in breach of contract. If it wasn't for these companys being so desperate for your money then I suspect that most would hold you to the deal you signed up for. These are the same deals that you now think you can get out of however,if you don't believe me have a chat with a solicitor and ask him to take on your case. Also please be aware that problems such as stopping direct debits and other non payments may appear on your credit history which may affect your future creditworthiness.

I don't want to scare anybody but these can be consequences of deciding to take on these companies. FFS BE CAREFUL

By the way I do not work for any bank, credit company, SKY, Setanta or anything related to them

Rawrrrrrrr
If you have signed up for a set period and then try to get out of it, you are technically in breach of contract. If it wasn't for these companys being so desperate for your money then I suspect that most would hold you to the deal you signed up for. These are the same deals that you know think you can get out of however,if you don't believe me have a chat with a solicitor and ask him to take on your case. Also please be aware that problems such as stopping direct debits and other non payments may appear on your credit history which may affect your future creditworthiness.

I don't want to scare anybody but these can be consequences of deciding to take on these companies. FFS BE CAREFUL

By the way I do not work for any bank, credit company, SKY, Setanta or anything related to them

Setanta no longer have a minimum period although depending how many people cancel I can see one being reintroduced next season

I cancelled back in March and instead they opened a new a/c for me. Pay by CC so left it for them to sort out. Apparantly you have to cancel by phone.

Archived