To put Hibs win into perspective

stuart500

When we played The Rangers on 22nd November they had just completed a 9 game unbeaten run scoring 22 and conceding only 2.

They were on a serious roll and fancied their chances to claw back our lead.

We beat them. With no help from a ref who could and should have sent off 2 more of their players.

They and their fans went into meltdown and they have been on a downward spiral ever since (excluding cup game against Killie who shat it big style at Ibrox).

Since then they have lost to Alloa and Queen of the South, have had off field turmoil and sent a hapless manager off on paid leave whilst promoting an equally hapless replacement.

They were a shambles today before setting foot on the park and the Easter Rodents have taken advantage of the fact.

Hearts beat them at the difficult time and our squad has suffered since due to the loss of Mchattie and El Hass injured in that game.

The Hobbits may boast about todays result but they got the golden opportunity today thanks to us breaking Sevcos momentum on 22nd November

You can only beat what's in front of you and today hibs played well. Will that have any baring on next Saturday.......none at all.

WorldChampions1902

When we played The Rangers on 22nd November they had just completed a 9 game unbeaten run scoring 22 and conceding only 2.

They were on a serious roll and fancied their chances to claw back our lead.

We beat them. With no help from a ref who could and should have sent off 2 more of their players.

They and their fans went into meltdown and they have been on a downward spiral ever since (excluding cup game against Killie who shat it big style at Ibrox).

Since then they have lost to Alloa and Queen of the South, have had off field turmoil and sent a hapless manager off on paid leave whilst promoting an equally hapless replacement.

They were a shambles today before setting foot on the park and the Easter Rodents have taken advantage of the fact.

Hearts beat them at the difficult time and our squad has suffered since due to the loss of Mchattie and El Hass injured in that game.

The Hobbits may boast about todays result but they got the golden opportunity today thanks to us breaking Sevcos momentum on 22nd November

Good post which puts their (great) result today firmly in perspective!

The thing WE can take from this result is that the media, the Vermin and their support will be giving it large in the run up to the Derby. That suits us perfectly. Another Vermin fail and reality check beckons. Bring it on!

The pressure is on them now which should suit us perfectly.

They have had the luxury of being so far off the lead that they have had nothing really to lose.

We are so far in front the pressure has been on us not to blow it.

We have come through terrible bad luck as far as having our best forwards available but have still won our last three games with no goals conceded.

We have played on 2 dodgy pitches which have curtailed our normal passing game.

My view is we are coming through OUR sticky period stronger and further than ever ahead.

Lets hope the Hobbits seriously underestimate us next week.

The People's Chimp

Let's put hibs' win into perspective indeed.

You can only beat the team in front of you, but moreover, hibs were great today and scored 4 super goals.

You can only beat the team in front of you, but moreover, hibs were great today and scored 4 super goals.

I didn't see the goals, but the fact is that they utterly horsed Rangers today, and anyone who does that has to be respected, regardless of how wounded or off form we think Rangers might be.  I think some people (not you, I hasten to add) are being a bit careless.  A huge amount in football depends on confidence.  They'll have their tails up going into next week's game, and we will have to play well to get the result we want.

My view is that it wouldnt have been as easy had they played them on 22nd Nov when they were flying.

Subjective of course but 4-0 for Hibs on that day would have been a better achievement than 4-0 today when they are in turmoil.

Hibs played a Rangers team today that are at their nadir, we played them at their apogee they have been in decline since we played them!

His should also get credit for not allowing rangers anything. It would have been easy for Rangers to come out today and be resurgent, hubs quashed that and didn't let them

His should also get credit for not allowing rangers anything. It would have been easy for Rangers to come out today and be resurgent, hubs quashed that and didn't let them

It was never going to be easy for Rangers to be resurgent under Fat Salary's number 2. That's like Billy Brown taking over from Gary Locke last season, playing the same team and tactics and expecting a miracle. Was never going to happen.

I said at the time after we beat them that they not only lost the 3 points but they were done psychologically.

That game against us was like their cup final, they played the best that they could in those first 30 mins or so and still lost and ever since then they just haven't looked the same team.

Today when the first goal went in you could see the heads go down.  Most of the players just looked like they had given up the ghost, there looked to be no fight left in them, they are a beaten team.

I fully expect them to drop even more points now and I think they will struggle to hold on to 2nd place.

"It would have been easy for Rangers to come out today and be resurgent, hubs quashed that and didn't let them"

See I just don't agree with that statement. Rangers today were made up of a bunch of players who know the game is up for them, they know there is no future for them at Rangers and consequently are un moved whether they win or not... they could not give a faux they have lost their professionalism, they are a bust flush. Without any doubt that is why the gave rangers such a doing. When rangers last played Hearts the situation was so different . Whilst not trying to take the fact that Hibs recorded a good win today but it is probably more beneficial to us than them.

"It would have been easy for Rangers to come out today and be resurgent, hubs quashed that and didn't let them"

See I just don't agree with that statement. Rangers today were made up of a bunch of players who know the game is up for them, they know there is no future for them at Rangers and consequently are un moved whether they win or not... they could not give a faux they have lost their professionalism, they are a bust flush. Without any doubt that is why the gave rangers such a doing. When rangers last played Hearts the situation was so different . Whilst not trying to take the fact that Hibs recorded a good win today but it is probably more beneficial to us than them.

Correct. My point exactly. They have imploded since we beat them. Yes they still had to beat the team in front of them but that team was a shadow of the fired up team in front of us in November.

After today's result the media focus will be overwhelmingly on Hibs and their run of results. There will be Hibs interviews and sound bytes for the next few days. I'm quite happy about that - it means we can go about our preparations quietly and away from the glare of the media and takes some pressure away from us.

After today's result the media focus will be overwhelmingly on Hibs and their run of results. There will be Hibs interviews and sound bytes for the next few days. I'm quite happy about that - it means we can go about our preparations quietly and away from the glare of the media and takes some pressure away from us.

Agreed and also the Hibs support will be doing their usual... the game is won before the ball is kicked patter. Robbie will have our boys focused on the task... must start knocking in these pens though could easily be a pen in the game.

Relax.

Those balloons will have a heightened sense of delusion after today.

A hosing will ensue on Saturday and Stubbs and his muppet men will get.......on New Year's Day......or thereabouts!

portobellojambo1

I had a strong feeling Hibs would beat Rangers today. does it bother me that in doing so they racked up 4 goals, not in the slightest. It will probably give them false confidence, a heightened sense of expectancy next week, making bringing them back to earth just a little bit sweeter.

Why do we need to put their result in perspective? We're top of the league by 15 points and unbeaten, why are we trying to claim some bizarre upper hand because Hibs beat them by 4 goals?

The White Cockade

we've beaten Rangers twice as have Hibs

However we won two very tight matches where you couldn't really say at any point we were well on top

Hibs have absolutely horsed them twice

They are due respect for that

Hopefully normal service is restored next week but we will have to play a hell of a lot better

against  them than we did today if we are going to beat them

over the season we have proved to be the better and far more consistent team

but they are now proving that they are capable of playing very well

a win next week will be massive and would all but clinch the title but I don't think

it will be easy

queensferryjambo

Don't see why people are trying to make out this wasn't a great victory against Rangers and that it is somehow less of a victory as Rangers aren't at their best  - it was a terrific victory for H1b5. 

If there was ever going to be any complacency among our players about the up and coming derby match then I would think this is a clear message that we need to be at the top of our game to win at New Year.   

H1b5 have hit a bit of form coming into the derby. Hearts have nothing to fear as long as we play to our capabilities and keep our cool on the 3rd of January.

Neil McCann summed up Rangers at half time.

No appetite, no energy , not up for the fight but ultimately not enough quality and positive movement in their team.

They get by beating the rest with their system because of the lack of quality in the division but once they play a team with all the ingredients above that they don`t have, they suffer. Their troubles as a club are no doubt having and effect on them but i certainly think you can catch a team at the right time and Hibs did. I think we started the rot for Rangers with our victory over them last month.

From the H1b5man online in a report about Livingston v Hearts:

'Hibs are playing some marvellous football at the moment and look a match for their city rivals after finding their feet under their impressive head coach Alan Stubbs.'

?You really couldn't make this up! A good reminder why I  stopped buying the H1b5man years ago.

I watched the H1b5 game today. They were good against a very poor Sevco. But to say they were marvellous..........beyond belief!

My mate who unfortunately , for him, is a H1b5 fan states that hs team have been dreadful in recent weeks.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why do we need to put their result in perspective? We're top of the league by 15 points and unbeaten, why are we trying to claim some bizarre upper hand because Hibs beat them by 4 goals?

Correct. It's like people are trying to create a comfort blanket before we play them. It's the vermin playing at Tynecastle FFS!

Hibs might have horsed Rangers twice, but they've also embarrassed themselves several times against the weaker teams in the league. The only thing that matters is the points tally, and it reflects the overall quality of all 10 teams quite accurately I feel.

sunblestjambo

Hibs performance today was top class and they will quite rightly come to Tynecastle with a sense of optimism.

Will make our victory all the more satisfying!

:verysmug:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Hibs can suck my dick.

This was the best weekend bar none to play Rangers.

Part of the reason Rangers are so vulnerable is because we've torn them a new one.

We will horse Hibs next weekend.

Someone remind me of the gap between us?

Credit where credit is due to Hibs. They played well today, and I still think they have been our most difficult opponents this season.

They have some very good players like Allan and Gray, and some good pro's like Fontaine and Oxley.

Next week will be a very tough match.

However,

No matter how well they do in the big games, they're always likely to **** up against teams like Alloa and Raith.

They also have some utter dross like Robertson and Handling, and very average pros like Stevenson and Craig.

We have good players in every position. We own them. Deep down in their souls they know this.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Thought Hibs were just as bad as Rangers in open play, lots of poor passing and mistakes all over the place, Championship Football.

But.....the 1st 2 goals that Rangers gifted Hibs where hilarious :rofl: Rangers chucked in the towel from then on.

Hibs are no great shakes and had an easy day against a team that, well, isn't a team.

Stubbsy was waffling about having a good week to plan for the game against Rangers, lets see how he plans to play against a Hearts side that scores for fun and concedes nothing when the only sure bet for a place in the team is the Goalkeeper.

I'm sure Robbie won't be bumming up how good Hibs were today in next week's team talk. More likely to be reminding them of why Rangers were absolutely horseshit today.

The media will no doubt be going over the top about the 4-0 score but Hearts players need to forget the hype and just concentrate on giving the Rodents a total humping next week.

Hibs will take a lot of confidence by winning well today. I don't want our players giving these Muppets too much respect or even worrying about them.

fabienleclerq

Credit where credit is due, to be 19 points ahead of the best team in the league is some achievement!!!

Hopefully they're confident for next week, it's just how I like my hibbies.

Only saw about 30 mins of the first half but didn't think hibs were as good as they are being made out to be. Rangers were very poor. We will beat them next week!

I'm sure Robbie won't be bumming up how good Hibs were today in next week's team talk. More likely to be reminding them of why Rangers were absolutely horseshit today.

The media will no doubt be going over the top about the 4-0 score but Hearts players need to forget the hype and just concentrate on giving the Rodents a total humping next week.

Hibs will take a lot of confidence by winning well today. I don't want our players giving these Muppets too much respect or even worrying about them.

Of course the media will be going over the top, Hibs just beat Rangers 4-0, regardless of how good/bad both teams were that's a big result.

Seeing as our players have never given Hibs too much respect in the past 4/5 seasons I doubt that these worries you have are worth having either.

The real worry you seem to have is that we'll get beat though, sad to see Hearts fans afraid of that lot.

ernie winchester

We'll hammer those clowns next week.

Incidentally, the last time I stated that publicly was 18th May 2012.

Of course the media will be going over the top, Hibs just beat Rangers 4-0, regardless of how good/bad both teams were that's a big result.

Seeing as our players have never given Hibs too much respect in the past 4/5 seasons I doubt that these worries you have are worth having either.

The real worry you seem to have is that we'll get beat though, sad to see Hearts fans afraid of that lot.

How does comparing the merits of our win in November against Hibs win today equate to being afraid of them? My summation states the total opposite.

Im saying our win was just as credible as Hibs win today because of the differing Sevco position.

Im sure our players will not be afraid of Hibs but they need to avoid believing the media hype which in my view is not merited for the reasons given.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Hibs' issue this season has never been how they do against Rangers or us (they've actually played reasonably well against us twice this season - didn't win either). It's when they're expected to win against teams when the atmosphere's flat and there's pressure on he, to go and create - they don't do so well then.

We just keep winning (and for the most part winning well).

Yesterday's match will have no bearing on what happens in the derby.Hibs have played out their skin against us twice and we have been below par twice but yet they only have 1 point to show for their efforts.I have no doubts that Hibs under Stubbs they will again raise their game against us making it a tough match.

Hibs were excellent today, fair play to them. 

Strange thread.

My thoughts exactly. Rangers were terrible but even still, Hibs were clinical and looked good value for a 4-0 win.

That being said, the derby is coming up and they'll be confident so hopefully we won't be too complacent with our points advantage. 

J.T.F.Robertson

Hibs certainly looked good today. Granted, Rangers were abysmal, but they'll be well up for it this weekend and we better be prepared to hound them from the off.

We have to be confident, the year has ended and we have not lost a game this season.

Also, will be some sight to see us play a full match with the same consistency as I feel we play great in one half or the other and never for the full 90.

Definitely not complaining as that one great half performance has seen us through, but will be great to see us batter a team for 90 minutes

Hibs beat Rangers today 4-0. Despite the circumstances that is some victory. We would be absolutely elated after that win! Hibs are playing well, gaining confidence and will be looking to build momentum. They should have won at Easter Road and didn't due to a one in s thousand goal from Oz. Point of my post... We are miles ahead but not over the line. Give respect where it's due to a team playing well. They have several good players to be wary of. I expect that the players will have this drilled into them this week. This is not the game we need to lose our momentum on and start 2015 with a loss. The fans need to show a wee bit humility and know that this is a tough tough asking. Acting like the party planners will have a party planner outcome. Quiet confidence in our team. Respect to the opponents. Get the job done. Mon the Hearts!

Hibs beat Rangers today 4-0. Despite the circumstances that is some victory. We would be absolutely elated after that win! Hibs are playing well, gaining confidence and will be looking to build momentum. They should have won at Easter Road and didn't due to a one in s thousand goal from Oz. Point of my post... We are miles ahead but not over the line. Give respect where it's due to a team playing well. They have several good players to be wary of. I expect that the players will have this drilled into them this week. This is not the game we need to lose our momentum on and start 2015 with a loss. The fans need to show a wee bit humility and know that this is a tough tough asking. Acting like the party planners will have a party planner outcome. Quiet confidence in our team. Respect to the opponents. Get the job done. Mon the Hearts!

Don't post on here that often. I am a Hibs fan and first posted on here to thank you guys for the great posts when Eddie Turnbull passed and again when Jim Cruickshank passed. The derby is a game I always look forward to believe it or not. I love them. My granddad was a Leith Jambo and my father in law is a big jambo and season ticket holder. We dinnae chat that often about the games, makes life easier. I never wanted you guys going out of the box. Like it or not we need our rivalry.

I was at the game today and I must say it was a mix of us being very good and them being really shite. I have never seen an old firm team so lacking in everything. They are ****ed big time. I thought that they would be right at us today with Sally being emptied and a lot to prove. Apart from 10 minutes in the second half when they kicked anything that moved (Scott Allan in particular) they were shite. A sorry excuse of a team. I loved it.

I said to my mates after the game that at least we and you at least have learned the hard way but are building for the future. It might be enforced but we at least are doing it. They on the other hand are paying the price for the arrogance shown since they became Sevco. Paying radge wages to very average players from top flight clubs to win the bottom leagues in a very poor Scottish game. That was obvious today. **** me I couldn't believe how bad Lee Wallace was ( a guy I always thought a great player).

Next week will hopefully be a great game and I hope that it shows the Edinburgh Derby is the top game in Scotland. We deserve that.

Peace.    

Craig Herbertson

Don't post on here that often. I am a Hibs fan and first posted on here to thank you guys for the great posts when Eddie Turnbull passed and again when Jim Cruickshank passed. The derby is a game I always look forward to believe it or not. I love them. My granddad was a Leith Jambo and my father in law is a big jambo and season ticket holder. We dinnae chat that often about the games, makes life easier. I never wanted you guys going out of the box. Like it or not we need our rivalry.

I was at the game today and I must say it was a mix of us being very good and them being really shite. I have never seen an old firm team so lacking in everything. They are messed big time. I thought that they would be right at us today with Sally being emptied and a lot to prove. Apart from 10 minutes in the second half when they kicked anything that moved (Scott Allan in particular) they were shite. A sorry excuse of a team. I loved it.

I said to my mates after the game that at least we and you at least have learned the hard way but are building for the future. It might be enforced but we at least are doing it. They on the other hand are paying the price for the arrogance shown since they became Sevco. Paying radge wages to very average players from top flight clubs to win the bottom leagues in a very poor Scottish game. That was obvious today. **** me I couldn't believe how bad Lee Wallace was ( a guy I always thought a great player).

Next week will hopefully be a great game and I hope that it shows the Edinburgh Derby is the top game in Scotland. We deserve that.

Peace.    

Fair play to you for posting in these increasingly bitter times. Hibs deserved their moment of triumph. I think quite a few Jambos sneakily watched it, including me. Naturally want you horsed at the derby but no one can take it away from Hibs that they outclassed The Rangers.

Well done Hibs today. It would be unfair to diminish their performance today and foolish on our part to put it down solely to Rangers' inadequacy. While QOTS played ok for in spells against us the reality is Hibs have been our toughest opposition and have just about matched us over the two games so far.

Player for player I firmly believe we have the better squad, but we will need to be right up for it on the 3rd and not take anything for granted.

Psychedelicropcircle

My only hope is that they bring this attacking football to Tynecastle next week and not the usual lets stifle hearts for 90 minutes.

Archived